All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. RedPie

Adding To The Flock

You have a great collection right there. Lucky you. The Olivine is on my list as well. You got it for a great price! @mana
  3. The other three I had heard of....and Ottoman Azure had been on an antique ink list of mine....but it wasn't until last year the imported Noodlers became cheap enough to buy here in Germany. I wanted to make sure Navaho, Kiowa and Ottoman...shaded well. Twelve or more years ago, I was pretty much up to date with shading inks...having a few threads involving shading............but I discover I have been living behind the moon since then....with all the new good companies. I let buying pens and inkwells soak up ink money....and shudder at adding mailing costs to the price of ink....................cheap in all the wrong places.
  4. That looks very nice. I love it. The poem about spring and nature is so true. Amazing and powerful including all the colors, rain and wind.
  5. lobster

BHR section discoloration while flushing

Cotton swabs and a little water usually is enough for me, after removing the feed and nib (which can be soaked).
  6. penwarrior32

What pen(s) are you using today?

Thanks for the clarification. The ink flow is great for a vintage FP.
  7. penwarrior32

ID of MB pens

Yes. The barrel looks great with a vintage patina feel. Plan to collect the full card suits to complete my collection.
  8. Today
  9. NoType

ID of MB pens

@penwarrior32The Namiki Emperor Vermilion is a majestic fountain pen indeed. And the Montblanc Around the World in 80 Days II Doué Classique Fountain Pen (ident 128471) is perhaps the loveliest Classique Doué yet — it’s dégradé lacquer barrel is fascinating in person.
  10. Just to add to the thread - not ALL vintage Onotos need to have the plunger slightly unscrewed to work. The clue is the shapes of the plunger end inside the pen and the feed that it marries up to, older pens will have a conical end to the plunger and a corresponding dished end to the feed, and these need to be unscrewed (see attached ad). If the end of the plunger is flat then it doesn't need to be unscrewed, so if you're having flow issues, the problem is elsewhere.
  11. AmandaW

Hello from Aus

Waves from WA.
  12. penwarrior32

NPD: The King

One of my Grail pen. Can feel your joy based on what you have written with your new baby. Congrats. I am starting my own journey of the grail hun.
  13. 2ouvenir

j1tters

14. Duffy

Cursive improvement

I found this free course very helpful. https://consistentcursive.com/course/cursive/
  15. Bromio

Pelikan looking into the transparent barrel issue?

I have not purchased any opaque pen because of the opaqueness, but I could see one of them in person and I have to say that they are gorgeous. The contrast between the green stripes and the background black makes the former shine. However, in this specific case, the loss of functionality is too important and I still prefer the old, semi-transparent style.
  16. Caddington

Diamine Dark Forest

Looks like an excellent tool, but does have a few limitations. It lists Aurora Borealis as a blue, rather than a green (though I think it is much more green than blue) and you can only compare 'similar' colours. So you cannot compare AB to other greens, only to blues. . Also, it doesn't list Forest Green at all, so cannot compare that to anything. So I can't really use it for this comparison, but may do so for other inks. Thanks anyway.
  17. It is a Waterman Phileas. I see no reason why this pen could not be cleaned from old ink
  18. My baby is back home after a repair. Pair it with MB Le petit prince & aviator doue.
  19. A Smug Dill

Hello from Aus

Welcome to FPN, and hello from Sydney.
  20. OCArt

Hello from Aus

21. Sorry, I have no photos. The silver colour is a metal one but I can't remember which. The plastic series had black and blue at least. Maybe someone can share more information.
  1. Load more activity