Capella Pen Set

Stani

I just found this "Capella" FP and BP pen set like always at a thrift store. The nib says "Iridium Point Germany". The pen says "Taiwan". Could find no info on the net. Anybody got any clues.

The FP writes quite nicely and they have a cool green marbled finish. I love these thrift store finds. :rolleyes:

......Stani :happyberet:

IMAGINE

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stani

• Freddy

• hazcat

• Dimitrios_P

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No clues here but I do like the colors. I know the nib is a commonly used nib on various types of pens. If you buy a pen kit you might see the same nib.

Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.

Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

US science fiction novelist & scholar (1920 - 1992)

There is probably no more terrible instant of enlightenment than the one in which you discover your father is a man--with human flesh.

Frank Herbert, Dune

US science fiction novelist (1920 - 1986)

My Pens on Flikr

No clues here but I do like the colors. I know the nib is a commonly used nib on various types of pens. If you buy a pen kit you might see the same nib.

Yeah I have a pen I bought from a guy at Toronto's "One Of A Kind Show" and it has a very similar if not to say the same sort of nib.

.......Stani :happyberet:

IMAGINE

I have a set of their silver plate overlay FP and RB bought new at an overstock place. Not bad performance for the price.

• 2 years later...

There are many Chinese pens with "Iridium Point Germany" on the nibs.

The Chinese are selling some astoundingly beautiful lacquers, aren't they? I love the finish on your pen, Stani.

Edited by hazcat

Don't you wish we could use our pens to write on the Fountain Pen Network Fora?

Never heard of it.

"Ignorance of all things is an evil neither terrible nor excessive, nor yet the greatest of all; but great cleverness and much learning, if they be accompanied by a bad training, are a much greater misfortune."

Plato (Greek philosopher 428-348 B.C.)

• 3 months later...

I have a Capella FP/RB/BP set that was given to me as a gift when I was about 8 or 9. It was actually my first fountain pen. So, I guess it is about 23 years old. It writes pretty nice. It didn't come with a converter, but I've recently added once since i've gotten into fountain pens and have all sizes of converters available. my only complaint about the pen is that it doesn't post securely. When it does post, it is very out of balance. But, i love the thing no matter what. It has a black barrel and a green and black marbled cap with gold trim.

WTT: Conklin Nozac Cursive Italic & Edison Beaumont Broad for Pelikan M1000 or Something Cool (PM me to discuss. It's part of my One Red Fountain Pen trading post)

WTB: 1. Camlin SD

2. 1950s to early 1960s 1st Gen MB 149 with BB nib

3. Airmail 90T Teal Swirl

4. PenBBS 355-16SF Demonstrator

• 8 months later...

I bought a Capella fountain pen via direct mail order (using a check!) in the very early 1990s. It was a cigar shaped pen, black laquer I think. It used international standard cartridges, and I paid extra for a 2 pack piston/screw type converters that were "MADE IN TAIWAN R.O.C.". It came with a handful of cartridges. I paid less than $20 for it. I think I sent the check to an address in New Jersey, and I remember (possibly not a trustworthy memory) that whatever paper came with it claimed the company was from New Jersey. I have never been able to find out any further information about them.

The pen had the same clip shape as the "Cosmic Writer" from the catalog page posted here; quite possibly it was the FP version of that pen, sans the "Cosmic" decoration. The cap shape looks about right.

I can't remember if I ordered them from a "back of the magazine" advertisement or a TV commercial, but I really think it was a late night TV spot. It was definitely one of the two.

It had cheap thin lacquer that started wearing through pretty quickly where the cap posted. I remember it writing pretty well right out of the package. It was my first FP that cost more than $10 USD. I used it a lot at work as well as at home for about a year, no more than two years I think.

Apparently I put it away without cleaning it well (possibly without cleaning it at all); in 1998 I pulled it out with the intention of using it again and found it was horribly corroded beyond repair; as long as the ink was contained in the part of the pen that was supposed to have ink, that shouldn't have happened (aka here I am disparaging the pens' materials).

I never did use the converters; I still have them.

I was wondering if anyone had one of these, or knew anything about them, and basically all I've found is this thread and one started by someone claiming to be from the company, but who never followed up.

Thanks for the catalog image!