All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Jinhao 999 with Sailor blue black and Pelikan Twist with Iroshizuku kon - peki.
  3. Penguincollector

It's beautiful but what is it?

Is it the pen in this link? It looks similar. Maybe inspired by. Namiki chinkin cat
  4. This is the joint that seems to be loose. Does it just need to be pressed back in till it stops at the larger rib on the pen?
  5. Andy1883

What pen(s) are you using today?

A very reliable Parker Duofold Super 17, Diamine Oxford Blue.
  6. Susanna

Leonardo Photo Thread

When Leonardo released the Galattica, as expected, the blue one sold out in a few days. It's always like that with blue pens. But the pink one (Nana Rosa) is absolutely wonderful. Baby pink, fuchsia and salmon pink, mixed with gold powder.
  7. No writing of any kind.
  8. LizEF

EFNIR: Papier Plume Sazerac

I find myself having to wait until the kitties decide to take their afternoon deep snooze before I can record a video (otherwise they'll sit outside the door and yowl), so my reviews are likely to include more background noises going forward... I only had Oyster Grey, and then, technically, Karas Pen Co's Desert Varnish, until the recent giant gift from an FP geek. Now I have Midnight Blue and Ivy Green, but haven't tried them. Perhaps after doing so, I'll have a better feel for the brand. Right? I have another one about blaming others, perhaps I'll use it despite it not matching a scene... You're most welcome, and my apologies!
  9. LizEF

Whatever you do, don't drink the ink!
  10. Sailor Kenshin

New ink day! with commentary

@SLinkster, I LOVE your ink descriptions! 👏🏻 💝 😹
  11. Sailor Kenshin

Something's exploding and I hope it's not those Star Trek Evil Spores that turn you into a hippie. Groans aside, I had/have two of the comparison inks, the KWZ, and the A Patchy Sunset, which never ever dries. I have two or three Papier Plume inks, StreetcarGreen, and a couple others, and found them somewhat dry, but good shaders. And I can picture the Sazerac next to green, which would be lovely, like a field of marigolds. Fruits. Ouch, that one hits home. I'd much rather blame others for my misery! And I'm biting my nails! What will happen next? @LizEF, thanks so much for making Tuesdays bright….even if I'm forced to look at myself in a mirror. 🤣 @Mercian, let us know how the cocktail-speriment goes. 😸
  12. SLinkster

I got this pen today

New pens day courtesy of AliExpress. I picked up two each of the sharks and clear demonstrators. Duplicates are going to the local pen club's "pens for kids" project along with some pens already in that box. The rest are for my "Christmas is coming" box. The blue wancai mini and the traveling pencil are for me.
  13. Mercian

I had to look up the name ‘Sazerac’, because I did not know it, and it just had to refer to some person, or proprietary thing. I found out that it is the name of a particular American importer of Cognac/retailer of booze, and also the name of an old cocktail that was invented in NOLA. The cocktail’s recipe calls for Cognac, Rye/Bourbon whiskey, the Sazerac company’s Peychaud brand of anise/gentian bitters, and Absinthe. In short, it sounds as though a couple of glasses of it could anaesthetise an elephant. And therefore, in my capacity as a superannuated English roué, I find myself desirous of trying it 😁
  14. Today
  15. torstar

Montblanc at the Fountain Pen Hospital

MB has forever required a quota sale of its product to non-MB stores, fail to meet it and buh-bye sometimes over the last 20+ it seems like a more concerted purge, usually when you know a store owner kicked out and they complain, so it seems like a new and exciting thing in the world
  16. Mercian

Parker duofold signature edition

Yes, this! I note that the ‘Signature Limited Edition’ Duofold is not mentioned on Parker’s official websites. OK, so those websites are perhaps the worst-built official websites in the modern world (it is known) but they don’t even mention the ‘Signature’ Limited Edition ‘collection’. Would @agentbug mind letting us know where you found this photograph, and what the event was at which at it was taken?
  17. RJS

My first stub nibs

Thanks for that. The SU looks interesting. I looked at a few reviews (all positive!) and stumbled across this post, and found a blog on an official Pilot site mistakenly referring to the CM nib as a 1.0mm stub. 🤦‍♂️ https://pilotpen.com.au/blog/fountain-pen-nib-sizes
  18. SLinkster

New ink day! with commentary

This morning I made color cards for these inks and updated my inventory spreadsheet. At that point I realized I didn't have swatch cards for most of my samples, so I spent my morning off work correcting that oversight (while occasionally rotating laundry and cleaning the hard floors).
  19. LizEF

PapierPlumeSazerac.jpg

For this review:
  20. LizEF

PapierPlumeSazeracAP.jpg

For this review:
  21. LizEF

PapierPlumeSazeracLW.jpg

For this review:
  22. LizEF

PapierPlumeSazeracS.jpg

For this review:
  23. LizEF

PapierPlumeSazeracSmear.jpg

For this review:
  24. LizEF

PapierPlumeSazeracZ.jpg

For this review:
  25. LizEF

Extra Fine Nib Ink Review: Papier Plume Sazerac This is review #281 in my series. Here's the YouTube video: Post-recording notes: A yellowish orange ink with good shading (can even be high shading with all the variables right). A bit pale for long blocks of writing. I preferred it on cream paper. It looks gorgeous next to Pilot Mixable Colour Light-green (the remnants are still in my Prera CM). Cleaning was quick and easy. Zoomed in photo (Seems a little paler than reality. Shading is exaggerated a bit.) Screenshot (Text is a little too dark.) Scan of Completed Review (Very close. Shading may be a little exaggerated.) Absorbent Paper Close-up (top is puzzle paper like thick newsprint, bottom is old 20lb copy paper) (Both are fairly close.) Line width (The "I" in "Ink:". Magnification is 100x. The grid is 100x100µm. The scale is 330µm, with eleven divisions of 30µm each. The line width for this ink is roughly 320µm. With 281 inks measured, the average line width is 296µm.) Microscope image (100x. Was more bright / vibrant to my eyes. Nothing too exciting, just some spikes at the edge of the cover slip. The rest was solid orange.) Previous Review: Platinum Chou Kuro. Images also available on Instagram: @zilxodarap. Want to influence the inky sequence? Take the "next ink" poll. View a list of my inks, complete with review results in a google sheet. Need to catch up on The Adventures of Quin and Makhabesh? Find the whole story here. Hope you enjoy. Comments appreciated!
  1. Load more activity

• Topics

• Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More