LAMY PERSONA Fountain Pen

gicoteni

LAMY PERSONA Titanium fountain pen. Cartridge or converter filled; nib seems an M size. Perfect conditions, near mint; converter, box and papers. 180 USD shipment included. Paypal payment.

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee36/gicoteni/FPN/Lamy%20Persona/2.jpg

clickable for larger image thumbnails

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee36/gicoteni/FPN/Lamy%20Persona/th_3.jpg http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee36/gicoteni/FPN/Lamy%20Persona/th_4.jpg http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee36/gicoteni/FPN/Lamy%20Persona/th_5.jpg http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee36/gicoteni/FPN/Lamy%20Persona/th_1.jpg

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gicoteni

• MYU

• trailrnr

• dandelion

Nice price for this pen -- I've got a Persona and it's a beautiful writer, very well balanced. The cap clicks in place nicely when posting and capping. Also, you have the Lamy guarantee and nib swap advantage too. :)

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

What a lovely pen. I didn't know Lamy has such pens! I hope you find someone with the means to buy this beauty soon.

*****the dandelion blog is right here*****

*****the dandelion flickr is right here*****

PM sent.

just so y'all know, I bought a used persona and sent it in for a nib swap earlier this year--but was charged $155 for a new nib. no nib swap for OOP Persona.

PM sent.

just so y'all know, I bought a used persona and sent it in for a nib swap earlier this year--but was charged $155 for a new nib. no nib swap for OOP Persona.

That's funny. the LamyUSA site lists the price for a new nib as $100...

the Danitrio Fellowship

PM sent.

That's funny. the LamyUSA site lists the price for a new nib as $100...

Yeah, I know--$155 doesn't sound right to me at all, especially given the $100 MSRP on a replacement. If the pen is in mint condition, they're usually pretty good about swapping. Heck, I sent Lamy USA my circa early 1980's 2000 which had a nib issue. It was a M nib and I asked to have it switched to an OM nib, while they were at it. The only charge I had to pay was return shipping!

Edited by MYU

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

I fear those days are over, MYU. :(

I just sent in an EF 2000 for a nib swap. Pen was used, but not abused. I included a note that said the nib was scratchy and not doing it for me, and that I'd like to switch to an OM nib. I got a call from Bob as soon as he received it- he said that he can't do a swap on a used pen without charging me $50. $50 is the cost of the nib unit, making a swap the same price as my just ordering another nib unit from him. This was left to me as a VM last week. I've had a week from hell so I've not called him back, but I think I'm SOL- and I imagine everyone else will be from now on; perhaps they made some policy change?

I'm going to give him a call back tomorrow and ask if I can send in my newer F 2000 (little over a month old, used even less) and get the swap to OM. Definately not what I've read about Lamy service, even going against what critics of the 2000 like Biffybeans have said about their willingness to take care of such requests. At the very least, I expect a new EF nib, or for the EF nib it has already to be smoothed out some.

*sigh*

Aaron

WTB: Lamy 27 w/ OB/OBB nibs; Pelikan 100 B nib

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files