• Sinistral1

• HalloweenHJB

• Left FPN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow Onion, you certainly have me beat. Between my wife and I we have:

3 Carene Deluxe

1 Blue (M nib)

2 Black (F and M nib[which has a Binderized right-footed oblique])

1 Silver Plated (M nib)

1 Cobalt Blue Phileas (M nib)

Inkdesigner

Edited by inkdesigner

Take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly, and try another. But by all means, try something.

--Franklin D. Roosevelt

Ah, I don't have as many as I would like.

I own:

2 Phileas (M and F) -- Loaner pens for "can I try that"

1 Expert II, Med nib, copper finish

1 Liaison Orange Ebonite, M nib

I hope to own:

Carene Broad (maybe the Islands version)

Edson Broad, Ruby if that bank robbery is successful.

I'm very happy with my WM pens. The Liaison is almost always in rotation.

--Roy

The Carene Broad nib is a dream to write with. I use that for signatures all the time.

2 Kulturs with fine point

Maestro(also called 1900 I believe)

52 1/2v--small pen with great flex

Crusader with open nib (late 40's)

Taperite Stateleigh (late 40's)-fantasic nib

a black no-name model from 1943 or so-another wonderful nib

Skywriter-from Canada

an inexpensive school pen made in France

Very happy with each. I haven't had any higher-end modern Watermans though.

Only one in my stable right now: a grey marbled Phileas with a smooth fine nib.

TMann

Edited by TMann

I like vintage hard-rubber Watermans. The one I use most is a mottled red-black eyedropper #12 circa 1918 that I got from David Nishimura's site. It has a long, fine medium-flex nib. I like the shape of the pen, thin and elegant. I use World War II era Waterman's blue-black ink in it that I buy on eBay. I also have a huge#16 PSF, an early lever-filler with a No. 6 flex nib that is just a beautiful writer. I wish my handwriting were worthy of it. It writes superfine to medium-broad and even a scrawler like me can pretend to some elegance with it. You can draw a thick stroke and tail off to a hairline. It's nothing much to look at, a "user's pen," as they call it, but what a writer. Noodler's black is great with it, if you wait a good while for it to dry. It lays down a dense, wet line.

I also have a Waterman #14 POC eyedropper with a fine medium-flex nib that I fill with my mixture of Noodler's black and brown, trying to mimic the look of the Walker's Copperplate iron-gall ink that I sometimes use with a dip pen. And at the Washington Pen Show this August I bought from Joel Hamilton a wonderful #52 lever-filler with a flexible medium oblique nib. It's new old stock, with the original $2.75 price tag on it, and the nib has a real sharp snap to it on the page.

There's nothing like those old nibs, made in an age when people valued penmanship.

Now here's a forum I can really dip my nib into. Hmmm. :blink:

At last look I have:

A Sapphire Edson with a medium nib, and a green broad nib section that I'm now using.

Orange Liaison medium nb,

Purple Philieas

Green and clear Kultur demos.

A strange skinny Waterman with a gold medium nib and a funky corrugated finger rest.

A woodgrain 52

A 52 ringtop ripple

A 52 BHR

A lovely English W3

One purple Carene with a medium nib

One silver plated Meridian Carene with a Broad nib.

Oops forgot about my Black Emblem pen. A vintage beauty.

Yoiks also forgot about my lovely 94 red steel? set.

Taperite,

Ivory Charleston

:blush:

Hmmm, I think I'll spend some time looking at my collection :)9

In rotation Silver Carene, Liaison, and Edson.

IMHO the modern Watermans are incredible pens.

(not responsible for any content or spelling because of pain meds)

Karin

Edited by Karin

Fountain Pen Abundance

2 - C/F, one a "cheapie" and one a lovely GP Barleycorn with a to-die-for BB nib (thanks DWL!)

1 - Ideal No. 7, my grandfather's pen, with a Blue nib

1 - Ideal No. 12, RMHR, with an artist's nib (wet noodle XXXF)

2 - Ideal No. 12-1/2VS "Baby", one chased and one not

1 - Ideal No. 24, with a semiflex nib

1 - Ideal No. 45, a Frankenpen actually, very late with an earlier cap

7 - Ideal No. x52, assorted, featuring my pre-1923 452 and its BB factory stub

7 - Taperite, all kinds of interesting things

8 - X-Pen, one GF cap and seven Juniors, in assorted colors

I've played with lots of modern Watermans, just never had a strong inclination to own them (except for a green Philéas that got me going on vintage pens but is no longer mine).

Oh, and there's the 51V that I just won on the 'Bay. I haven't seen it yet, but it's mine for better or for worse. <_<

And I completely forgot my Lady Patricia until I looked at Elaine's posting below!

http://www.richardspens.com/images/collection/zoomed/ladypat_mossagate.jpg

(Edited to add 51V; edited again to ad Lady Patricia)

Edited by Richard

sig.jpg.2d63a57b2eed52a0310c0428310c3731.jpg

I've mentioned in another thread that Waterman pens from the first ~50 years of production comprises a large portion of my collection. A few of the bigger or key 'areas':

- 15-20 eyedroppers: 12's, 14's, a 16, several earlier models

- Most of the 5x models, in a variety of bhr, ripple, or woodgrain,

with a special fondness for the 51V and the 56V

- 2 Standard InkVue's

- 6 92's and 4 92V's

- 5 94's

- 10 Lady Patricians (3 are Ink vue models)

- 7's in Red ripple (red nib) and Emerald Ray

- Turquoise Patrician set, which is the prize of my collection

Best regards, greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

Two--- Phileas, a green and blue

"Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like nobody's watching." Satchel Paige, Baseball Hall of Fame Pitcher

I have a Hemisphere in the Red Marble Lacquer and an Ici Et La in khaki.

11/28/06 - Added a red Phileas and a blue Phileas.

Edited by fpweasle

Richard, I want to thank you for restoring that #16 pen I mentioned in my previous post. When I bought it, it lacked a pressure plate and was oxidized brown. You brought it back to the world of the living, along with half a dozen or so of my other early pens.

Let's see...

1 Carene

1 Expert

1 Expert II

2 Charlestons

4 Hemispheres

Like 'em all! :)

Edited by HyperCamper

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey."

- John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Pelikan M800 Green (18C-750 OM), Pelikan 4001 Königsblau

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 M), Diamine Monaco Red

Pelikan M200 "Citroenpers" (14C-585 F), Diamine Prussian Blue

1 unrestored Ideal 12 1/2 that belonged to my grandmother

1 restored Ideal 52 BCHR -Richard, thank you

1 restored British W5 - Richard, thank you

and 1 green Phileas

The working pens are all fun, and someday I will get the 12 1/2 restored for my daughter. It is a tiny, beautiful pen.

A strange skinny Waterman with a gold medium nib and a funky corrugated finger rest.

I have a green skinny Waterman as above but I don't know what it's called. Any ideas? I've just bought a Waterman Carene, marine amber, but I'm not allowed to use it until my birthday.

Edited by Moondrop

"We have only one thing to give up. Our dominion. We don't own the world. We're not kings yet. Not gods. Can we give that up? Too precious, all that control? Too tempting, being a god?"