Chicago Pen Show

kenny

I have never been to a Pen Show. I am getting psyched about the idea of going to the Chicago Pen Show. I need to work out the particulars with Mrs. Kenny, but I really want to go.

I haven't seen the kind of enthusiasm for the Chicago Pen Show as I have seen for, say, L.A. Is anyone else planning to go and maybe blow their tax refund?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kenny

• Brian Anderson

• david i

• rroossinck

I'll be there on Sunday looking for a few things :) I'm surprised to not see more discussion about it too, but I'm excited! :bunny01:

i was going to go to pick up a waterman overlay. however, i think i'm just going to stay home and order a nakaya online.

I'll be at the Chicago Show. I've never been and am wondering if it's mostly vintage, or are there reps form modern pen vendors / manufacturers? What's the main attraction at the Chicago show? I've only been to the Ohio show.

Somehow I have a feeling that I better only take along a specific and limited amount of cash...

Petra

I wish that I could, but with the state of things right now in my life, it's not the best thing to do from a financial perspective. Someone please take copius pictures and post them, please.

Ah...to witness a company's implosion...what a ride. If I make it out the other side of this one without a heart attack, I'll be amazed.:blink:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1118/726404937_328386ddc6_o.jpg

Brassing Adds Character: Available by clicking on my signature.

I'll be there on Sunday looking for a few things :) I'm surprised to not see more discussion about it too, but I'm excited! :bunny01:

Yes, I wonder if it is not as popular as other shows for some reason.

Chicago is the original pen show. One of the two-three largest by table count. Lots of vintage. Growing amount of modern. (bleep) (me) will be there five days. If you have not gone to pen show and believe you experience pendom via ebay and web boards... you truly don't know what you are missing.

Join us for beer n' cheese in the evening.

david

I have never been to a Pen Show. I am getting psyched about the idea of going to the Chicago Pen Show. I need to work out the particulars with Mrs. Kenny, but I really want to go.

I haven't seen the kind of enthusiasm for the Chicago Pen Show as I have seen for, say, L.A. Is anyone else planning to go and maybe blow their tax refund?

If I had the money, I'd be there, so I highly recommend going if you can.

I went last year for the first time, just for one day (I was visiting my daughter who lives in Chicago) and had a great time.

But going to a pen show without money to spend is torture. I'll just stay home and enjoy the pens I already have this year.

Debbie

Chicago is the original pen show. One of the two-three largest by table count. Lots of vintage. Growing amount of modern. (bleep) (me) will be there five days. If you have not gone to pen show and believe you experience pendom via ebay and web boards... you truly don't know what you are missing.

Join us for beer n' cheese in the evening.

david

Which evening?

I was planning to be there just Saturday and Sunday, as I cannot get the time off work to go Thursday and Friday.

Count me in too. I'll probably make it Saturday for sure, possibly Sunday, maybe friday night too. Depends really.

Looking for the usual stuff, wierd esterbrook, hard rubber, etc.

My rule of thumb is to plan your budget, then multiply by 2.5x and that's how much money you take. :D I actually have direct deposit set up on my paycheck to go towards the Chicago pen show fund every year. :roller1:

If no other reason, go to meet the people. I often times think we go to a show to meet new people and the pens are a side result of that, not the other way around.

Brian

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

i was going to go to pick up a waterman overlay. however, i think i'm just going to stay home and order a nakaya online.

Your selection of waterman overlays will be quite good in Chicago. I was looking for a 452 last year, and there were plenty to choose from, not to mention all the other more expensive silver, GF, and Gold options and variations out there.

You could go to the show, look around, then if you don't find the pen you want, order the nakaya. :)

Brian

www.esterbrook.net All Esterbrook, All the Time.

catch up to me in the show room. Middle area. (bleep) Banner probably in front of table. We do hang out in evenings. Lots fun.

david