Archivi Storici?

scogre

Hi Everybody!

I just got the Novelli newsletter in my E-Mail today, and one of the pens is an Aurora Archivi Storici.

http://novelli.it/regular/regularmod.asp?p...enna=2147462784

Is this just Aurora knocking off their old style 88? I have no problem with that - who better to knock-off their pens? I have been wanting a nice older 88 with the hooded nib for a long time. If this pen is a reasonable reproduction I would be interested! One is even a piston filler. Does anybody know any more about this pen? With my luck it has been around forever, and I have just been blissfully ignorant! :embarrassed_smile:

Scott.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dillo

• saintsimon

• diplomat

• tamburlaine

Hi,

I think that those are actually vintage pens :o But who can be sure? It's not on Aurora.it Get a bunch when you can, those are really good.

Dillon

Edited by Dillo

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

mmm, yes I think it is some sort of name for a vintage section of the Aurora catalogue, but can't tell if it is being named as such from Novelli or from Aurora itself.

Even though no one other brand has the same section in the Novelli site, I think this is done by Novelli. That would explain the strange number names!

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

Hmm, one pen makes me unsure:

http://www.novelli.it/images/penne/2147462787.jpg

Has there ever been a brushed 88P? I thought only late 98 FPs had brushed surfaces ... :unsure:

Hmm... it looks like a cross between the vintage 88 and the Lamy 2000. It would probably be a feasible alternative to the Lamy 2000 for those who like thinner nibs... I want one... piston fill and everything!

Someone should email Aurora or Novelli and ask about this line of pens. Perhaps I will sometime.

Edited by patrick1314

Publifhed According to the True Originall Copies

I sent an email to Mr. Novelli and received this reply (I enclose the original in italian since I see some member from Italy is interested in this post). He says that they are new pens made by Aurora with old parts. Aurora found in its "archivi" (warehouses) some vintage unused parts of old pens, they refurbished and assembled them and now the pens are for sale. Novelli calls them not copies, but the same old Aurora pens. He points out that the nib is 14 k gold, instead of 18 k, as wrongly written in his site......

What do you think about these pens? Are they new ones? Old ones? Fake replicas? Regards, Giuseppe

Sig. Giuseppe,

si tratta di penne nuove, mai usate, assemblate di recente dalla Aurora

e poi distribuite. In sostanza hanno ritrovato nei loro archivi una

serie di semilavorati dell'epoca mai utilizzati, li hanno lucidati e

assemblati per una rilancio. Non sono delle riproduzioni ma proprio le

stesse identiche penne di una volta. Il pennino è 14kt. e non 18 come

erroneamente indicato sul mio sito.

Resto a disposizione per ulteriori dettagli,

Cordiali saluti,

Marco

Novelli Pens and Pipes

Has there ever been a brushed 88P? I thought only late 98 FPs had brushed surfaces ... :unsure:

Hi,

That was the newer 88, one of the last ones

Dillon

Stolen: Aurora Optima Demonstrator Red ends Medium nib. Serial number 1216 and Aurora 98 Cartridge/Converter Black bark finish (Archivi Storici) with gold cap. Reward if found. Please contact me if you have seen these pens.

Please send vial orders and other messages to fpninkvials funny-round-mark-thing gmail strange-mark-thing com. My shop is open once again if you need help with your pen.

Will someone with the name of "Jay" who emailed me through the email system provide me an email address? There was no email address provided, so I can't write back.

Dillon

The are no fakes, as they are made by the original manufacturer with original parts. Actually a nice idea, instead of disposing of old stock releasing them decades later as the classics they were. A bit pricey though, kind of inflation taken into account, but still: :thumbup:

Hello,

take a look at the book "Fabulous Fountain Pens" by Maggi, Negretti, Nencini. On side 212 there s a picture of a brushed 88

Regards from Germany

Dirk

I search for all pens and informations made in Pforzheim, e.g. Sarastro, Fend

One of those brushed (or "matte") 88s were on sale this week:

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIt...W:IT&ih=003

item n°130164454812

and it went for a really reasonable price. They say it is an Aurora 88P, black resin matte effect.

<font face="Verdana"><b><font color="#2f4f4f">d</font></b><font color="#4b0082">iplo</font></font><br /><br /><a href='http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?showuser=6228' class='bbc_url' title=''><font face="Trebuchet MS"><br /><font size="4"><b><font color="#8b0000"><font color="#696969">Go</font> <font color="#006400">To</font> <font color="#a0522d">My</font> <font color="#4b0082">FPN</font> Profile!</font></b></font></font><br /></a>

Aesthetically speaking, that pen is speaking to me very loudly.

Looks like my next hunt is on. :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Alta Vista Babel translates the Italian, rather roughly, but enough to understand the context:

"Draft of new pens, never used, assembled of recent from the Dawn and then distributed. In short they have found again in theirs arches a series to you of semifinished of the age never uses you, they have it polishes them to you and it assembles you for one I throw again. They are not of the reproductions but just the same identical pens once. The pen-nib is 14kt. and 18 like erroneously not indicated on my situated."

Looks interesting enough to order one.