All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I couldn’t remember how to spell makrolon, so thank you for that.
  3. For me it's another Parker Vector. I ran across it last week and was watching it (I've bought from the seller before) and this morning I got a notice of an offer from the seller, for basically half off. So even with tax and shipping it's still cheaper than the original price of the pen. Not even sure what the nib width on it is but it was sort of an interesting color -- mostly white with swirls of blue here and there. Supposedly will get it in roughly a week or so. But had to send a note to the seller apologizing for the tardiness in paying -- PayPal was being really wonky today for some reason, and I had to end up putting the purchase on a credit credit card as a (hopefully) one-time occurrence.... Of course now I don't remember if I have any spare twist converters available for it, or will have to (temporarily) harvest one from another pen.... Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth
  4. Yeah, Makrolon. I like the look of the stainless one but the price is quite steep. I think the best of both worlds would be to buy a stainless cap and put it on my Makrolon 2K. I might do that some day.
  5. NoType

ID of MB pens

Top to bottom: Montblanc Meisterstück Solitaire Doué Silver Barley Classique 164 Ballpoint Pen Ident No. 105223 Montblanc Meisterstück Solitaire Doué Signum Classique 164 Ballpoint Pen Mod No. or Ident No. 8579* Montblanc Meisterstück Montblanc Diamond Classique 164 Ballpoint Pen Ident No. 105980 Montblanc Meisterstück Montblanc Diamond Homage to W. A. Mozart Rollerball Ident No. 106547 Montblanc Meisterstück 90 Years Solitaire Special Edition Classique 163 Rollerball Ident No. 111532 Montblanc Meisterstück Solitaire Doué Blue Hour Classique 163 Rollerball Ident No. 112894 (I would keep the MST 90 Yrs Sol SE RB 111532) ——— * Montblanc switched from highlighting the Model Number to highlighting the Identification Number sometime in the last eighteen to twenty years. I don’t know which number is “8579”.
  6. Carrau

Adding To The Flock

Of course, Pelikan may just be using up old materials to squeeze every drop out of supply inventory.
  7. inkstainedruth

Adding To The Flock

I was ecstatic when they came out with the M405 Stresemann. Because not only was it more affordable, but it's a better size for my hand. Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth
  8. I’ve never seen these very cool pens by Nahvalur. I particularly like that Classic Spring model with matching nib and hardware. Such a great color. It looks like Nahvalur’s answer to the TWSBI ALs. Please report back on how it writes, especially if you have a TWSBI to compare it to.
  9. RJS

My first stub nibs

I'd completely forgotten about that one! Looks pretty nice.
  10. Today
  11. strsljen

Pelikan pricing

I find prices nowdays just bizzare. I bought M200 in 2016 for 50ish euros. Now is over 100. Same pen, nothing revolutionary different (unless I missed something really significant). Mario.
  12. strsljen

Pelikan 200 series nibs

When I was buying mine, I considered F or M. Went for M and that one suits me just right. I like rich wet lines of ink when writing and no scratching feeling on paper. Mario.
  13. Congratulations @Surlyprof your long journey certainly helped you zero in on what you wanted. @Fo0zle congratulations on getting the Lamy 2000. Did you get the makralon version? That’s the one I have, with a B nib. It is a wet writer. Some day, I want to get that nib ground to a cursive italic or stub.
  14. This week I was using my Gama Eyas among other pens. I realized that although I love black matte ebonite and the historical feeling of indian Fountain pens with the classic eyedropper filling system, it might not be ideal for me. I've endured pens burping before and can live with it, but my Eyas sort of exploded with ink leaking out all over. It was a lovely blue ink, but I prefer my ink on the paper or in the pen. I imagine the pen was not full and I went from a warm to a cool place. Sigh. It was more frustrating as I was en route to a meeting, so I went with blue hands, and am happy it didn't stain my clothes or anything. Not a happy experience. I'm sure I'm not alone so I will share the good news from this was that I was able to verify that Lava soap (made with pumice!) indeed gets that pesky ink off those blue hands. It had been mentioned on a video by Fountain Pen Therapy, and I thought I would pass on the endorsement. Apparently it is a soap of choice by car mechanics as well.
  15. fpupulin

100th Anniversary editions

For those of you who already own the 149 The Origin, is the white imprinting on the cap engraved our just painted? Thank you in advance.
  16. Prof Drew

My first stub nibs

Thanks @Karmachanic, you are lucky to have your own local nib magician. I have to agree with everyone about the Prera being underrated. Never tried the Pilot Lucina.
  17. strsljen

Durability comparison: 120 vs M200

I had one 120 model in my elementary school and high school. I wish I knew where the heck I put it. 😕 Never had issues with it. Nowdays I use M200. No issues whatsoever (only one incident not worth mentioning, since it has nothing to do with the pen itself, but with abuse, and not my me). I would love to get one 120 model again, for the sake of good old days, though. Mario.
  18. I-am-not-really-here

The Never-Ending Story In Three Word Segments...

staffed by Archie
  19. Mercian

Adding To The Flock

That would be a Thing of Beauty 😊 But I would only buy one if it came with the barrel being translucent between its gorgeous brown-grey-orange-white cellulose acetate stripes! A bottle-fill-only pen that offers no way to tell how much ink is left in it is not one that I would pay ‘premium’ prices for! Have I ever mentioned that I’m a curmudgeonly and grumpy old git…? Or that I don’t like change; especially not when it makes things different? 😉
  20. Mercian

Lost art of letter writing

Ooh, don’t Get Me Started on the privatised ‘Royal’ Mail’s constant attempts to weasel/wheedle its way out of its contractually-specified obligations that its owners knew about when they bought-in to the company! 😠 I expect that it will not now be long before our government acquiesces to its repeatedly-bruited demands that it ‘should’ no longer ‘have to’ deliver 6 days a week by law. Its de facto refusal to honour that de jure obligation in rural areas is disgusting enough, and so are its oft-repeated price-hikes for stamps/postal charges. I also expect that, not long after that, it will ‘request’ - and be given - permission to change its business model; to one that, on top of the prices charged to senders, includes a system of charging those who live outwith our major cities additional sums (probably on a constantly-collected Direct Debit basis) in order to receive these ‘extra-cost’ deliveries. Including charging us for the unsolicited Junk Mail that forms the bulk of what they do deliver. ‘Paranoid’ you say? Or ‘Persecution Complex’? Moi?
  21. Penguincollector

What pen(s) are you using today?

Oh, here’s the glamour shot of the pen that I am using today, a Cross Century II in Translucent Blue with Chrome Trim. F nib, Cross Blue-Black cartridge. The watch is just for fun because it needs repair but it’s very pretty.
  22. Nethermark

Pilot Custom Stripe broken connector

Thanks for the information! I was already looking at those and wondering, whether the connectors were identical
  23. Penguincollector

What pen(s) are you using today?

I wonder if the plastic derived varies depending on lots, especially if one lot is made from vegetation that is stinkier than the next. It’s a neat idea, but in practice it’s best left in the compost pile.
  24. I just got one. The mechanics works flawlessly and it is one 5mm where I don't break the lead. Con: all plastic is unforgivable for the price.
  25. Penguincollector

Glamour Shots

Artistic pictures of fountain pens.
  26. Ordered feverishly 2 whites. One of each nib size. Unlike some I don't care about price. This is a clone of my grail pens. MB 139 and Hemingway.
  1. Load more activity