All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Beechwood

Waterman (England) button fillers around 1950?

There were some short lived oddities around 1948-52 for Waterman, 515 and 511 etc these were button fillers but I didn't think that they had Champion on the barrel
  3. Olympus, made in Western Germany in 1954, OM series, 3/4. Like new. Fully refurb.
  4. Today
  5. "Fine Caterpillar Arc" urushi grip section has been developed. grip section for Urushi is designed in such way, urushi process is easier & urushi durability is better, compared to a regular grip section design. also, urushi grip section is thinner than a regular one. because, urushi layers will make the part thicker. even thread size is carefully considered for urushi process tolerance. I will be creating about 10+ different designs of grip sections for urushi. thank you. From Left: Short Hourglass Curvy Hourglass Vintage Taper Vintage Arc One-Piece Pipe Vintage Thick Caterpillar Arc Fine Caterpillar Arc
  6. bahnstormer

Parker extra fine ballpoint refills

I think these were discontinued about 20 years ago. I bought the last few at a reduction when they were cleared out of a store which would have been in the early 2000s
  7. RedPie

Do you have trusted sellers for MB pens?

Thank you @kik595. The FountainPenRecycler looks great. Always learning something new!
  8. Denisgsv

Lamy cartridge - alternative use

Thanks a lot to everyone a lot of interesting advice, im using a lot of kaweco's and they are small (sport Lilliput supra), BUT i could use supra with the addon and use a converter which could hold 1 ink cartridge's amount probably . Or getting the bottle seem amazing : I dont have many enough to be worth of a donation i think 5 or 6 packages so 30 cartridges , but i still dont wana start hoarding more ink i already have years and years worth of it. So before i buy more which i am trying NOT to do yet, i would like to use some of the ink i have basically.
  9. I used a Conklin Duragraph Abalone Nights with stub nib filled with Monteverde 2019 DC Super Show Teal ink.
  10. Lithium466

J Herbin Éclat de Saphir (cartridge)

After the boring bleu myosotis, that's more like it You didn't like writing with it, and after seeing your amazing sketches, I understand that better! Thank you for another excellent review! I admit I like EdS, flow and lubrication are good enough for Japanese EF ; it's kind of unsaturated straight out of the box, but give it a few days in a not-so-well sealing pen and it becomes a deeper blue/purple. Or you can skip the waiting part and just get Diamine Sapphire blue instead But then you loose all that snobby French charm... That said, I think it works well in broader, wetter nibs. It's as if they had Pelikan pens in head... I wish I had known that ink in my royal blue days, like Rotring Ultramarine, it could be a good contender for "the royal blue, elevated". Now that's a good suggestion to try! I see some use for Pelikan Edelstein Rose Quartz in my future.
  11. I have a Marshal Super de Luxe with INJECT PROP M-81 REG.PAT.NO487834 engraved on the barrel. It is a snorkel filler design I have never seen before. MARSHAL ELECTRA DESK- REG.PAT. OFFICE MASTER engraved on the nib. Writes beautifully but cannot find any information on this pen other than this thread. Has anyone found out any more?
  12. "Caterpillar Arc" urushi grip section has been developed. grip section for Urushi is designed in such way, urushi process is easier & urushi durability is better, compared to a regular grip section design. also, urushi grip section is thinner than a regular one. because, urushi layers will make the part thicker. even thread size is carefully considered for urushi process tolerance. I will be creating about 10+ different designs of grip sections for urushi. thank you. From Left: Short Hourglass Curvy Hourglass Vintage Taper Vintage Arc One-Piece Pipe Vintage Thick Caterpillar Arc
  13. Heinkle

Parker Duofold Centennial Photo Thread

My modest collection:
  14. I was testing 3 Turquoise inks, in 3 pens with the same #8 Jinhao nib. They look similar but upon enlargement, have different characteristics. Paper is Cosmo Snow Sailor Manyo Sumire : Glows Robert Oster Blue Water Ice: Outlines Private Reserve Naples: Sheens The results, comments & pics are in @Penguincollector's Trio thread ---> LINK
  15. I forgot to mention earlier that by far the majority of my P61 C/Cs are Newhaven pens. I wonder if place of manufacture had an impact on durability. The 61 Flighters in my collection are a USA Capillary fill Flighter and an English C/C Flighter deLuxe.
  16. USG

