16 replies to this topic

#1 penguinmaster

penguinmaster

----------------------

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 16:43

Haven't seen or heard to much about this pen here, short of a few questions about it. I'll post a full review later, but just wanted to say I just received one and am extremely happy and content with the purchase. Feels really good in the hand, has a nice weight, and a nice juicy medium nib, definitely doesn't feel like the stiff as a nail normal Rotring nib.

Only major concern so far is that I don't have a converter that fits it. The normal Rotring one is too long. I have an aero one from Tryphon but it's just a hair to wide to fit in the mouth of the pen so tonight I'm going to try file it down. For now it's loaded with the cartridge it came with. Full Review and Pics when I get back from work!
My Site: Pens and Ink

Philip Hull Memories Scan

Looking for: ...

#2 Stephen-I-am

Stephen-I-am

Allergic to gold trim

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 16:57

I have one, and I find it to be just as you described. I think it's a tad more comfortable in the hand than an initial (though really I don't like pens that weigh as much as these). The cap is stationary when posted and the pen is upright, but upside down it would fall off.

Wet, juicy nib -- great for signing checks that come with a carbon copy sheet. I keep mine loaded with Noodlers nightshade (I refill an international cartridge).

Stephen
Current Favorite Inks
Noodlers La Reine Mauve Noodlers Walnut

#3 turbodiesel80@

turbodiesel80@

Alan

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2007 - 02:07

Funny that you guys are talking about this pen.....I just finished writing an email to Richard Binder about this pen......i did a search for it on FPN and this thread came up.

I love my Rotring but it skips....won't feed ink properly....and the converter that i got with it didn't work sad.gif I purchased a rotring converter from Montgomery Pens....I was told that it would fit this pen.......it didn't.......i cut off the end and it fits now........it dries up on me and i have to open it up, twist the converter and then it works fine.......i dunno what to do with this darn thing.....it feels really nice in my hands....and when i get it going it writes so beautifully........I write unposted....I love the finish/look of this pen....it looks like a cigar.....the weight bothered me at first but now i've gotten used to it....and actually find it quite comfortable to write with the few times it does work.

hopefully something can be done about this pen of mine.

#4 penguinmaster

penguinmaster

----------------------

• Member - Gold

• 2,179 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 02:40

Yeah for a Rotring it's odd that it doesn't use the converter. Also, the skipping part is now starting for me too. It's pretty annoying. I love the pen so far, short of that. I've just been filling an international cartridge as Stephen has been doing. If you hear anything from Richard let us know!!

#5 turbodiesel80@

turbodiesel80@

Alan

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2007 - 19:23

I got an email back from Richard. He's willing to look at the pen for me....i'm going to try to mail it out to him this week. I cleaned it out last nite....its sitting at home drying.

I never had a good run with this pen.....hopefully richard can change that for me.

Alan

#6 Aysedasi

Aysedasi

24 Heures du Mans and Oblique Addict

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,525 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 January 2008 - 19:46

I just wondered if Turbodiesel80@ had any more news about his Lissabon?

#7 turbodiesel80@

turbodiesel80@

Alan

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 January 2008 - 03:33

QUOTE(Aysedasi @ Jan 21 2008, 07:46 PM) View Post
I just wondered if Turbodiesel80@ had any more news about his Lissabon?

Got the pen back from Richard.....never inked or tested it...i sold it to raise funds for my Parker 51 Flighter.......I hope the new owner enjoys it.

Alan

#8 Aysedasi

Aysedasi

• Member - Gold

• 3,525 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2008 - 19:27

For those looking for a convertor for the (rather short barreled) Lissabon, the short push-pull convertor from ISellPens fits perfectly. Received it today together with a broad nib for my Mento. Thanks Todd smile.gif

Edited by Aysedasi, 04 February 2008 - 19:28.

#9 Splicer

Splicer

Graphic Designasaur

• Member - Gold

• 1,660 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 February 2008 - 23:15

The other odd thing about the Lissabon is the (presumably Chinese) IPG nib. I'd never seen a Rotring that didn't have a straight-up Rotring nib.

For anyone else suffering with the converter, there is something inside the barrel that catches and keeps the section from going all the way on, but if you wiggle it right and screw it down very gently but firmly, the standard converter should actually get past what is catching and fit.
Where are the pen shops in your neighborhood? Find out or tell us where they are at http://penshops.info/

Art and photo prints at http://smscotten.com/
Blog: http://splicer.com/

#10 turbodiesel80@

turbodiesel80@

Alan

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 June 2010 - 18:31

I sold this pen over 2 years ago...........biggest mistake ever......cost me $45 for the pen, $40 for richard to fix it and I sold it at a loss, I can't remember how much Posted Image ......never even inked or wrote with it when I got it back from Richard. I find myself searching for one every month or so.

stupid me

#11 penguinmaster

penguinmaster

----------------------

• Member - Gold

• 2,179 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 20:13

http://cgi.ebay.com/...d3#ht_627wt_913

What about here?? Pretty cheap actually!

#12 Ernie Wayne

Ernie Wayne

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 20:51

http://cgi.ebay.com/...d3#ht_627wt_913

What about here?? Pretty cheap actually!

Penquinmaster -- did the skipping go away? Nice looking pen, and as you say, good price.
Thanks,
John
Time will say nothing but I told you so.

#13 turbodiesel80@

turbodiesel80@

Alan

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 June 2010 - 21:12

Yeah, I saw that one....I think i'm going to have to translate that page before I jump in

#14 turbodiesel80@

turbodiesel80@

Alan

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 June 2010 - 21:31

You're right......that is pretty cheap for this pen......I grabbed one!!

Thanks for the post, totally appreciate it.

-Alan

#15 turbodiesel80@

turbodiesel80@

Alan

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 June 2010 - 21:34

worked out to approx $38 Canadian Dollars shipped if anyone is interested.......4 more left.

#16 Aysedasi

Aysedasi

• Member - Gold

• 3,525 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 October 2013 - 22:30

After selling my Lissabon over 5 years ago, I've just acquired another brand new one from the seller on Ebay Germany.  Such a great looking (and feeling) pen.  And the nib on this one is much nicer - and the pen writes much better - than the one I had originally.  I have it fitted with the short Monteverde converter which works fine.  Pleased.   :)

Edited by Aysedasi, 26 October 2013 - 22:31.

#17 Aysedasi

Aysedasi

• Member - Gold

• 3,525 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2014 - 18:48

Well I was......  Damn thing is so hard-starting and skips constantly.  Just like my first one did.......  :(