New Stock of Reform 1745 pens found!

Lexaf

NEW STOCK OF REFORM 1745 PENS!

Hello Dear fans of the Reform 1745 pens,

All of you who already bought one or more of these lovely little piston fillers, thank you and thank you also for your nice comments on receiving the pens! :thumbup:

I really thought it would not be possible to obtain more stock so I had to disappoint some of you, but:

To my surprise I found a rather large lot of Reform 1745 pens again. :ltcapd:

I ordered a batch of 70 more pens!

I just made the order and I expect to have them here in about two weeks, maybe even some days earlier!

So If you are still interested in obtaining the pens you can send me a PM already now and I can make you a reservation for one ore more pens.

As soon as the pens come in I will send you a message and then you can pay me as usual on Paypal.

As the US $ is dramatically low ( so sorry) I have to raise my prices a little bit.

So the prices for the pens wil be from now on:

Reform 1745 pen: us $ 9,00 each.

Optional regrinding service for a supersmooth F nib: us $ 6,00 each.

Shipping Worldwide: us $ 3,00 for 1 pen, us $ 1,00 for each pen more.

See my earlier postings about the pen for more (technical) details & specifications.

Cheers!

:eureka: Lexaf :eureka:

Edited for typos.

Edited by Lexaf

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lexaf

• JulioPB

• mwpannell

• Richmond1958

I'm thinking you secretly own the machines and old stock material needed to make these pens :D

(each night Lex disappears to his basement for hours at a time turning the handles of old, clanky machines; one hand feeding raw materials to one port while on the other end dribbles out a cap or a nib unit, maybe a piston mechanism...

He scoops them up and puts them all on a table, which his assistant then raises up to the heavens and a lightning bolt streaks across the sky... "it's assembled... IT'S ASSEMBLED!!!)

Oh yes!

Finally I managed to mass produce the ultimate FRANKENPEN! ;)

Grrrrreetingzzzz to you all,

:wacko: :wacko: The monster of Lexafstein! :bawl: :hmm1:

I'm thinking you secretly own the machines and old stock material needed to make these pens :D

(each night Lex disappears to his basement for hours at a time turning the handles of old, clanky machines; one hand feeding raw materials to one port while on the other end dribbles out a cap or a nib unit, maybe a piston mechanism...

He scoops them up and puts them all on a table, which his assistant then raises up to the heavens and a lightning bolt streaks across the sky... "it's assembled... IT'S ASSEMBLED!!!)

Hey all, (especially Lexaf), I just recieved mine from the last batch the other day, and they are fantastic. I inked one, haven't had to reink it yet (despite 12 pages of notes last night). The nib is smooth after the first page and a half. I'm using it with PR naples blue, and it is a wet writer. If you've been on the fence with these, go for it. You won't regret the decision.

Hey all, (especially Lexaf), I just recieved mine from the last batch the other day, and they are fantastic. I inked one, haven't had to reink it yet (despite 12 pages of notes last night). The nib is smooth after the first page and a half. I'm using it with PR naples blue, and it is a wet writer. If you've been on the fence with these, go for it. You won't regret the decision.

Can't agree more with you :thumbup:

I'm also surprised at the degree of flex demonstrated by the STEEL nib of the 1745 :clap1:

This pen is highly recommended - as is the seller! :cloud9:

Shahrin :bunny01:

Edited by shahrincamille

Thanks, Xena for your enthousiatic reaction. And yes these little pens take a load of ink, more than twice a standard cartridge.

Wish you a lot of pleasure with it for a long time.

Cheers,

Lexaf :thumbup:

Edited by Lexaf

Thank you so much also, Sharin, for your kind words. :)

I'm glad to read you like the pen and thank you too for the recommendation.

I hope you will enjoy your pen for a long time.

Cheers,

Lexaf :thumbup:

Can't agree more with you :thumbup:

I'm also surprised at the degree of flex demonstrated by the STEEL nib of the 1745 :clap1:

This pen is highly recommended - as is the seller! :cloud9:

Shahrin :bunny01:

Thanks Alejandro,

Lots of impressive stickers on the parcel obviously helps to make snail mail a bit more speedy. :rolleyes:

Hope the snails also can find other parts of the world!

Cheers,

:eureka: Lex :eureka:

I ordered four of these cute pens, and they arrived in exactly nine days to Brazil.

Lovely pens and excellent service!

Alejandro

Edited by Lexaf

I.m afraid I didn't. :unsure:

Please send me a PM here on FPN first with your question and your e-mail address so I can answer you directly...

Lexaf

Hope you've received my email.

Lex made sure two of the last lot with smoothing found their way to me here in Australia. Great service, lovely pens, very nice writers. Don't let the ridiculously cheap price deter you - these are a great buy.

Edited by inkypete
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Can someone who has used these pens let me know the difference between the medium (is that how it comes without the grinding) and the fine point grinding? I've had bad experiences with fine point pens in general, so... am looking for comments from users of both?

I've reserved two... I just don't know whether to get them ground or not.

Thanks muchly!

Is there life before death?

Are the pens all of the color pictured, or is there more than one color?

Hi Mac,

Standard (unground) they come with an EF-F pointed nib that might be a little toothy. Differs from pen to pen. After I reground them the nib is a rather wet writing (what I call) full F. If you are a 'power writer' it could even perform like an M, because the nib is a bit flexible, amazing for a steel nib. The wet line is because of the fact that the pen is very carefully adjusted after the regrinding process. It can be ajusted a bit dryer, but then there is the risk of skipping. The ajustment is subtle, but very easy to do yourself, it is a matter of having the nib slightly deeper in the nib holder for a dryer line or more pulled out (to make it a bit loose) for a wetter line. But this is only a matter of tenth of mm's! So you need some (as the Germans say) Fingerspitzengefühl!

So, Mac, thanks for the reservation, and if your handwriting tends to M, I'd sure advise to have the nibs ground. I cannot regrind an EF-F nib up to a full M, though, there's too little Iridium on the point for that to reach that gauge.

Hope this answers your question, and others wil like this info too.

Lexaf

Can someone who has used these pens let me know the difference between the medium (is that how it comes without the grinding) and the fine point grinding? I've had bad experiences with fine point pens in general, so... am looking for comments from users of both?

I've reserved two... I just don't know whether to get them ground or not.

Thanks muchly!

As far as I know they are all green with a black cap, as pictured.

There are other Reform models in many colours, but I think there doesn't exist an other colour variety for the 1745's.

Are the pens all of the color pictured, or is there more than one color?

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files