Ratnam Pens

s_t_e_v_e

Hey I am in India!

How to get in touch with them?

Hi,

Their contact no is 91 0883 2498782 and the contact person is Mr. Ramanamurthy (pronounced as Ram-ana-moorty).

Their address is

Ratnam Pen Works,

10-7-18, Fort Gate,

Rajahmundry - 533101

Andhra Pradesh, India.

Regards,

Steve.

Thanks Steve, but calling India is not cost effective from the US for me...

Do they by chance have an email address....

Or would you see what shipping would be and purchase a pen and ship to me....

Hi Tom,

They can be contacted only by phone or by post. They haven't provided any e-mail id in any of their correspondence with me.

Regarding me shipping the pen to you guys in US, I can do that. But I would be moving to the US to do my graduation in fall 2008 i.e. August 2008. So I could get the ones you want and ship it locally from the US!!!

How do you want me to do it???

If someone else also wants these pens, let me know, so that I can get them with me when I come to the US.

Regards,

Steve.

I am in absolutely no hurry... so waiting until you come to the US would not bother me at all.... It's not like I NEED another pen :blush:

I think the one I am most interested in is the 21 with a fine gold nib (if it writes like a US fine)... that is the one with the hooded nib if I am not mistaken...

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• s_t_e_v_e

• alpha1

• hari317

• shrujaya

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Now I find out about these ebonite pens with gold nibs for $32.

It just saws the true cost of gold nibs :)

So next time that you get a quote of a gold nib upgrade for $90 think about it :sick:

With $32 you can get a gold nib + a pen.

Anybody can help us put a mass order and make an FPN pen out of them?

We can have them engraved of center also for the fun of it :roflmho:;)

Edited by antoniosz

Hey I am in India!

Hi,

Their contact no is 91 0883 2498782 and the contact person is Mr. Ramanamurthy (pronounced as Ram-ana-moorty).

Their address is

Ratnam Pen Works,

10-7-18, Fort Gate,

Rajahmundry - 533101

Andhra Pradesh, India.

Regards,

Steve.

Hi Tom,

They can be contacted only by phone or by post. They haven't provided any e-mail id in any of their correspondence with me.

Regarding me shipping the pen to you guys in US, I can do that. But I would be moving to the US to do my graduation in fall 2008 i.e. August 2008. So I could get the ones you want and ship it locally from the US!!!

If someone else also wants these pens, let me know, so that I can get them with me when I come to the US.

Regards,

Steve.

Steve, I would be interested in aquiring a couple of these pens. If you are serious about ordering and shipping, I would be willing to be the shipment point in the US. You could take orders and have people pay you online, you could buy them and ship them to me in bulk and I could subdivide the orders and ship them to the others in US who ordered from you. I'm pretty sure it would be cheaper that way and not much longer. Of course, I'd be even happier if someone else in the US would do this, but I'm willing to volunteer.

Someone else could do the same thing if enough people were interested in Europe or Canada or Australia. Shipping from me to US addresses for 1-6 pens would be about $5.00 US.

Andy

"Andy Hoffman" Sandy Ego, CA

Torrey View is Andy's BlOG and Facebook me! If you visit my blog, click on the ad. I'll send all proceeds to charity.

For my minutiae, FOLLOW my Twitter.

I sent an email to both Guider and Wality, and none have responded (its 4-5 days now).

Hey call the guys at Guider and speak to them..... Even I sent them e-mails but they seem to pay no heed to e-mails. Wality is quite readily available in local shops. Try any good local pen shop and you should be able to find it!

All the best!

Hey I am in India!

Hi,

Their address is

Ratnam Pen Works,

10-7-18, Fort Gate,

Rajahmundry - 533101

Andhra Pradesh, India.

Regards,

Steve.

Hi Tom,

Regards,

Steve.

Steve, I would be interested in aquiring a couple of these pens. If you are serious about ordering and shipping, I would be willing to be the shipment point in the US. You could take orders and have people pay you online, you could buy them and ship them to me in bulk and I could subdivide the orders and ship them to the others in US who ordered from you. I'm pretty sure it would be cheaper that way and not much longer. Of course, I'd be even happier if someone else in the US would do this, but I'm willing to volunteer.

Someone else could do the same thing if enough people were interested in Europe or Canada or Australia. Shipping from me to US addresses for 1-6 pens would be about $5.00 US.

Andy

I would definately be into that.

