#1 calvin82

calvin82

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 04:30

Hi,

Im living in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Anyone from Malaysia know where is the best place to buy pens in Malaysia?

Thanks.

#2 penmanila

penmanila

Vacumaniac

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,631 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2008 - 05:56

sure--check out www.melpens.com. they offer some of the best prices around the region. i got my pelikan M1000 from them.
Check out my blog and my pens

#3 ssmui

ssmui

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:00

PenGallery at the Weld. They are occupying half of the fifth floor.

#4 calvin82

calvin82

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:42

Thanks for all the info, one day I must go to Weld to have a look...

#5 Gojira

Gojira

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2008 - 06:45

Ditto to PenGallery and Melpens. Both are excellent dealers with good prices.

#6 tt32003

tt32003

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:19

Where is the exact physical locations of PenGallery and Melpens in KL ?
Where is the Weld ?
In KL city central ?

#7 calvin82

calvin82

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:39

QUOTE (tt32003 @ Sep 3 2008, 05:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Where is the exact physical locations of PenGallery and Melpens in KL ?
Where is the Weld ?
In KL city central ?

If im not mistaken, Weld is located in KL city somewhere around Jalan Raja Chulan. But I hv never been there before.
Melpens is an online pen company. They sell various branded pens online.

#8 shahrincamille

shahrincamille

Hantu Penanggalan

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:41

PenGallery is situated in The Weld (Menara Weld), located in the so-called "Golden Triangle" of Kuala Lumpur, here smile.gif

MelPens is an online store, and does not have a B&M presence. They're located in Petaling Jaya.

Another pen store I would highly recommend is KS Gill, located at Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman directly across Tune Hotel, Maju Junction and the Medan Tuanku monorail station. They have one distinct advantage compared to the others mentioned - the presence of an in-store nibmeister who will not only adjust your new pen purchased from them to your exact specifications, but also perform repairs and adjustments on your existing ones thumbup.gif . They're also the oldest pen retailer in Malaysia, being around since WW2, but the last to have an online presence - very old school rolleyes.gif

*** NO AFFILIATION WHATSOEVER TO THE ABOVE-MENTIONED MALAYSIAN STORES, just a very satisfied customer ***

Shahrin cool.gif

Edited by shahrincamille, 03 September 2008 - 09:43.

#9 calvin82

calvin82

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:54

QUOTE (shahrincamille @ Sep 3 2008, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PenGallery is situated in The Weld (Menara Weld), located in the so-called "Golden Triangle" of Kuala Lumpur, here smile.gif

MelPens is an online store, and does not have a B&M presence. They're located in Petaling Jaya.

Another pen store I would highly recommend is KS Gill, located at Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman directly across Tune Hotel, Maju Junction and the Medan Tuanku monorail station. They have one distinct advantage compared to the others mentioned - the presence of an in-store nibmeister who will not only adjust your new pen purchased from them to your exact specifications, but also perform repairs and adjustments on your existing ones thumbup.gif . They're also the oldest pen retailer in Malaysia, being around since WW2, but the last to have an online presence - very old school rolleyes.gif

*** NO AFFILIATION WHATSOEVER TO THE ABOVE-MENTIONED MALAYSIAN STORES, just a very satisfied customer ***

Shahrin cool.gif

Thank you very much for your guide... thumbup.gif

#10 tt32003

tt32003

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 13:07

QUOTE (shahrincamille @ Sep 3 2008, 05:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shahrin cool.gif

Thanks.
How is the prices at Ksgills like ?

#11 Siv

Siv

Inky fingers

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,740 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 September 2008 - 04:16

MelPens is an internet only seller. Even though he's based in PJ he doesn't have a store. He has better prices than PenGallery.

PenGallery has a very nice shop in the Weld and the staff are really nice. You'll be lucky if you can get a better price than the internet price though (or at least luckier than me!). Make sure you check their internet price before you get in the store - as usual for a Malaysian store the listed prices are all MSRP and then they'll offer you their "standard" discount which will still have the price higher than the internet price.

You can get pens (Pelikan etc) in Isetan and other big department stores but don't expect a bargain.

If you want a MB then check out Hing's Watch in BSC or the new shopping mall that has replaced Jaya supermarket in PJ Section 14 (Jaya 33 or something). I have got good deals on a MB pen there.
Posted Image
Danitrio Fellow, Nakaya Nutter, Sailor Sailor (ret), Visconti Venerator, Montegrappa Molester (in training), ConwayStewart Champion & Diplomat #77