All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Morning all, new here so hello! I bought a MB LeGrand fountain pen yesterday, from an authorised dealer. It was brand new stock. It doesn't have an ink window. I thought the window was a sort of permanent design feature on these. Since when did they stop having them?
  3. Ricky2011

Mentmore button fillers c.1934

Hi, Just added a few more mentmores. all these mentmores have the Mentmore made in England imprint. kind regards Rick
  4. Doc Dan

Lamy finial fell off

One drop of super glue. Finished. (That appears to be an AL Star, BTW)
  5. Maybe it's the beginning of a new line of special editions... I'd surely like to see a brown tortoise and/or a black tortoise in the M1000 size.
  6. AmandaW

Lamy finial fell off

Hmmm... ok, I did give the recipient an Al-star Petrol rollerball this last Christmas as well. The cap would be the same as a fountain oen?
  7. AmandaW

IMG_20240420_125843_462.jpg

A Lamy Al-Star
  8. Today
  9. siamackz

A Stylograph restoration thread

Well done!
  10. Anne-Sophie

IMG_20240420_125843_462.jpg

What pen is that, Amanda?
  11. Misfit

Diamine Dark Forest

Excellent review as always. I think the tree is reminding us how trees provide homes to birds and animals.
  12. A Smug Dill

Lamy finial fell off

Wait. I didn't think the Lamy Joy came in that colour; and doesn't the long barrel of the Lamy Joy taper off? The blue pen in your photo looks more like an AL-star to me.
  13. I recognize quite a few of those buildings and monuments. Very nicely done @penwarrior32
  14. AmandaW

Lamy finial fell off

I gave a Lamy Joy as a gift about a year ago. The recipient just sent this picture... Is this an easy user repair? Or do I get it back for something more involved?
  15. lokesh4730

Parker 45 or 51

I wish I got a 51 for that price and here are the pictures of the flightee so according to the website it was produced from 61-69
  16. I don't go to the reviews section often but I did this evening and saw fluegelfeder's review of the Kaweco Sport Piston. At first I thought it was a vintage one but quickly realized this is a new product. I checked with Cult, it's in stock so I ordered one. I guess that qualifies as impulsive.
  17. penwarrior32

What pen(s) are you using today?

Simple doodle sketches today with my pilot dip pen. Pilot inks.
  18. Thank you @Dan Carmell! I wistfully recall how the Rotring 600 FPs (with gold nibs), then (2009-10) sold in boxes of 12 were unaffordable for me even with the lowest black market prices. Think this was the one in silver. Thank you @Anne-Sophie! Have seen plastic blue, black and red variants. Not sure whether all of those came in Gold/Rose Gold and Silver clips
  19. I have two Jinhao 992s which are fairly new, and it seems that one of them needs a bit more pressure to write clearly than the other. I'm fairly new to fountain pens (These two are my first pens), and I would like some insights on any factor that could affect these. Maybe it's the nib? This issue replicates itself in other papers as well. SPECIFICATIONS: Both pens are Jinhao 992s with a fine nib. Paper used in the photo is the Canson Watercolor Paper, 200gsm (Packaging does not specify any further)
  20. Happy to see Pelikan release more special editions in large sizes. Feels like they have done lots in the M200-M600 sizes, along with 1-2 per year in M800, but this is a rare special M1000.
  21. 2ouvenir

Chinese character studies 中文字學

@RedPie Thanks... but awaiting your contribution! You don't need a Kuretake brush to get started, I use fountain pens for most of my Chinese writing and it is more than sufficient... I mean a lot of Chinese people just use a ballpoint or a pencil. If you want me to submit at a more frequent rate (I know in my OP I did say I was going to do one a day for at least 1000 characters but I think that was me being overly enthusiastic and ambitious at the start of projects; I'd have to do it, then also post it and all the associated things I'd have to do to post it), it would help if others, e.g. you, submit too! This is a judgment-free zone, so submit anything to get me, and others, more motivated. Poem thoughts: What do you think about when can't fall asleep? Original text: 靜夜思 牀前明月光 疑是地上霜 舉頭望明月 低頭思故鄉 李白
  22. I-am-not-really-here

The Never-Ending Story In Three Word Segments...

with British MI6
  1. Load more activity