All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. NoType

ID of MB pens

@penwarrior32It was my pleasure. I, too, would choose the Montblanc Diamond BP 105980 as a second selection from your collection. All your grail fountain pens are desirable (I presume the Namiki Vermilion is the Emperor model), and I am partial to Montblanc, but if any on your list will be difficult to find later on, then perhaps that’s the pen with which one could begin. Best wishes on your grail pen quest.
  3. Mulrich

Fixing Pelikan pen

I often carry a ball point or rollerball with me on trips just in case someone tries to borrow a pen. I’m amazed the guy managed to pull it apart and equally unimpressed that he didn’t offer to pay for any repair or replacement. Mistakes happen but we need to take ownership for our own problems.
  4. I've already got my pre-order in. I don't think this trim ring design is necessarily gaudy. I would not prefer it on my green stripe M1000, but on this Renaissance Brown I think it is an improvement. As the wearer of size 12 gloves, I don't know what you guys mean about the M1000 being too big. The M800 is the absolute minimum that is big enough.
  5. Today
  6. fpupulin

100th Anniversary editions

Thank you for the information.
  7. marlinspike

Pelikan looking into the transparent barrel issue?

Here was the interview I was thinking of Appelboom Bites #34: Jana Jegella (Pelikan) gives a small hint for a new Pelikan release! (youtube.com) Now I wonder if the relatively brief run of opaque barrels will be go up in value when the translucent comes back lol. At 31:20 she mentions the need for a close look because of the feedback.
  8. marlinspike

Fixing Pelikan pen

Anderson pens sells clear and a more traditional amber shellac. I've only ever used amber and don't know if there is any downside to clear. Here's the link to clear because that's the tab I have open lol Anderson Pens Clear Sac Shellac (15ml Bottle) - Anderson Pens, Inc.
  9. DimitriDiak

100th Anniversary editions

Hi. All these MST 100 editions feature the original logo laser engraved on the cap, dating back to 1924. The engraving looks solid and feels smooth.
  10. Three Wing Sung 3003. I'm replacing the blue one I gave away (gotta encourage the slightest interest from someone who hasn't tried a fountain pen... right?) and two more so I will have all the colours. 💙 💚 ♥️ I already have the orange and black.
  11. zombies from "Thriller" Thriller (YouTube)
  12. penwarrior32

Calling all Travelers Notebook users

@Misfit looking forward to see how you will put the kyoto insert to use.
  13. penwarrior32

What pen(s) are you using today?

Lovely watch for a lady with fine taste. Looks like a vintage Hamilton?
  14. penwarrior32

Howdy from Coastal Texas

Welcome to the rabbit hole. Cheers mate
  15. penwarrior32

ID of MB pens

Impressive!!! Thanks mate. I am thinking of keeping the 90yrs SE 111532 too. Perhaps also the diamond classique ballpoint 105980. Now to start to sell to fund my FP purchases of: Visconti HS bronze age, MB 149, pelican M100 Black/ green, Sailor KOP, namiki vermillion. Hmmmmmmm which one first?
  16. Penguincollector

Thank you! I found the ST Dupont Violet on inkswatch, this is what they deem close:
  17. villagers with torches,
  18. Penguincollector

Ink

Bottles and swatches
  19. I-am-not-really-here

The Never-Ending Story In Three Word Segments...

, vigilantes with pitchforks,
  20. pucipatas

Added 2 more pens to my inked stable. Kaweco sport double broad with Vinta Sirena and Jinhao Shark with FPR 1.0 and one of BPC ink-speriments. Does it count to refill an inked pen? Refilled my Lamy Safari Blackberry broad with Lamy Blackberry.
  21. pucipatas

Howdy from Coastal Texas

Howdy from a fellow Texan. It’s a blessing and a curse to share a hobby with family. My teen and I penable each other. It gets dangerous to the wallet. On the other hand, I’ll never go through all this ink alone.
  22. @Fo0zle I didn’t take it that way. I looked it up after your post. Should have done it before. 😉
  23. 2ouvenir

j1tters

24. Cjtamu

Howdy from Coastal Texas

Long story short version. Gifted my MIL a beautiful Monteverde fountain pen a couple of Christmases ago. My wife saw the Golden Beryl Pelikan M200 while we were buying the pen for her mother so I gifted that to her the same Xmas. That’s how I discovered what a joy a fountain pen is to write with, and this past Christmas my wife gifted me a Laban Formosa. Loved it, thought maybe we needed a few more. Anything both beautiful and functional is right up my alley. Remembered going into a great pen store in Houston a few times as a kid, recalled my father was their NCR rep. Ran a search for store in Houston and Dromgoole’s came up. That was it! Drove into Houston and down the rabbit hole we went. As with other things I collect I found I was drawn to older models. Found this site when researching a turn of this century Pelikan M400 with 2 chicks nib I purchased and again researching what I think is a circa 1970’s MB 146. Fantastic pens, both. Have certainly purchased more than our fair share of new pens as well, but there’s something satisfying about getting a great old tool and allowing it to continue writing its story. I’ve become a big fan of both Pilot and Pelikan but have others we love as well. Depending on perspective I’m either fortunate or cursed to have a wife who shares these hobbies with me. Fortunate from our perspective, cursed from that of our financial planners! Learned a ton from this site during previous research, seemed like a great group of folks, so here I am. Looking forward to learning more and contributing when I’m able.
  1. Load more activity