Postcard Swap

notts86

Does anyone else, like me, enjoy receiving 'real' mail from all over the world? There are such a variety of members here that I thought it would be interesting to swap postcards of our town which have been written with a fountain pen. You could include details about the pen and ink you are using on the card, or just a general message about your hometown!

I'm happy to send postcards from Canterbury, United Kingdom to anyone who would like to receive one. Let me know in the forum below or send me a PM.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FredRydr

• sdcurnow

• Okami

• hari317

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry, it appears I hadn't updated for a few weeks! It seems that people are getting on without the list anyway, but doesn't hurt to update it. Anyone who posted but didn't explicity mention wanting to exchange cards I have refrained from adding.

Here's the list (as of edit date):

Postcard Interest List
Send PMs to initiate exchanges!
If you're not on this list, please post to notts86's Postcard Swap topic.

USERNAME        LOCATION                         EXCHANGE LOCATION PREFERENCE
notts86         Canterbury (UK)                  any
andru           Kingston (ON,Canada)             any
Wizergig        Kansas (USA)                     any
Sakura          France & Arizona (USA)           any
Funktionslust   Halifax (NS,Canada)              any
artaddict       Nixtlan (NY,USA)                 any
judybug         Louisiana (USA)                  any
nluoma          Michigan (USA)                   any
luckygrandson   Chesapeake Bay area (USA)        any
goldkiwi        Vancouver (BC,Canada)            any
markc           San Francisco (CA,USA)           any
yiterp          OK corral (USA?)                 any
playpen         ??                               any
Phthalo         Australia                        any
Margana         Los Angeles (CA,USA)             any
amh210          San Diego (CA,USA)               beyond Southern CA
KG4KAH          Raleigh (NC,USA)                 any
whiskas         Bucharest (Romania)              beyond Romania; N. Europe preferred
halljer         Evansville (IN,USA)              any
ashaw           Phila (PA,USA)                   any
pmsalty         Newhall (L.A.,CA,USA)            any
OboeJuan        Calgary (AB,Canada)              any
elena           Kailua (Hawaii)                  any
HDoug           Honolulu (Hawaii)                any
CasmiUK         Cheshire (UK)                    any
Superbus        Budapest (Hungary)               any
Carrie          Lancashire (England)             any
Tweel           West Lafayette (Indiana,USA)     any
Penlover        Spain                            any
Celeste         New Mexico (USA)                 any
petra           Cleveland (USA), and abroad      any
dwmatteson      Kenmore (NY,USA)                 any

Edited by andru

I would be up for it. I know there is a sticky post for those wishing to corespond via snail mail, perhaps with enough interest we could one for this as well. I would certainly like to see postcards from around the world, and it is a quicker process to just down a little info, about where we are, and what we are using.

"LIFE………….is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What A Ride!"

Does anyone else, like me, enjoy receiving 'real' mail from all over the world? There are such a variety of members here that I thought it would be interesting to swap postcards of our town which have been written with a fountain pen. You could include details about the pen and ink you are using on the card, or just a general message about your hometown!

I'm happy to send postcards from Canterbury, United Kingdom to anyone who would like to receive one. Let me know in the forum below or send me a PM.

I love this idea as well...you can benefit from cards from me in two different countries if this starts soon, because I'm in France for the summer before returning to Arizona. Cowboys n' fromage...

Sakura

schreibvergnuegen

visit my blog! the teahouse

Hi,

I wouldn't mind postcards from all over the globe as well as from Canterbury; my young daughter is starting a postage stamp collection.

How would this address exchange work?

Have received such a lot of responses to this post! How about a central list of 'postcarders' which I would distribute to everyone who was interested. You could then send a postcard to the part of the world which interested you and then ask for one back...

I will send a few out on a 'first come first served' basis, but so far have about 10 addresses and can't send to everyone... sorry!

Perhaps like the leter writing thread. Everyone put there name on a list, and then make contact via the back channels.

"LIFE………….is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming - WOW - What A Ride!"

I think this is a great idea! Count me in as a source of Postcards from the wilds of Michigan.

None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try.

Mark Twain

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Please include me. I need more excuses to use my pens.

I'll contribute nice cards from the Chesapeake Bay area!

Steve

AWN%252520ADD.jpg

I'd also be interested! At the moment a "real letter" is a bit daunting for me, but I like the idea of a post card :)

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4619/inkxchangemm0.png Currently out of vials.my ink list

Ink of the moment: mix of Noodler's Lermontov, Britannia's Blue Waves, and Whiteness of the Whale

Count me in!

Mine would be coming from San Francisco, CA.

-Mark

Science is a way of skeptically interrogating the universe with a fine understanding of human fallibility.

-Carl Sagan

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange_sm.pnghttp://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/PostcardExchange_sm.pnghttp://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qVJOiluU9_4/THp4f_4pakI/AAAAAAAAA14/_d-MITGtqvY/s320/InkDropLogoFPN2.jpg

old Wyatt in too--sounds like fun :)

Wyatt Earp--Wyatt Earp

brave,courageous and bold

long live his fame & long live his glory

and long may his story be told

**deleted**

Edited by Margana

A certified Inkophile

inkophile on tumblr,theinkophile on instagram,inkophile on twitter

I have sent out a few postcards to some of the first people who were interested. Apologies to everyone else who doesn't get one from me... I really can't afford to send too many at the moment! How about if we proceed like this? Everyone who would like to send / receive postcards posts the following information:

- Area of the world where you will send from

- Area(s) of the world from which you would like to receive cards

If there are matches, then people can make contact using PMs.

I don't know if I made the cut on notts86 postcards, but I'm "eager" to play.

I'll send picture post cards of beautiful San Diego, California. In return, I'd enjoy receiving picture post cards from anywhere outside of Southern California.

PM me with your mailing address and I'll send out the first card.

Andy

I have sent out a few postcards to some of the first people who were interested. Apologies to everyone else who doesn't get one from me... I really can't afford to send too many at the moment! How about if we proceed like this? Everyone who would like to send / receive postcards posts the following information:

- Area of the world where you will send from

- Area(s) of the world from which you would like to receive cards

If there are matches, then people can make contact using PMs.

"Andy Hoffman" Sandy Ego, CA

Torrey View is Andy's BlOG and Facebook me! If you visit my blog, click on the ad. I'll send all proceeds to charity.

For my minutiae, FOLLOW my Twitter.

Is there some way we could have a posted database of just names and locations? Maybe get one of the admins to make it a sticky.