What pen are you waiting for in the mail?

scratchy

Yes let us know wadeo22!

(I for one have been wanting to know what Faber Castell pens are like...... so give us your opinion when you get them!)

scratchy

Sailor Professional Gear GT B Nib

Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib

Pelikan M1000 (black) B Nib

Bexley Simplicity bronze GT B nib

Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• TeaHive

• 79spitfire

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waiting for my new Dark Blue Pelikan M805 to return from having its 3B nib reground to a cursive italics. Should arrive today.

http://home.earthlink.net/~athanatos/John-Sig%203.png

"Let those who don't want none

have memories of not gettin' any."

—Bro. David Gardner

Waiting for my new Dark Blue Pelikan M805 to return from having its 3B nib reground to a cursive italics. Should arrive today.

I love waiting to get a pen back from nib work. I'm like a kid at Christmas, the anticipation builds until your ready to burst.

I'm waiting on, after much drama, an Omas Arco Milord w/fine nib and silver fixtures.

JELL-O, IT'S WHATS FOR DINNER!

Still waiting on my Glenmonts. I delayed my trip just to be able to receive them today. They better be here! :bonk:

I'm waiting for my next pen. I don't know what it is yet...but I can't wait to receive it. :D

Antonym, n.: The opposite of the word you're trying to think of.

Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of, but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.

Robert Heinlein

There is much that is unexplained....Until it is! (Walter Bishop 2009)

I'm waiting for 2 pens, both currently with Richard Binder -

A previously owned Montblanc 146 in need of flow adjustment and getting a 0.6 mm stub

A previously owned Parker 51 aerometric in need of nib smoothing

I can now add the black Duofold International I've just bought from another FPNer :)

Edited by rogerb

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

US humorist (1878 - 1937)

I'm waiting for pens from 2 places right now. Ome is a set (FP and RB) from Brian Gray. They are in red/black ebonite with a Taccia signle tone nib in F. The pens have a Menlo clip with the Beaumont centerband, all done in rhodium. The pens have flat top and bottom, with a star of life engraved into the tops of each pen. Real beauties, made for me to use in my part time gig as an EMT.

The second pen I am waiting on might just become the most memorable/treasured pen in my collection. It is a Bexley Cigar Aficionado in black heavy cast acrylic. It is fitted with an early Bexley 14K medium/broad nib. Some may ask why this pen will ne so treasured and memorable for me. This is a pen I purchased from the great Al Mayman, who recently passed away. While I never met him in person, we corresponded several times via email and the discussion was always friendly and helpful. We last spoke on Saturday (03/15), when I purchased this pen. I am greatly saddened by Al's passing and this pen will most certainly become a prized pen and a daily user and I'll always think fondly of Al as I use it.

Inkdesigner

Take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly, and try another. But by all means, try something.

--Franklin D. Roosevelt

inkdesigner that's a great way to remember a friend

cmenice I hope you will receive your Glenmonts soon

as for me I seem to have a talent for ordering a pen at the wrong time - holiday post......not! oh well i just need to be patient.......

scratchy

Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib

Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

I can now add the black Duofold I've just bought from another FPNer :)

........and a Burgundy Sailor 1911 with Zoom nib (also from a FPNer)...can't wait to play with that :)

If you make people think they're thinking, they'll love you; But if you really make them think, they'll hate you.

Don Marquis

........and a Burgundy Sailor 1911 with Zoom nib (also from a FPNer)...can't wait to play with that :)

rogerb - I hope you get that soon, it sounds great

Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib

Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

Has anyone got their new FPs in the mail yet........or should I be looking at the 'what pen did you get today?' thread? :blush:

Sailor Sapporo GT F Nib

Pilot VP blue/GT B nib

Waiting for my Pelikan 400 tortoise to ruturn repaired from Pelikan.

And I am waiting for a Parker 51 burgundy ....

Well I thought I was awaiting the news that my Dolce Vita OS was en route, but just received an email from my supplier, of which this is an extract:

"I don't like to send on pens -- even if factory sealed as this one was -- without examining and adjusting the nib prior to shipping, as I want the pen to be ready to write without any adjustment on the part of the customer. In my experience, close to 90% of the pens I receive -- from all manufacturers -- require some adjustment on my part before I send them on their way.

Your pen took the prize! :-) The nib was only halfway inserted into the section, causing it to jam into the cap top. Further, the rubber gasket that fits onto the threads of the section -- and allows the pen to function as an eyedropper -- had a split in it, which would have caused leakage upon first filling with ink, should you have used it in that fashion.

The good news is that YAFA *does* have another Fine nib and section, and they will be shipping it out to me (hopefully today). So, we still should get your pen on its way to you this week."

So I suppose I could say I am likely to be waiting a while longer...... does Delta (or Visconti) understand the concept of Quality Control?

Don Marquis

Well I thought I was awaiting the news that my Dolce Vita OS was en route, but just received an email from my supplier, of which this is an extract:

It may be disappointing, but your supplier gets an A+.

deirdre.net

"Heck we fed a thousand dollar pen to a chicken because we could." -- FarmBoy, about Pen Posse

It may be disappointing, but your supplier gets an A+.

I THOUGHT I was still waiting for my dark blue Sailor 1911, XF nib, to return from the pen

spa of Chez Mottishaw, after going for recovery from an unfortunate nib-first tabletop

encounter. But, UPS delivered today, so, not waiting anymore, except to decide what

ink to use... :rolleyes:

Two Parker 45s to add to my little "fleet o' 45s"...one in the lighter green with lustraloy cap and silver trim, the other the darker green and my first GOLD CAP 45.

Editorial comment: It's annoying when some eBay sellers wait two weeks for a $13 check to come, and clear...oh well. I have certainly enjoyed the widespread atmosphere of trust here on FPN.

<i>"Most people go through life using up half their energy trying to protect a dignity they never had."</i><br>-Marlowe, in <i>The Long Goodbye</i>