Stripped Hero 336

weemeng

Hi,

Here are pictures of my Hero 336 stripped apart.

The only thing I didn't pull apart is the sac as I didn't have shellac to glue it back.

Pull out the metal sac protector.

To remove the feed, just grip the tube through the sac and give a firm push.

To pull the nib out, I used a sharp tweezer, poke into the hole of the nib and carefully pushed it out so that I don't (soapy mouth) myself.

I was quite amazed at the simplicity of the feed/nib design.

I hope the pictures come out.

Enjoy,

weemeng

post-12940-1210075656_thumb.jpg

post-12940-1210075702_thumb.jpg

post-12940-1210075731_thumb.jpg

post-12940-1210075770_thumb.jpg

post-12940-1210075799_thumb.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• weemeng

• psfred

• richardandtracy

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for that. It is most informative.

Did you manage to get the hood off?

I'd almost expect to see a finned collector like on the P51, given got similar everything else is to the Parker 51.

Regards

Richard.

I prefer to remove the hood. A dip in near boiling water and it comes right off, and then you can get the nib and feed seated properly in the collector without damaging the nib -- hard to push it in all the way with the collector inside the hood.

You will need some shellac to seal it back on, though, or section sealant. Easy enough to come by most places.

I've only had one of my Hero's apart, and that was to steal the nib. All of the rest of them worked great except for some nib problems on one 616 that were curable with the nib installed.

Peter

:

Did you manage to get the hood off?

I'd almost expect to see a finned collector like on the P51, given got similar everything else is to the Parker 51.

Regards

Richard.

I didn't attempt to remove the hood from the clear plastic threaded portion as I wasn't sure if it could taken apart. Furthermore, if I did manage to open it I don't have the necessary adhesive to put it back together.

As far as I could see, it's not necessary to remove the hood from the threaded portion if ever the pen got stuck. Inside the hood where the nib went through, it was a smooth bore to the sac. I was expecting some kind of fins like what I saw in Richard Binder's web site which showed the cross section of a P51 but there were none.

Even the feed didn't have any fins. It's just a long cylindrical plug with a thin line cut lengthwise through it to the nib like all other feeds I've seen. In the centre is the breather tube.

The nib/feed contraption seem to be able to hold quite a few drops of ink before it becomes saturated. To dilute the ink in my pen, it could suck up at least 4-5 drops of water before it became full and couldn't suck up anymore.

The simplicity of the design amazed me.

rgds

weemeng