Folks, my friend here in Ann Arbor, Michigan is a Indian guy from Hyderabad, which is not too far away from the city where the Ratnam Pen co is located it. I could ask if his dad might be willing to buy up a bunch of pens and ship them to Ann Arbor,and then we could ship them to all interested parties?

Would you all want me to ask my friend if his dad is interested ?

please send me PMs to let me know.

-Sid

Now I find out about these ebonite pens with gold nibs for $32.

It just saws the true cost of gold nibs :)

So next time that you get a quote of a gold nib upgrade for $90 think about it :sick:

With $32 you can get a gold nib + a pen.

Anybody can help us put a mass order and make an FPN pen out of them?

We can have them engraved of center also for the fun of it :roflmho:;)

That cost includes the cost of labor too.

Which is more significant in US/Europe.

In India - the labor cost would be INR 10-100 per hour. That works out to be USD 0.25-2.5 per hour.

You know anyone who is willing to work for that low pay in the developed world? :D

If so, then you can beat India and China at their own game.

Hey alpha1- where in India are located at? BTW, I lived in Assam and Meghalaya states before immigrating to the USA.

Edited by Wolverine1

Andy

Andy,

This seems to be a good idea (one US shipping address to which all pens will be sent and then shipping it all others in US) incase someone wants them urgently. Else, I would post a topic in the marketplace just before coming to the US and take orders for the pens. I would ship it locally immediately after reaching the US. What say??

Steve.

Andy

Andy,

This seems to be a good idea (one US shipping address to which all pens will be sent and then shipping it all others in US) incase someone wants them urgently. Else, I would post a topic in the marketplace just before coming to the US and take orders for the pens. I would ship it locally immediately after reaching the US. What say??

Steve.

Either way is OK with me. However, it would be much simpler if we waited 10 months till you got here. I'll go with whatever the group chooses.

Andy

Torrey View is Andy's BlOG and Facebook me! If you visit my blog, click on the ad. I'll send all proceeds to charity.

Steve,

please write reviews for Ratnam pens with writing samples! So many members are interested in those pens. This is your opportunity to write a good review covering all points.

Thanks,

Abhik.

I'd certainly go for one of the big green ones with the 14 carat nib if those became available in the US. Nice pens!

Hey alpha1- where in India are located at? BTW, I lived in Assam and Meghalaya states before immigrating to the USA.

Hey

I am located in Pune, I belong to Delhi, though.

And due to my job, I keep roaming all over the country.

• 1 month later...

Hello All,

Am a new member - my name is Vikas and by rofession i am a Management and HR consultant.

I saw the dicussion in this forum and thought i could share my views:-

I have a couple of Ratnam Pens and they are AMAZING .............................. truly said that if you own a Ratnam you wont use anything else ever.............

I am in India/Mumbai and can buy and ship the pens to any one who so desires.............. I would certainly extend whatever assistance required to a "FOUNTAIN PEN HOLIC" ;)

Needless to state that this is not my business its just that these pens are available in the factory which is thousands of miles away to mumbai itself , they do not sell thru resellers so we have to order it from them only.................then I will have to resend it to whoever and wherever they so desire........

It great to be a part of this forum and to talk with you all nice like minded people...........

Warmest Regards,

Vikas Ruparelia

vikasruparelia@hotmail.com

Thanks and Warm Regards,

Vikas Ruparelia

YOU DON'T CHOOSE THE PEN, THE PEN CHOOSES YOU . . . . .

Hello All,

Am a new member - my name is Vikas and by rofession i am a Management and HR consultant.

I saw the dicussion in this forum and thought i could share my views:-

I have a couple of Ratnam Pens and they are AMAZING .............................. truly said that if you own a Ratnam you wont use anything else ever.............

I am in India/Mumbai and can buy and ship the pens to any one who so desires.............. I would certainly extend whatever assistance required to a "FOUNTAIN PEN HOLIC" ;)

Needless to state that this is not my business its just that these pens are available in the factory which is thousands of miles away to mumbai itself , they do not sell thru resellers so we have to order it from them only.................then I will have to resend it to whoever and wherever they so desire........

It great to be a part of this forum and to talk with you all nice like minded people...........

Warmest Regards,

Vikas Ruparelia

vikasruparelia@hotmail.com

Vikas,

I'm interested. Can you post a photo of what you would be able to sell and ship along with your price? Do this in the "Marketplace" forum.

If the pens are good, are a good price, the shipping not to onerous, and the vendor (you) are reliable, you should be able to sell a bunch to us here on FPN. I wouldn't mind being among the first to "try" one here.

Andy

Edited by amh210