All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Am waiting for the new Kaweco Sport Piston filler :-)
  3. Misfit

Little Rock Pen Show

@PAKMAN I recognize those notebooks. I got the Scandinavia version from philosophersguild.com along with the Paleontology version, and Alice in Wonderland. I have been ordering them for awhile, so I have the Canadian passport version too. I hope all who attended had a great time.
  4. I have a Truepoint on the way, as well as a couple of dozen Esterbrook 048 Falcon nibs.
  5. I’m waiting on a TWSBI Diamond Mini AL silver with 1.1mm stub nib. There will be three ink samples coming with it. I could use the sample of Kaweco Midnight Blue. Otherwise, I’m not sure yet what ink to put in it.
  6. A TWSBI Diamond Mini AL in silver with a 1.1mm stub nib. I’ve been thinking about that pen once I decided against the clear version, and the grape version. I liked a photo of lined paper reflecting on the silver grip. It’s now ordered using my Pen Chalet ink drop rewards.
  7. What a great looking pen! Very nice, have fun writing with it.
  8. A Smug Dill

What pen(s) are you using today?

There are at least two products which fits the description: the MUJI Polycarbonate fountain pen, and the Kokuyo Pernapep fountain pen. The latter has a lower retail price, at least in the Japanese domestic market. See for yourself, and I'm sure you'll recognise them for what they are: https://mujiaustralia.com/products/polycarbonate-fountain-pen-ink-cartridges-4-pack
  9. Mercian

Pelikan quality

This would depend on the exact wording of the contract for the ‘official’ distribution/repair service in the country in question. Without seeing that contract - which in the UK at least would be covered by the Official Secrets Act as a ‘Commercial Secret’ - we cannot say for certain what terms and conditions it specifies, and/or how it splits costs/responsibilities between the manufacturer and the repairer. One might expect that, for any repairs to pens that are still under warranty, Pelikan would contract to provide the repair-contract holder with all the necessary parts at no cost to the repairer. One might also expect that Pelikan would also agree to provide parts to the repairer for out-of-warranty repairs at a favourable price. But they wouldn’t have to. Indeed, one could imagine a situation in which the Executives employed by Pelikan chose to adopt a very aggressive attitude during contract negotiations, and told the repair company something such as ‘How dare you claim that we don’t make a high-quality product! Obviously the purchaser has broken the pen! You will undertake to buy all replacement parts at retail prices! To ask for anything else would be an insult to this company!’. If that were the case, one might also imagine that the repair company might then simply refuse to perform any repairs on out-of-warranty pens. But then, of course, that scenario is merely my own flight-of-fancy….
  10. columela

Stipula Etruria Photo Thread

Let me show you my first Stipula, the Etruria 991. Beautiful Celluloid and silver, the nib is also a joy to write with. Cheers
  11. Yes. Not as good a deal as yours, of course.
  12. RedPie

Little Rock Pen Show

Looks like a great time! Perfect!
  13. Stompie

What pens for what purpose and why.

I have a wide variety of pens inked at any one time but I am trying to cut down on that number. Depending on my mood is what makes my choice of pen to use be it in Journaling, note taking or writing letters. At hand I also have about 10 dip pens that I like to use, also, according to my mood. I find dip pens far more conducive to mellow moods when I am writing and of course inks are freely available in my study for them. Lately what I have been doing is taking note of inks I have not used for some time together with pens that have also not been in rotation. Once a month I try to ink up 5 pens, getting them out of storage boxes and then ink them up with inks that have not been used for a while. As my main stash of pens empties out, I clean them and put them away going more and more for the 5 newbies I then have in rotation with different inks. I am hoping to get down to only 5 in rotation at any one time but we will have to see how that works out. I might keep certain additional pens on the side for specific tasks, Ie. addressing envelopes or highlights in note takin so those would be like my Pilot Parallel pens.
  14. Shipped and sold by Amazon Germany?
  15. Today
  16. lapis

Chromatography of some Turquoise inks

Thanks! I've always been fascinated by chromology.... Turquoise seems (to me) to be a relatively "discrete/innocent" color as there is "practically" -- well, "almost" -- only one color to be seen... however slightly different they are. Many dyes are available with a bluish/indigo-ish hue. That can't be said for a lot of others, even black, where several different dyes can be unraveled.
  17. Carrau

Ultrasonic damage

I wonder if there may have been a surface defect that was enlarged gradually with repeated US treatments, and permitted cavitation bubbles generated to get under the surface of the barrel material, expanding to create the blister?
  18. Bo Bo Olson

Dip feed

An oblique nib holder .... for right handers....keeps a tine from dragging. Left handers don't have that problem.
  19. Today. A black Lamy CP1 with a fine nib and a 0.7 mechanical pencil to match. 🖤
  20. jchch1950

Is it Plum?

The prices of the Plum original 51 are too high. Now I'm waiting to find a good discount on the Parker 51 reissued to have the plum colour that I think is quite close to the original one.
  21. jchch1950

Another Safari for 2024

The The blue Lamy with the red clip of last year is different from the French Blue in the tone of the colour, it was the same as the regular edition. The French blue is lighter. I don't know if it was a special edition for an Asian country and resale in other countries.
  22. jchch1950

What pen(s) are you using today?

A Platinum Preppy in solid colour? Which cartridges it uses? Maybe this will be a new trend for the Preppy.😀
  1. Load more activity

• Topics

• Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More