All the MB scented inks

Darius

These are all the MB scented inks that I know of. If you know of any I didn't include, please let me know about it, as I would like to try it.

For larger images of scans, click on the link below each image.

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge

Enlarge

These are all the inks on Elco Classic Verge paper, which is a heavy (100gm2) paper

Enlarge

and on Elco Record, which is a little better than the average office paper

Enlarge

and on inkjet printing paper

Enlarge

Water resistance test. The inks were left to dry for 2 hours, then the paper was put under running water.

Inks in the following order; Sakura, Je t'aime, Love You, Season's Greeting 2005, 2006, and 2007

Enlarge

The Sakura was all but gone. Both Love Letter inks completely disappeared. All three Season's Greeting inks left a legible line, but lost most of their colour.

I hope this was useful, and as I said; if anyone knows of any other MB scented ink that I didn't include, please let me know.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Darius

• Souldrifter

• PAKMAN

• Bulldozer

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very cool. Comparative reviews are so informative and useful for everyone, thank you for doing this. I am amazed that you've managed to get all of these inks, too!

QM2

Excellent review! Thanks for all the effort. Beau. Edited by hardyb

The Danitrio Fellowship

Very cool. Comparative reviews are so informative and useful for everyone, thank you for doing this. I am amazed that you've managed to get all of these inks, too!

QM2

I'm glad that you think it's useful. I've buying these inks as they were released. I had a hard time getting the Sakura ink, since it was exclusive to the Japanese market.

Excellent review! Thanks for all the effort. Beau.

You're welcome.

Darius you are the coolest person in the world..!!! :)

Thanks for the reviews.. I only have the scented ink of 2006 and my the color online does not do it justice its amazing.. deep rich dark red writes beautifully.

Darius you are the coolest person in the world..!!! :)

Thanks for the reviews.. I only have the scented ink of 2006 and my the color online does not do it justice its amazing.. deep rich dark red writes beautifully.

Thanks for the compliment. I know what you mean. All the inks look better in real life than on the scans.

Wow great review. I have the original Love letter red and Seasons greetings Cookies and spice. Does anyone know of a source for the Seasons greetings Cinnamon or Vanilla????

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Wow great review. I have the original Love letter red and Seasons greetings Cookies and spice. Does anyone know of a source for the Seasons greetings Cinnamon or Vanilla????

Thanks.

If you live in the States, then you can order online from the MB refill site. Also, many pen shops carry the inks.

Thanks! I found it. Montblanc Refill Shop https://refills.montblanc.com

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Thank you for the comprehensive reviews. After reading them (and looking at the bottles) I was tempted to get them.

Today I went down to the Montblanc boutique store and bought the 2005 and 2006 Season's Greetings, and the "Love You". I was disappointed when I learnt that they didn't have the 2007 one because the dark red looks so nice, it's my favourite colour out of the six in the reviews.

I wish I could lay my hands on a bottle of Sakura to match my Opera Club Cherry Blossom that I am going to order...:crybaby: If only I have known of it earlier...my father went to Japan TWICE last year...I doubt he'll be going there again any time soon...

I haven't used any scented inks before, I wonder if these ones are safe with vintage pens. I have yet to try the inks because I am still looking for a suitable pen. I think I really should get a glass dip pen.

Edited by FieryPhoenix

Discontent is the first step in the progress of a man or a nation. - Oscar Wilde

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

FieryPhoenix,

The inks are safe in modern pens, but I don't know about vintage. It's strange that the boutique has the older inks, but not the newer one. However, if you don't mind ordering from the US, a lot of the pen shops in there have some of these inks. The Sskura ink is quite difficult to obtain. I got it from a friend who travelled to Japan last year. It's a bit pricey though.

