Mont Blanc Racing Green

declanh

I did this scan a while ago but thought I would wait for Georges review to run for a while before posting this.

I quite like this ink and its not really dull in my opinion. Its the first ink i have tried in my Kaigelu #316 that flows really well

starts every time and does not skip.

Its a fairly sombre colour but I still like it. It looks green to me under most light and defintely has shading with this nib/paper combination.

Wetness : Medium

Nib Creep : None

Drying Time : excellent - prob around 10 seconds

Shading : Some evident

Feathering : None with this paper + nib combination

Overall I recommend this ink.

http://www.hisdancingleg.com/fp/mb_racinggreen.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• declanh

• JMX

• eric.zamir

• pmorin

Excellent review, and by far the best scan of this color I've seen to date. Seems like a hard one for the scanners to pick up.

Thanks for the review declanh. This is a subdued but elegant ink in my view. I will definitely be picking this up in the next couple of weeks.

By the way, what type of nib are you using?

Moravia

Want to Buy:

Vintage filigree overlay FPs

Thanks for the review declanh. This is a subdued but elegant ink in my view. I will definitely be picking this up in the next couple of weeks.

By the way, what type of nib are you using?

Moravia

Just the standard "medium" nib on the Kaigelu #316

waterproof?

No definitely not waterproof. I ran a sample under the tap for 1 minute and i would estimate that 80% of the ink washed away. But it was still readable afterwards.

Defintely not waterproof.

Did you let it fully dry first? From what I recall, I thought it offered pretty decent water-resistance (not Noodler's, mind you, but quite acceptable).

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."

Oscar Wilde

This is a very good scan that shows the color of this ink very accurately. I bought this ink not long ago and I love it! It has a calm and elegant personality.

Now I am using Racing Green with a Lamy Joy with a 1.5 nib. It is perfect for calligraphy. It flows very well and the shading provides that extra "touch." Thank you for the review. Gigi

waterproof?

No definitely not waterproof. I ran a sample under the tap for 1 minute and i would estimate that 80% of the ink washed away. But it was still readable afterwards.

Did you let it fully dry first? From what I recall, I thought it offered pretty decent water-resistance (not Noodler's, mind you, but quite acceptable).

I've also found it displays decent water resistance. And to think, just a few years ago, I laughed when I found water-resistance test results online ...

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8703/letterminizk9.png

waterproof?

Yep, I let it dry for over a week ! When i say 80% of the ink washed away I meant that 20% of the ink was left not 20% of the words. So the writing was still very readable. Post wash and dry I would say its more of a pale grey than a green, but perfectly readable.

Nice review. 'Elegant' is the word I would use to describe this ink too. Got to give MB their propers, this is a beautiful and well-behaved ink.

Edited by Jersey Diabolo

Good review and scan thanks. It definitely has an elegance about it.

It is an ink that I have been thinking of getting for a while and your review has helped to confirm that I should order a bottle.

From what I've seen, this ink gets more love than any other Montblanc product on the market. They certainly got the formula right :cloud9: They didn't do a bad job with the violet or bordeaux either. Somebody at MontyB is keeping his/her eye on the ball :clap1:

• 3 months later...
From what I've seen, this ink gets more love than any other Montblanc product on the market. They certainly got the formula right :cloud9: They didn't do a bad job with the violet or bordeaux either. Somebody at MontyB is keeping his/her eye on the ball :clap1:

I've had this ink for about 2 weeks now and it has certainly become my favorite. I used it in my Kaigelu #336 with the medium nib and the results were great. It goes on like a dark gray and changes to the "army" green as it dries. I was looking over some of the notes I took in class, and after a day or two of drying, the ink looks great. I have it in my Visconti (f) and in one of my ef Vista's. It looks best in the generous flowing medium nibs.

A wonderful ink for correspondence when just a touch of elegance is welcomed.

Let courage rise with danger, and strength to strength oppose.

There is no snooze button on a cat wanting breakfast.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

My definite fave to run in my MB Chopin with F nib.

But I am open to offers if someones thinks I should defect from MB inks :unsure:

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society"......Mark Twain

The more I look at this scan, the more it makes me want to try it. The only green I've tried has been Diamine Emerald, and I can't decide if I like that one or not.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Thank You for a wonderful review. Its also one of my favorites. I use it in my Racing Yellow Emotica.

The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning.

- Mark Twain in a Letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888