All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. namrehsnoom

EFNIR: Pilot Mixable Colour Light-green

Thanks for the review @LizEF - I need me some spring colour in my life at this time. Looks a nice yellow-green to me, but not special enough to put it on the wish list. On the other hand, this review makes me decide to put some green inks in my pens, and experience that spring feeling for myself.
  3. Using two Shaeffers today: 1) a blue, fine Tuckaway with Birmingham Locomotive ink 2) a black Saratoga with a medium Triumph nib with Organics studio Blue Crab ink being carried around in a new pen case I crocheted.
  4. Two weeks from now I should look and hope....thanks.
  5. Bo Bo Olson

Blue Pen Club- Show Me Your Blue Pens!

This didn't make it to this thread the last time in it's so dark blue it's almost black unless one looks hard. St. Dupont laque de Chine, dark blue. 18 K regular flex nib, F. The live auction hall was almost empty, pre telephone bidding, much less computer. Starting price was €20...so I was good to go, a steal. And I'd wanted a Dupont since I bought a counterfeit at the flea market (even before that) but $$$. Sitting right next to me, out of the 40 empty chairs, was a woman that 'kept bidding on My Pen!!!!' I got it for €90....her husband wanted it or she wanted to buy a present for him....grumble cubed. It really is a dark blue pen...navy.
  6. LizEF

EFNIR: Papier Plume Sazerac

Thank you, @lapis, for sharing your extended experience.
  7. Mercian

My first stub nibs

They can though be swapped onto an MR from a Prera, and so can the calligraphy nibs from the Pilot Plumix. If, of course, one can find any such ‘donor’ pens, and is comfortable with the idea of pulling out the pens’ feeds in order to swap their nibs.
  8. Karmachanic

My first stub nibs

Available as a custom grind from your local nib magician.
  9. Mr. Blackthorne

Asvine P36

I agree. Everyone should always flush a pen thoroughly before using it. I knew better and tried it anyway. What it was doing was about the worse I have seen from the hidden manufacturing gunk and it tricked me into considering and or entertaining the idea that something was wrong with the design. The issue with not flushing isn't specific to the stub, it was indeed having the same issue with the stock M. Needing to breathe the pen manually for the feed to catch up with the ink and air exchange is more frequent with a 1.5mm stub on every pen I've ever used. Before it was oversaturated to dry, after the flush I can keep it in the perfect and usable range by breathing it( doing a really small piston movement forward and back) when it gets a little to dry. It might start breaking in and not need much help, I was starting to see it randomly pick up on flow earlier. I am really really happy with this pen. It is excellent. The materials, fit and finish are all seriously impressive, not just for the price, but just impressive period. It's my favorite pen now by far. I like the section and I like the look. It's very fast and easy to fill and now it has my favorite nib on it. 10/10
  10. You are absolutely right. The Fireblue pens (I have a Supra Fireblue, which is basically the same pen) are made from stainless steel. It´s the same effect you see on the front part of motorcycle exhaust pipes. 😁
  11. Mercian

What pen(s) are you using today?

I have been futzing with a 14k gold ‘M’ nib on a Parker 45 today, to try to get the bugger to write. As such, I have got some Waterman ‘Havana’ (aka ‘Absolute Brown’) loaded into that pen. I’m not yet certain that I have futzed with the nib enough to get its flow to where I want it 😕 What doesn’t help is that, despite its great performance qualities, I only ever use this ink for such ‘testing’ exercises, which is because I dislike its colour. I should probably try to give the ink away, so that it can get some actual love.
  12. Mercian

Advice and Recommendation

Wouldn’t that be their hideous so-called “5th technology” carrier for a sealed-cartridge fibre-tip? The relatively-recently-launched fountain pen that they’ve named ‘Ingenuity’ is priced in the north-of-£200 range.
  13. Today
  14. Karmachanic

My first stub nibs

And not available on the MR pen linked to in section 2 of said post.
  15. hairlame

Aurora 98 Riserva Magica

Hi Tim, I have this pen too, and my understanding is that if the piston knob does not release, there may be an issue with the spring. There was an old thread here on this topic, but it looks like the photos have all been deleted, but I did find this: Are you able to unscrew the barrel to reveal the piston mechanism? On some versions, this can be done easily, but in some cases, the barrel threads may have been sealed and would need some gentle heating to release (mine appears to be sealed, but I haven't taken it apart since the pen is working). I'm not sure if the spring mechanism can be serviced, but if you're able to get the barrel unscrewed, it will be easier to see what is going wrong. Good luck, its a great pen when working! -h
  16. lapis

I use it a lot. I've always liked it. Sorta reminds me a bit of Apache Sunset but has more bite, is more etching.
  17. sketchstack

Stub O'Day Part Two

@dms525 Very nice. I've swapped nibs from the 743 onto my 823 which opens up a lot of options. However I simply don't care for Pilot's stubs. I can't find a clear reference at the moment but I thought that Pilot intends to create size 15 nibs in their new Signature style. Which is a stub-like experience from what I can tell. Again, I can't find definitive information right now but I could have sworn they're going to release it not only in the US but as part of the 823 lineup.
  18. As you probably know, with its latest Indigenous People (Sentinelesi), Delta restarted the very successful series that stopped when closed. In the meanwhile, they also discovered some pieces of old collections. They're brand new: just reassembled and tested one by one, equipped with their original nibs (not the Papuasi, that originally had a Fusion nib, no longer available). I posted some videos in YouTube and also reels in Fb. Maya in YouTube Papuasi in YouTube Here they are: AINU (2005): already sold out MAYA (2011) a few pieces still available: and PAPUASI (2015), still available both silver and golden trims. All them are available in Giardino Italiano
  19. SLinkster

I got this pen today

I feel like mine is something of a let-down visually, but I like it well enough. The various photos online that caught my attention are more vibrant, I think. I do have another (order a a gift for a friend who just up and ordered her own) that I'm carefully not looking at. I've inked one, that's the pen I'm keeping.
  20. LizEF

You're very welcome! Thank you!
  21. I'm seeing the Parker Ingenuity from $72 to $85; a great alternative is the Lamy Studio in brushed steel trim. The advantages are it writes well and consistently as it dries out much more slowly than other pens; there are other finishes but they usually have chrome at the section, which can be slippery and makes one grab it harder; the rubber section has not deteriorated for me after a few years. The nib is the same as on the cheaper Safari, but might go through better quality control, at least mine bought used have been smooth. It's also a good looking pen. Remember to get a converter. For a little more money and some patience you could find a Pelikan M205: Piston filler, screw cap, lighter, one of the most reliable pens.
  22. About Stipula Etruria Magnifica, Stipula recently changed it, and increased its price. Same look, but different filling system. My video in YouTube My reel in Fb
  23. Doug C

I got this pen today

Both your pen and Misfits are more colorful than mine.
  24. Doug C

I got this pen today

If you get one, can you post a pic?
  25. yazeh

My interior Tuesday alarm was doing a count down making me feel quite jittery Thanks for the review, story @LizEF. Now I can "relax" until next week wondering who is the "real" high wizard As for the ink I remember testing this ink but I'm not into oranges, mostly apples Looking forward to many other Tuesdays 🙏
  1. Load more activity