All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Buying your first fountain pen for many a year is not straightforward; many of the folks here are still searching for 'the' pen after many, many purchases. You've had some great advice and if I might add to the confusion, I would offer the following: Buy a couple of cheap Chinese pens - I have bought Jinhao and Kaigelu (the 316) pens and they write pretty well, especially for the price. It gives you the chance to try out fountain pens, to try different shapes and sizes, and keeps costs down whilst you experiment. There is a great deal of information on here about Jinhao in particular. Once you have a rough idea of the size and shape that you find comfortable, that may then help in choosing something which otherwise might prove an expensive mistake, or at least not exactly right for you. Whatever you choose, I hope it works out well.
  3. Surlyprof

What pen(s) are you using today?

Not sure yet. Lamy 2000 Medium vs Pilot Custom Enjyu Medium. Both filled with Noodler’s North African Violet. I can’t determine the wrong answer is here.
  4. @Dan Carmell The A1-3 crowd is happy to be reminded they can do nib variety with hopes those mythical M,B, and BB nib units one day make it out of QC.
  5. I can pre-order here locally for $856 if that helps. Gorgeous pen. I’m going to test drive a M1000 tomorrow. I love my M800 but M1000 may be a little big for my tastes. Same way I feel about 146/149. Even with the aforementioned Size 12 hands LOL.
  6. I-am-not-really-here

The Never-Ending Story In Three Word Segments...

, face to face,
  7. Cjtamu

Hello From Boston

Intended to say welcome from one newbie to another, but obviously not the case! So, welcome back.
  8. Cjtamu

Howdy from Coastal Texas

Thanks for the welcome. Pucipatas, saw your post a couple days ago. Appear to be several peeps here from TX. Getting to penable is one the best parts. My wife’s bday present has been sitting wrapped in the house for a month with a couple more weeks to go. She’s on pins and needles as intended ha ha ha. Recently gave my mother my wonderful Waverly nib Pilot 912. Long story involving her school days, nuns, and the banishing of peacock blue ink but it ended with a smile on her face a few weeks back. Gifting really is the best part. I can’t wait for Christmas!
  9. of somnambulists decided
  10. Today
  11. I woke up to a text that my Bungubox Norwegian Wood had shipped. Due to arrive Tuesday. Very excited!
  12. NoType

ID of MB pens

@penwarrior32I did not think about the different card suit on each edition of the Around the World in 80 Days. I had wondered if Montblanc would release three or four versions, as the first edition marks 18 days of the journey and the second edition celebrates 25 days, leaving 37 days still to be fêted. But considering that there are four suits of cards, the answer now seems obvious. Your goal to collect all four suits is appealing.
  13. I-am-not-really-here

The Never-Ending Story In Three Word Segments...

David Sterry's band
  14. Ceit

Hello From Boston

I have been missing for a while—lurking, as you might say. While lurking, my interest and collection have increased by a lot. I can't believe that it has been ten years already! My how times have changed. I have an eclectic range of fountain pens and inks. I look forward to getting to know the fourm again.
  15. Looking real good Smug! I have a bunch of Lamy fountain pens but don't think I have the Joy. I even ordered a kit from Australia from Barbara Nicol's company and it came with some sort of orange/rust colored Lamy with, I think, a italic or cursive nib. Yeah, that was crazy. I didn't need to do that because I already had two copies of her handwriting book but I did get some practice paper too. Lamy's write so slow and a bit scratchy for me, even on HP 32# paper. Thank you!!
  16. What it the MSRP on it? I am so worried that I will have to have this pen!
  17. PAKMAN

Howdy from Coastal Texas

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! So glad to have you as a member!!
  18. PAKMAN

Hello from Aus

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! So glad to have you as a member!!
  19. yazeh

Octopus Write and Draw - Grey Merkat

I decided to redo the chroma. I left it a bit longer than usual. There's no green, only blue, purple
  20. I've been using kolinsky sable brushes for drawing comic books for over 20 years and have just ordered the Kuretake no 50. In order of importance, I'd say that being truly black comes before being waterproof. I'd like to syringe fill the included cartridges and was wondering if the Zig Cartoonist (https://www.amazon.ca/Zig-Cartoonist-Highly-Opaque-Black/dp/B006MW7NE6?th=1) ink is the same as what's included in the box.
  21. Penguincollector

Post related

22. Penguincollector

IMG_0882.png

You are so welcome! The blurple leaning ones are my favorite.
  23. That’s more like it! May take a month or so to come down to near these prices, however.
  1. Load more activity