What pen are you waiting for in the mail?

scratchy

Bexley Poseidon Magnum with a Binderized cursive italic...

"And gentlemen in England, now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day."

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sargetalon

• TeaHive

• 79spitfire

• RMN

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Two sterling silver pens. :D

A Columbus Extrema with a medium steel nib, and

A Grifos Nyloe "Verona" with a broad stub steel nib.

Can't wait! :D

I may not have been much help, but I DID bump your thread up to the top.

At present a '60s Osmoroid lever filler (not sure if it's a 65 or a 75 until I have a look at it in person) and one of those Jinhao Missile things that have been discussed on here recently as there were listings on ebay from somebody selling the things for three quid.

At present a '60s Osmoroid lever filler (not sure if it's a 65 or a 75 until I have a look at it in person) and one of those Jinhao Missile things that have been discussed on here recently as there were listings on ebay from somebody selling the things for three quid.

If it's a lever, it's a 65; the 75 was piston filled.

Does not always write loving messages.

Does not always foot up columns correctly.

Does not always sign big checks.

Graf von Faber Castell Classic Pernambuco - M nib.

The sword is mightier than the pen. However, swords are now obsolete whereas pens are not.

-Unknown

Jinhao Missile pocket pen and a Visconti travelling ink pot, which, while not a pen, is still pretty cool.

http://twitter.com/pawcelot

Vancouver Pen Club

Currently inked:

Montegrappa NeroUno Linea - J. Herbin Poussière de Lune //. Aurora Optima Demonstrator - Aurora Black // Varuna Rajan - Kaweco Green // TWSBI Vac 700R - Visconti Purple

If it's a lever, it's a 65; the 75 was piston filled.

Thanks. It's arrived and (as you say) it's a 65. The sac is still intact, but it'll need a lot more flushing before I can use it, sadly.

MB 136 Transitional from Norbert Otto :P

Vintage 1950s MB 146 from Juri :blush:

2 Esties :D

And hopefully I'll stop collecting FP for a while, my wallet is crying a river due to first 2 purchases. :(

Edited by bengine

An Esterbrook SM Deluxe in Burgundy, I have been waiting to come upon this pen for awhile, and just happen to see it on Ebay, definitely has a late 40's or 50's look to it in line with Art Deco that I just love!

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

Just paid for Dark Charcoal Grey J Esterbrook. (Thanks Tom)

Hear lot's of good comments on pens he sells. Looking forward to seeing it in person. :D :D

Current Pilot Stainless Steel Collection:

Pilot MU90 x2

Pilot MYU 701 x3

Pilot MYU 701 Black Stripe w/ matching Mechanical Pencil x2

Pilot 1977 Long Murex w/ Black Trim w/ matching Mechanical Pencil x2

Pilot 1978 Long Murex w/ Red Trim w/ matching Mechanical Pencil

Just paid for Dark Charcoal Grey J Esterbrook. (Thanks Tom)

Hear lot's of good comments on pens he sells. Looking forward to seeing it in person. :D :D

Not only are his pens excellent or better, but his service is top notch as well. I've purchased several pens from Tom and I continue to monitor his FS posts :D

I received a Jinhao Missile (Pocket) pen.... great little pen for the price. Metal (chrome plated brass I think), SMOOTH Fine nib, breather tube, good weight and nice balance (must be posted). I just redid the shellac seal on the sac though - mine looked like it only received a dab about 1/3 of the way around the sac. Leaked a bit of ink inside the filler mechanism, but not out of the pen - was easy to dissassemble, clean, and correct.

I would recommend filling with water first... I never got much beyond a couple drops of ink when I filled - should have flushed and fixed right away, but I used it until it ran out instead.

Looking forward to putting back into service as soon as that shellac dries :D

Edited by pmorin

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

- Douglas Adams

SnailBadge.jpg      PostcardBadge.jpg      InkExchange.jpg

Now another new pen starts a long flight - this one is an Oldwin (by Mora, France) in Jungle Green

Up for sale is an Oldwin, a pen manufactured in France by a family doing it for many years. This one is torpedo shaped and comes with a huge medium #7 Bock cursive italic nib courtesy of Richard Binder. The material is the same as the limited edition Sheaffer Balance of a few years back. This is lightly used and is a big, impressive pen at 157 mm long, with a 15 mm body diameter. A narrower section allows it to be held comfortably.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l122/agordee/DSC_0009-14.jpg

Each day is the start of the rest of your life!

Make it count!!!