Asian Pens

exit here

Well, while that's happening, ya wanna tell us where we can go to get some of these? How about if we say pretty please? :D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• exit here

• Djehuty

• domino

• Blackhill

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like the elusive "Zager & Evans" pen another thread :roller1:

Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money.

- Cree Indian Proverb

Stan is right it is a platinum ....the reason you cannot find one is that it is a domestic Japanese model ...there are many like this that we will never see. I am cultivating (sucking up to) a contact in Tokyo ...so I might have a line for future models of Japan only pen.

Must go ...but the cyborg stuff really deserves a reply.

Here's the closest I can come to the BORG pen

http://www.platinum-pen.co.jp/products/fountain/PTB-20000G/PTB-20000G_440_1.jpg

its from http://www.platinum-pen.co.jp/products/eproduct.html

Chihiro- How did you know my name was Chihiro?

Haku- I have known you since you were very small.

OK folks I seem to have made some headway. I needed to have the pages translated.

It is a squat pen and not an artifact of the picture. It resembles a grub worm! <_<

do a google search of platinum Glamour FP pen

pick http://bungbungbung.ti-da.net/e445614.html click translate the page (from Japanese)

follow this link to http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&am...26sa%3DG#355332

or you may google

Platinum glamour fountain pen PGM-3400

you ma need to translate also, I havent the foggiest idea of how to order.

http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/buneido/img100388807.jpeg

http://image.www.rakuten.co.jp/buneido/img10031361635.jpeg

Edited by domino

Ah, so close! :(

Would anyone here happen to be fluent in Japanese and willing to assist those of us who desire pens which look like grub-worms?

As long as it really is around $20 or $25. For much more than that, I'd rather have the money than the weird pen. :)

OK folks I seem to have made some headway. I needed to have the pages translated.

http://bungbungbung.ti-da.net/e445614.html click translate the page (from Japanese)

follow this link to http://64.233.179.104/translate_c?hl=en&am...26sa%3DG#355332

Platinum glamour fountain pen PGM-3400

you ma need to translate also, I havent the foggiest idea of how to order.

The price on this site for the fountain pen is 3,750 yen.

3,570.00 JPY = 29.8626 USD

I go away for 10 minutes and look what happens .... The site the original pic came from is www.Namado1230.net , a Japanese language only site so you will need the likes of Babel Fish or other translator.

As stated these are listed as SOLD OUT and were offered at US$25.00

The pen sold online at Nomado, in Japan.

Let's assume they will sell to someone overseas. Almost every online outfit in Japan refuses to sell overseas. Don't know why and have gotten several BS answers. I also assume the Y3030 includes the 5% VAT. To this you need to add shipping that might be another $10, if they will mail it directly overseas to you. If not, you will need a contact in Japan and, if so, add another Y5 minimum to your order for domestic postage.

Your friend will want something for their efforts. $10, one way or other, would not be out of the question and would be appropriate. If you are thinking your friend will do it for free, maybe, think about saving this benefit for a pen you really want.

Back to the pen and price. Where were we. $28 (you won't get the best exchange rate) + $10 = $38, for direct shipping. If you need to go through an intermediary, add another $5 for domestic postage and $10 as a service fee. Your 'friend' might charge an extra few bucks to cover Paypal fees too, should they have Paypal.

I think the most realistic scenario for everyone might be getting the pen for $53.

Good luck.

stan

Formerly Ryojusen Pens
The oldest and largest buyer and seller of vintage Japanese pens in America.

Member: Pen Collectors of America & Fuente, THE Japanese Pen Collectors Club

Even if they ship overseas and you use your credit card, the card companies often charge "foreign transaction fee". They started doing this a yeas r or two ago. My cc companies charge 6% on purchases in Japan :angry: Probably not significant if amount is small, though.

I go away for 10 minutes and look what happens ....

Eh...what do you expect? <_< Show a bunch of pen aficionados something that's

enticing and it takes on a life of its own. :thumbup: Viva la fountain pens! and the people

that love them.....what a country..... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
Glamour FP

US$25.00

Cartridge ink (exclusive use) system

Nib Alloy

Nib type M

Size Length: 124 mm/axial diameters: 18.5 Mm φ/weight: 27 g

This pen reminds me of black antistatic flexible corrugated rubber tubing. When I used the rubber tubing, it deposited carbon on my hands.

• 3 weeks later...

A friend had one shipped to me from Singapore as a late birthday gift. Unposted, it fits completely inside my hand. It's like drawing with a crayon. Nib is a bit toothy, a bit wet with the cartridges that came with the pen.