All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. yazeh

EFNIR: Noodler's Pasternak

Thanks! Good for art under UV light
  3. Penguincollector

Pens and nibs for italic to write this small?

My local store, Main Street Stamps and Stationery, has 3 packs of Plumixes left. They come 3 in a pack, italic medium. $22.95. Google the store name and call if interested, they mail order.
  4. I-am-not-really-here

The Never-Ending Story In Three Word Segments...

at the dumbwaiter
  5. inkstainedruth

Parker 51

Hah hah. @lokesh4730 -- It's just a shorthand for Esterbrook 9000 series nibs Esterbrook made interchangeable nib units in a range of widths and grades , from the 1000 series "student" grade nibs" (which just have tne tines folded over) to the 9000 series top line ones (which have good quality tipping on them). I've posted a link from an old thread from 2019 of a chart of the different nibs sizes and types. https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/344659-esterbrook-nib-chart-v20/ Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth ETA: Trying this again since things went wonky formatting-wise....
  6. LizEF

EFNIR: Noodler's Pasternak

I neglected to check or mention it, but this ink fluoresces under black light *very* well!
  7. IIRC, it was Sailor. People used to comment that the nibs were especially good because they were Sailor nibs.
  8. Hi Andrew. Congratulations on making fountain pens. They look very lovely. You’ve done a great job.
  9. Today
  10. Wow, you're right! Sorry about that, you have to admit calling a new model the same as an old model is... How to put gently... Not very bright? At that price level you do have Carènes which I enjoy but are finicky, Pelikan M405. Given Parker's poor track record with their modern pens (Sonnets that dry out in record time, 51 that have nothing to do with Vintage 51) I would not want be the guinea pig with any new Parker pen, plus it's a decent amount to get a professionally restored Vacumatic, for instance.
  11. lascosas

Stipula Etruria Magnifica Fountain Pens on Amazon

Susanna- Thank you for your video. The version Amazon has been selling for the last few months includes the o-ring. I have three of them, each purchased from Amazon for less than $100, each with an o-ring. I find it funny when the marketing department of companies have fancy names for old fashioned concepts. I would simply call this a 3-in-1 system: eyedropper, cartridge and converter. The reason I hesitate to use this as an eyedropper is that while there is no metal where the feed connects to the converter/cartridge, there is a metal band near the end of the body which extends into the cavity of the pen. Thus ink will sit on metal.
  12. Misfit

I got this pen today

And here I thought @SLinkster’s pen cap was neater than mine. Ha! The body on mine has enough color variation. @Doug C it might be a bit before I get a clip. I will try to remember to post a photo. I noticed in the reviews on amazon that most pens in the photos had clips.
  13. I-am-not-really-here

The Never-Ending Story In Three Word Segments...

into my glass
  14. I have a couple of Cross Solos. They're nice pens. The first one (Red, F nib) was from an estate sale of a friend of mine who had died suddenly, and (once I figured out which style converter to get for it) is a nice writer (and is a nice memento of my friend). Then I picked up a light blue one (B nib) a few years ago at OPS (when they still were at the old site). Keep hoping that someday I'll luck into a yellow one and a purple one (by the time I got back to the table where I got the blue Solo, it was the only one the guy had left). I remember reading somewhere that they were made for Cross in Japan but don't remember now if by Pilot or Sailor. Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth
  15. Mr. Blackthorne

Demonstrators

Here are some shots I snapped of my Asvine P36.
  16. My pen of the day is a Pilot Prera Iro-Ai with green ends, and a CM nib, filled with Levenger Always Greener.
  17. shalitha33

Old fountain pens

Old fountain pens with 3 barrels
  18. inkstainedruth

What pen(s) are you using today?

So far today it's been the Sheaffer Star Wars Pop R2-D2 pen, M nib, still with diluted vintage Skrip V-Black; and the Parker Vector Shrek Puss in Boots pen, M nib, newly refilled with Robert Oster Bishop to King (which, interestingly enough, has become fully purple in the bottle now -- when I first got the ink, it would go down cerulean blue and then color shift, and seemed to vary on how fast it would shift to purple depending on the paper...). Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth edited for typos
  19. yazeh

Octopus Write and Draw - Polar White Bear

Thanks a lot 🙏 Thanks! I'm seriously thinking of giving this ink another chance. Maybe I'lll do a redux, just to make sure
  20. inkstainedruth

EFNIR: Papier Plume Sazerac

Well, I guess that would be a no-brainer if you were to ever be a guest on The Late Show and doing "The Colbert Questionnaire"....
  21. yazeh

Colorverse Under the shade

A pleasure, I thought you'd be interested as you do often monochromatic art to show case different layers of the ink. It's quite fun. Some even fill the water brushes with different ratios of water/ ink ( I still haven't done that). I've realized one has to use pens with wet/ wide feeds to draw enough ink. I sometimes have to resort by putting the brush directly in the convertor (if the pen is dry) to achieve different gradients of colour
  22. dms525

Stub O'Day Part Two

I can confirm that Pilot is releasing a <S> (Signature) nib for the C823. My thread in the Japanese pen forum has photos of this nib. I have asked a Pilot vendor to have his nib technician evaluate it for me, if they get one in. David
  1. Load more activity