All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. No. The two rings are internally connected by metal tabs, and the whole "two-ring assembly" is embedded in the cap resin, in a similar way as Montblanc caps are made. See for example https://thepelikansperch.com/2023/06/07/pelikan-m800-green-demonstrator-review/ for a discussion of the difference between the standard cap rings and the new "single" ring.
  3. I wonder why Lamy changed the gold sheen in the Dark Violet to green sheen? I appreciate they could no longer purchase one of the red dyes used for the original ink, which someone mentioned has been discontinued for safety reasons, but I doubt that changed the sheen?
  4. Bromio

Pelikan looking into the transparent barrel issue?

Couldn't the lower cap ring of the standard M800 and M1000 also come off or spin? If so, the new version is just a bigger ring. Then the change would be exclusively cosmetic.
  5. Maybe (just maybe) they aren't cheaper to manufacture, but for sure they are not as robust as the "embedded-in-the-resin" rings (anybody experienced cap rings in the M200 series coming off or spinning?). For me this is just a cost-cutting design solution, with a certain amount of "gaudiness" thrown in to please certain markets (just IMO, of course). That said, the marbled pattern is very nice, and a welcomed addition to the M1000 line.
  6. Btw for anyone else looking for refillable leather notebook covers, Aspinal's are great! They are a few mms bigger even, so an A5 slips in easily. A6 would be nice as well.... Pen Heaven also has nice refillable leather covers....
  7. The Pilot Bamboo are pens that Collectors seek I suppose that sales when it was available were not good and that was the reason for its short production time. I don't remember the market price but they were expensive for me, They produced one version in silver colour that I still look for.
  8. Now that's shocking news! Thank you so much for your reply and the pic. The refillable leather cover I mean has no rings and I should've included a link to the product from the start. Though I am certain an A5 notebook doesn't fit, going by the dimensions, by just a few mms.... Daft, stupid design and decision https://www.smythson.com/uk/nile-blue-evergreen-refillable-notebook-in-ludlow-1202898.html?cgid=337
  9. Today
  10. To me, it's the opposite. The lack of transparency affects practicality and usability, whereas the rings are cosmetic. Some people have also argued that the new rings aren't cheaper, it's on a thread here somewhere.
  11. strsljen

Fixing Pelikan pen

Hi, I do hope this will hold. It looks solid, a promising, I would say. As for future removal, I have no plans of removing it ever. If pen body gets so badly damaged, I reckon it would be less costly to buy a whole new barrel (https://mam.pelikan.com/mam/en/pelikan/products/804332), or even new M200. That is advantage of medium priced pens over expensive high-end ones. Related to this "shellac" thing, could you give me some link to exact product? It would be nice to have it here for future reference. Who knows when someone might need it. Thanks! Best regards, -- Mario. P.S The pen is in my pocket from now on, when not used, just in case. One can never know when some angry dwarf with disorder of yanking things could cross my path.
  12. Today's pen will be a Montblanc Carrera, 1970's orange plastic chic! Diamine's Ancient Copper ink.
  13. The transparency/opacity of the sleeve is, after all, a "cosmetic" issue. A real step back in quality is, in my opinion, the use of the "unified" cap and knob rings on the recent M800 green demo and on the soon-to-be released M1000 Reinassance Brown. These rings are simply glued (like in the cheaper M200 series) instead of being embedded in the resin (and they also look gaudy).
  14. See https://www.instagram.com/p/C54-tsfK9_U/?img_index=1. It seems like the cheaper, glued-on "unified" rings they used on the M800 green demo are used here, too.
  15. Beechwood

What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

Awfully high sounds very Downton Abbey. I need to up my game. But I agree, it does.
  16. USG

Pen/Ink/Paper Trios

I've been lax in taking photos... 10 Pens 10 Inks 1 paper : Cosmo Snow CLICK TO ENLARGE
  17. I-am-not-really-here

The Never-Ending Story In Three Word Segments...

full of crocodiles
  18. If that only generated two inks, then it seems the other thread under represented Noodler's. I'll start with some classics: Black Swan in Australian Roses Apache Sunset / Southwest Sunset Navajo Turquoise / Mesa Turquoise Air Corp Blue Black Golden Brown Kiowa Pecan / Pecan Revolution Blue There are many more that don't strike my brain at the moment, but Noodler's is indeed a great brand for shading (and one of your only options if, like me, you want shading plus water resistance). As for some mixes.... (Search the names here in the forum) Navajo Turquoise + 54th Mass + a touch of Black or Old Manhattan Blackest Black= "Black Swan in Icelandic Minty Bathwater" (a favorite recipe from the site) Private Reserve Plum + OMBB (or Black) = Old Private Blackest Plum (note: I am biased, because this is my mix)
  19. I have Conid branded and stock Bock Ti nibs. Both are soft and wet. Your Conid pens will probably be more comfortable with Conid nibs.
  20. I think the nip is stuck too deep.
  21. I searched inkswatch to see what came up as close in color to MB Emerald. There’s a few that are close, maybe De Atramentis Petrol. Here are the results of my query: MontBlanc Emerald alternatives
  22. Lam1

Pelikan M1000 Renaissance Brown

A M1000 is one of the very few models capable of making me wish another Pelikan. So it's tempting. But, they could have been a little more creative, couldn't they? And the new cap band looks so cheap. I'll have to think hard. If it is like the M800 Renaissance Brown, it is translucent and you can see the ink level with a light in the background.
  23. This model was called the Gold Relief. Late '50s or early '60s? I have one. It's a fun little pen.
  24. Penguincollector

Ink

Bottles and swatches
  25. thx1138

Parker 105 question

I've been using parker converters in my 105's since I got them. Never had any problems with the six or eight 105s in my collection. I do have a few spare sections, so if I break one I won't sob for too long.
  26. BamaAl

What Parkers Have Joined Your Collection Lately?

It’s the newer version. I got offered one of the early “premiums” for $186 the other day but that sounds awfully high to me.
  1. Load more activity