I noticed today that there is a problem with the image hosting site on which the full sized scans were loaded. So I uploaded them elsewhere. Here are the new links.

post-7892-1217620976_thumb.jpg

Enlarge

post-7892-1217621196_thumb.jpg

post-7892-1217620987_thumb.jpg

Enlarge

post-7892-1217621173_thumb.jpg

post-7892-1217620998_thumb.jpg

Enlarge

post-7892-1217621184_thumb.jpg

post-7892-1217621010_thumb.jpg

Enlarge

post-7892-1217621210_thumb.jpg

post-7892-1217621021_thumb.jpg

Enlarge

post-7892-1217621221_thumb.jpg

post-7892-1217621031_thumb.jpg

Enlarge

post-7892-1217621231_thumb.jpg

post-7892-1217621041_thumb.jpg

Enlarge

On Elco Classic Verge

post-7892-1217621056_thumb.jpg

Enlarge

On Elco Record

post-7892-1217621067_thumb.jpg

Enlarge

On generic ink-jet paper

post-7892-1217621077_thumb.jpg

Enlarge

Water resistance test

post-7892-1217621088_thumb.jpg

Enlarge

I had no idea MontBlanc made waterproof inks! That too scented?! Gosh, I need it now! Thanks a lot for the huge effort. :)

P.S.: Is it possible to purchase the Season's Greeting 2007 ink anymore?

Edited by Stanley Lyndon

I had no idea MontBlanc made waterproof inks! That too scented?! Gosh, I need it now! Thanks a lot for the huge effort. :)

Thanks for your kind words.

The Season's Greeting inks are water resistant, but they do loose a lot of their colour. So, they're not waterproof per se.

Darius,

As long as there is a readable remnant left, that is good enough for me. ;)

So, can the Season's Greetings 2007 still be purchased? If not, are there any scented inks that are at least partially waterproof?

If you are in the States, you can get all the Season's Greetings ink at the Montblanc Refill shop.

Darius, I must say I really love your handwriting... thank you for the reviews.

I am crossing my fingers and hoping that this year's Season's Greetings ink is "Garland Green" and smells like a [Winter Festival] Tree! :thumbup:

Darius,

As long as there is a readable remnant left, that is good enough for me. ;)

So, can the Season's Greetings 2007 still be purchased? If not, are there any scented inks that are at least partially waterproof?

Sorry Stanley, I didn't see the question on your previous post.

Reginleif is right, if you are in the US you could order them from the online Montblanc Refill Shop.

You could also check if the MB boutiques still have them. Another option is the pen stores.

If you are in the States, you can get all the Season's Greetings ink at the Montblanc Refill shop.

Darius, I must say I really love your handwriting... thank you for the reviews.

I am crossing my fingers and hoping that this year's Season's Greetings ink is "Garland Green" and smells like a [Winter Festival] Tree! :thumbup:

Reginleif, thank you for your copmliment. I also am awaiting this year's ink. It was a pleasant surprise that last year's wasn't brown again.

I forgot to mention something. Don't be mislead by the picture on the MB refill site for the Love Letter ink. They have the older one's picture, but the one they have in stock is the newer one.

Edited by Darius

I forgot to mention something. Don't be mislead by the picture on the MB refill site for the Love Letter ink. They have the older one's picture, but the one they have in stock is the newer one.

Dear Darius,

So many thanks for your comprehensive review!

Also - most important - this pointed out to me that there is a "new" 2008 version of the love letter ink I was not aware off.

I will check with my Montblanc boutique; I really hope it is available in Europe as well.

Also I'm impressed to see you owning the Japanese Special Edition. The one ink which is missing in my collection.

May I ask where you got yours from? Once in a while a bottle of this turns up on ebay for c. 60 US$ + shipping so I have passed those offers on so far...

Keep up the great work

Michael

Dear Darius,

So many thanks for your comprehensive review!

Also - most important - this pointed out to me that there is a "new" 2008 version of the love letter ink I was not aware off.

I will check with my Montblanc boutique; I really hope it is available in Europe as well.

Also I'm impressed to see you owning the Japanese Special Edition. The one ink which is missing in my collection.

May I ask where you got yours from? Once in a while a bottle of this turns up on ebay for c. 60 US$ + shipping so I have passed those offers on so far...

Keep up the great work

Michael

Thank you again for your compliments.

I know what you mean about the Sakura ink. I also saw these on eBay and hesitated. I even bid on one once and lost it, because my max. bid was US$30. But I was fortunate that a friend of mine, who also uses fountain pens, visited Japan on a business trip and came back with a few bottles and some cartridges of this ink. So, I got a bottle and a couple of cartridges from him. As far as I can remember, in Japan the price was equivilant to US$32 for the bottle and US$12 for the cartridges, but memory may have failed me here. I think the running price these days is US$68 for the bottle, and US$14 for a pack of cartridges.

Edited by Darius