Dinuoyang 818

vagabond

I decided to handwrite this review, but in case you don't want to load the larger scans and read the handwritten review (click on the thumbs to expand), here's the short version:

--it was fairly cheap

--it is very pretty

--I like how it writes

cool.gif

Page one of review:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/185/410480487_9b39225a26_m.jpg

Page two of review:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/172/410501793_d9d6ca765e_m.jpg

With my inexpensive digital camera and complete lack of photography skills, I couldn't get a photo to turn out, so here is the one from ISellPens.com. While far better than my own attempts, it still doesn't do justice to the beauty of this pen!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/156/410648211_5685ff3785.jpg

Edited by vagabond

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lovemy51

• bizerkel

• vagabond

• 325irollin

• 9 months later...

I have this pen in blue, and I must say that it has not been as an experience for me. I find that it is skipping quite a bit, especially on the downstroke. I've flushed, I've changed inks, and still the same thing. And I love the look and the weight, so I will play around with it a little bit more. I really really want to LOVE this pen.

deb

I have this pen in blue, and I must say that it has not been as an experience for me. I find that it is skipping quite a bit, especially on the downstroke. I've flushed, I've changed inks, and still the same thing. And I love the look and the weight, so I will play around with it a little bit more. I really really want to LOVE this pen.

deb

i got the same pen as vagabond from isellpens.com for about $10 USD on a close out sale. i'm not sure if the blue one is the same model and just defferent color. anyways... mine is smooth enough for me to "like" it (notice i did not say "love").

still, i use in my rotation specially to match my copper tone (or similar) neck-ties, shoes... and so forth. :roflmho:

what inks and paper did you use?

• 2 weeks later...

deb

i got the same pen as vagabond from isellpens.com for about $10 USD on a close out sale. i'm not sure if the blue one is the same model and just defferent color. anyways... mine is smooth enough for me to "like" it (notice i did not say "love").

still, i use in my rotation specially to match my copper tone (or similar) neck-ties, shoes... and so forth. :roflmho:

what inks and paper did you use?

I got the black with silver trim 818 for Christmas. Mine will occasionally skip, but not so much that it would keep me from using it. It's a very sharp looking pen that writes remarkably smooth for $10

Unfortunately this brand did not sell that well and I have discontinued them. Very few our now left on my site at: www.isellpens.com . So, If you want one don't wait as they will not last much longer.

• 5 years later...

just revived this old thing to say: what a sweet nib these pens have. both my copper and black pens perform flawlessly. when i first commented on this post it was just ok, now i find them just awesome! did they get better with time?... idunno!

too bad they are not around anymore.

• 5 months later...

New to this forum.

I have the copper version.

I love it--how it writes, how it looks, how it feels in my hand.

Certainly does get better in terms of any skipping.

Have repaired the cap several times and have been hunting down another one for the past six years.

Got the original from Norman Haase of "Hisnibs.com".

New to this forum.

I have the copper version.

I love it--how it writes, how it looks, how it feels in my hand.

Certainly does get better in terms of any skipping.

Have repaired the cap several times and have been hunting down another one for the past six years.

Got the original from Norman Haase of "Hisnibs.com".

hi and :W2FPN:

glad you like it... I have both copper and black versions of this pen.