What MBs are you using today?

Blade Runner

Changed my rotation completely today.

Took out my Christie and Cervantes. My Verne has kept its place.

I decided to ink my Fitzgerald with Mystery Black Ink. I bought this pen in its year of release and its the MB fountain pen I've owned the longest. Today however is the first time it has been inked. I will be taking the complete set with my to my parents at the weekend when I travel to be with them over the Xmas holiday.

The pen is a beauty to write with. A complete difference to Verne which is heavy. This pen is light but and requires no effort to write with it. Silky move flow on my Moleskine paper.

These are the only two pens I currently have inked. In the new year I want to buy some MB red ink. Once I have this I intend to ink my Woolf and Kakfa.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blade Runner

• Ghost Plane

• mejdrich

• Tom Aquinas

Ack! How can you stand to own these lovelies and not use them?! :yikes:

Rinsing the Poe and Mann. Can't make up my mind if I want the Shaw B nib next or back to the Carnegie OB. :hmm1: Haven't pulled out the Fitz in awhile, but I'm on a heavy metal kick at the moment.

Using a 136 with OB steel nib, with Iroshizuku Syo-ro ink :thumbup:

Best regards, Kai

Montblanc 13x, #20/25/30/40, 244/6 Green Marbled, 322 Azure Blue, 234 1/2 G/PL, 256, 220, 34.

Montblanc 144G Grey, 146G Green Striated, 146 Silver Barley, 149 (50s-00s).

Montblanc WE Christie, Imperial Dragon, Wilde, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Proust, Schiller, Verne, Mann, Twain. PoA Prince Regent, Morgan...

Visconti Pontevecchio LE, Metropolitan Gordian Knot, Ripples. Omas Paragon Royale Blue HT, Extra Lucens Black LE. Pilot Silvern. Pelikan 620 Shanghai, 800 Blue o Blue.

Modern 149 w/ 18K M nib filled with MB Burgundy Red :thumbup:

MB 149 YWC, MB Doue BP, Parker Sterling Silver Cisele BP & RB

146 sterling silver Solitaire, barleycorn, medium with Pelikan turquoise

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/IMG_6730.jpg

Edit to add: the paper is Crane's Celadon 32lb 100% cotton.

Edited by Blade Runner

A new old Montblanc 136 with a wonderful flex-springy medium nib which shows line variations from extra fine to broad. This was the first vintage Montblanc pen I have gotten for a long time but the most precise writing qualities reminded me how great those vintage Montblanc nibs are!

Currently the pen is filled with Sailor Nioi-Sumire (a lighter lavender tone blue ink from the spring collection).

The 136 seems to be a full celluloid postwar model with three blank cap bands, a stepped clip, sinlge tone (???) gold nib and a short, unengraved cap top.

Cheers

Michael

Congrats Michael! A few photos would be nice. :thumbup:

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn140/PENSnINKS/Montblanc/MB136.jpg

...filled today with Diamine Syrah to write a few Christmas cards.

Cheers

Michael

That is a great pen! Almost like a 138 with Sterling overlay :cloud9:

Michael

Thanks Michael. It is a great pen. I have discovered this week that I haven't been using my pens as often as I used to. So, I've decided to use a pen every day.

Very early this morning, i was using my rough little 134 to do some journal writing. Great little pen, especially after I switched over to using Pel Brilliant Black ink in it.

"Here was a man who had said, with his wan smile, that once he realized that he would never be a protagonist, he decided to become, instead, an intelligent spectator, for there was no point in writing without serious motivation." - Casaubon referring to Belbo, Foucault's Pendulum.

Intense high level meeting all day today :gaah: But got to use my Citrin Classique RB and 149 OBB pen to take notes :thumbup:

MB 149 YWC, MB Doue BP, Parker Sterling Silver Cisele BP & RB

MB Star Chrono (autowind) and MB Voltaire kugel Medium with MB Sepia

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/jelb/IMG_0065.jpg

I am a complete newbie to Mont Blanc pens, but have wanted one for years.

For a wedding present, my wonderful new wife bought me the Frederic Chopin Edition Meisterstuck, and I am over the moon.

The M nib may be a little wide for my preference, but I will persevere for a while.

I have no idea what these 146, 149 numbers are people are talking about, so could do with a little help in that area.......?

I also got bought a bottle of Mont Blanc Blue/Black ink, which seems quite nice, although I'm keen to try out some different ones after Christmas.

Is there anything else I should know to get me started?

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5090/5282763728_a546cfcec8.jpg

Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Frederic Chopin Edition by steve.rowlands, on Flickr

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5041/5282762274_14d3782763.jpg

Mont Blanc Meisterstuck Frederic Chopin Edition by steve.rowlands, on Flickr