Pen/Ink/Paper Trios

Today's Trio: 3 Turquoise inks that look similar but have different characteristics. Paper is Cosmo Snow The nibs on all 3 pens are #8 Jinhaos Sailor Manyo Sumire : Glows Robert Oster Blue Water Ice: Outlines Private Reserve Naples: Sheens CLICK ALL PICS TO ENLARGE AND SEE FEATURES The Sailor ink is particularly interesting because it shades and has a reddish-purple glow that sorta looks like glitter but isn't. Sailor Konagi also demonstrates this glowing feature. The Robert Oster ink also shades but is an Outline ink. (cellphone camera didn't do the greatest job) The Private Reserve ink is a shader and a sheener.
  17. josepllcs

Barcelona Penshow 2024

Good morning, I have now received the list of exhibitors, which includes almost all of last year's exhibitors and many more additions. The details of the list, except for unexpected changes, are: Aladesk, Spain Alain Dbjay - Art of Pen, France Alessandro Polito, Italy Alfonso Mur, Spain Alfredo Recuero - Vymars, Spain André Mora - Mora Stylos, France Ariel Zuñiga, México Assoc. Estilogràfica de Barcelona, Spain Augusto Martelli, Italy Ayush Surana, India Central de la Estilográfica, Spain Christophe Couture, France Christophe Larquemin, France Cristina Guida - The Pen Family, Italy David Parisi, Germany Francesco Alfarano, Italy Francesco de Leo, Italy Giacomo Furlan, Italy Giuseppe Lo Giudice, Italy Hamelin Pelikan, Spain Inktraveler, Spain Julia Gusano - Trade Art, Spain Julio Alcón, Spain Kasia Stier - PenSpa , Germany Letizia Iacopini, Italy L-Ink, Spain Mª Eugenia Larrégola - Inksinspiration, Spain Marco Sebastian, Spain Merce Capell - Naikare, Spain Miguel Angel García - Antigua's, Spain Miroslav Tischler - Penkala.net, Croatia Osman Sümer, Germany Otto Hutt, Portugal Paco Cruz - Cruzaltpens, Spain Patrick Guidici, France Pepe Cruces, Spain Ray Walters, United Kingdom Samai Pens, Italy Shabbir Solanki, United Kingdom Teo y Toni - T&T reparaciones, Spain Toru Yamazaki, Japan Ulpia Estilográficas, Spain Ulrrich Krüner, Germany The distribution of exhibitors by country is: Value Count Percent Spain 18 41.86% France 5 11.63% Italy 9 20.93% México 1 2.33% India 1 2.33% Germany 4 9.30% Croatia 1 2.33% Portugal 1 2.33% UK 2 4.65% Japan 1 2.33% Now we just have to wait for the day to arrive to see what material the exhibitors bring. Regards, Josep
  18. AceNinja

Sailor has a new pen: TUZU!

Normally we would tend to submerge the nib completely pass the section a little bit, to ensure good fill. For this TUZU, if you submerge it too much till it reach the rotating grip area, i would imagine the ink will capillary itself into the space between the outer section and the inner section, would've been a inky mess! Maybe that's why there's a fairly large distance between the nib-ending-at-section till the part where it actually rotates. Also, in the video it does have a picture showing submersion till the breather hole is sufficient for refilling.
  19. InesF

J Herbin Éclat de Saphir (cartridge)

Thank you, @yazeh, for the extensive review and for the adorable and entertaining drawings! While I could look at kitty in the bowl and at kitty engagement all day long , I had to scroll quickly when seeing kitty after the heavy rain 😱 But all that doesn't change my mind about not liking the colour of Éclat de Saphir. 🤷‍♀️ Trivia: You can make your own variation of Royal Blue by adding pink in small amounts to turquoise ink (use inks of at least somehow similar pH-value). The more pink you add the deeper the blue until it tilts over into a blurple. And, I think, that's how Éclat de Saphir is composed.
  20. My guess is that kanwrite is the OEM for many companies. For example click president has the same feed as kanwrite heritage, desire etc. I feel gama nibs are made by kanwrite. Ranga nibs too etc. When I see the nibs of kiko, epitome etc iam very much reminded of kW.
  21. InesF

Montblanc Lucky Orange

Thank you for going through with it and for sharing your excitement with us! As long as it isn't J.Herbin Orange Soleil, any orange ink can be turned into something useful ...
  22. kik595

100th Anniversary editions

I'd venture to say it'll depend on care, despite use - I collect antique arms and some well-used nickel pieces from the 1890s still have fine metalwork if they were taken care of. The flaky old toxic firearm nickel of Colt or S&W can't be more resilient than whatever process MB is using these days, I can't imagine. Just a dab of the right cleaner every now and then, I'd think. A very teensy drop of RenWax very lightly or similar, I'd venture at a guess. Or I'm just rationalizing because I actually quite enjoy the metal facets Could go either way!
  1. Load more activity