All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. NoType

100th Anniversary editions

@TollWhat a wonderful holiday bonus! I doubt any specialty inks will be available by the time I am ready to purchase, to say nothing of a notebook (it does not even make an appearance on the US website), as per usual for my backwater location, so I am resigned to living vicariously through others. In furtherance of that, could I prevail upon you to furnish an ink sample of The Origin Collection Blue and Masters of Art Gustav Klimt Blue, when the opportunity arises? Enjoy your vacation and many thanks!
  3. Iroful Notebook with 80 sheets/160 pages. Would that be enough for you? https://www.jetpens.com/Sakae-TP-Iroful-Notebook-A5-White-Dot-Grid-160-Pages/pd/40314?gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw26KxBhBDEiwAu6KXt7TEYTVGBivPjLbVW5MQjqus8w8PxrJfTKobQ_X6KIBFrnpB4b-nYBoCCPcQAvD_BwE Sakae packages the current Sanzen-made TomoeRiver paper to make notebooks. Sakae also produces the IROFUL notebook - not sure who makes the actual Iroful paper (possibly Sanzen).
  4. Hurrah! I've booked my holiday to Lake Guarda - off in August to partake in the opera festival - Carmen. Now, there's two or three pen shops in Verona and I'm thinking - which pen/notebook to buy? I have more than enough Viscontis, so I don't need another one of those - so I'm thinking Aurora, Santini and maybe Montegrappa (have they solved their nib problem in 2024). Does anyon ehave any thoughts/suggesgtions?
  5. NoType

@marlinspikeThis seems important for long-term durability and makes one wonder if the lacquer is a newer, robuster formulation allowing Montblanc to eschew a clearcoat.
  6. Sakae TP owns the brand? I guess I assumed that they were just putting somebody else' paper into shrink wrap and selling it, as they did with Tomoe River, but that's really not much to base an assumption on. I have heard so much good stuff about this paper that I would like to try a notebook, but I prefer my notebooks to have more pages. If SakaeTP owns the brand then I guess they're my only choice for trying this paper.
  7. @JonSzanto wow, another gorgeous Moore pen. The clear grip is an interesting addition to the look.
  8. Yes I waited 5 years, but too be honest with you, it didn’t really seem like 5 years lol! I brought other writing instruments in the meantime to keep me occupied
  9. Toll

I am in Lisbon — on vacation — and the MB Boutique is across from my hotel. So, I had to drop by — glad I did — I was pleased they had all three colors of the Meisterstuck 100th Anniversary inks on hand — I bought a bottle of the blue, plus a bottle of the Klimt ink, and the 100th Anniversary notebook. The boutique I shop at in Washington, DC has not had any of these products yet. I hasten to note, the store, in Lisbon, was packed!
  10. Today
  11. clint1

Help identifying nib size

Sure, between the solid lines it's around 8 mm, and 4 mm between the solid and the dashed line.
  12. Welcome to FPN! With the pictures on penexchange.de and your comment "Looks a little more blue when it goes on the page but dries to something more grey, with a hint of blue", I have to wonder if you'd be open to an iron gall ink. Because it kinda sounds and looks like an IG anyhow.
  13. Thank you, Mercian! I agree that’s it’s similar to Pelikan jade (which I also happen to love). It’s actually not an uncommon color but because I am a little silly when it comes to inks, I ended up getting a bottle of it anyway! Incidentally, I just got a 10ml bottle of the new J herbin Metropolitan Green ink which is very similar In color—highly recommend—as well.
  14. Bo Bo Olson

paper from Germany

It is affordable for 3 reams of paper....... Will have to ask the oracle; ink or paper.....and the more I think about it, this might well be the much better deal. ...I didn't need those two inks anyway.....the start of my next world record dither campaign.
  15. Thank you for posting! I’ve been eagerly awaiting swatches of these colors. Agreed, the Carnelian is stunning!
  16. Mercian

It would help even more if you told us what the distance is between those guidelines on that paper. If the line-separation is 5mm, your nib would be one width, but if the line-separation is 10mm it’d be another width. So, how many mm is it from one of the solid lines to one of the dashed lines? Or how many mm between each pair of solid lines? Slàinte, M.
  17. clint1

Ah ok, didn't realize that. Attaching one now.
  18. Sheptonian

Parker Converter

The slimline converter was introduced around the time of the uber-thin Parker 180 (c.1975) IIRC. I suspect that the majority if not all of the Parker models that followed were designed around the slimline converter and its similarly skinny descendants. The Parker 35, Parker 50, Parker 85, Vector, Parker 88/Rialto, Arrow/Parker 95 all will not take the broader converters, for instance (I have just checked). The barrel of the c. 1983 Parker Premier is broad enough to accommodate the wider converter but I wouldn't like to try my luck and tighten everything up! The good news of course is that the narrower converters should be backwards-compatible thanks to Parker's forward-thinking many years ago.
  19. mixink

Guide To Disassemble Vintage Kaweco V12

I managed to clean my pen and get the piston to operate again thanks to these instructions. What a great source FPN is.
  20. marlinspike

Oh, it will definitely have the proper engraving, every special edition has had this as an option and you've always gotten the proper engraving (even buying a Petit Prince that was out of production for 3 years at the time I bought it had the benefit of the correct nib engraving on the swap, though it took longer than normal to get that), but I don't believe you would get your original nib back, just that the replacement nib will look the same visually.
  21. Ron Z

Parker 45 or 51

Same section, which is where most of the problems pop up. But they can be REALLY ugly. I mean really ugly. I've seen them.
  22. A green Sunderland Mk1 with an Ohto Ceramic C-310 1.0 blue-black refill.
  23. Mercian

Parker 45 or 51

Do you know anyone/anywhere that has one of those for sale? In my experience, they’re about as easy to find as a heartfelt, genuine apology from a politician 😉
  24. Not an uncommon style for 40s or so era celluloid. Here's a Moore in an interesting model, and they had the striated celluloid in silver/grey, brown, and a brown/copper mix.
  25. fpupulin

Thank you.
  1. Load more activity