Fpn Inks, Second Round, Part Two

Admin

Dearest Ladies and Gentlemen Members of our Fountain Pen Nut House on the digital prairie :D,

fpn_1353683660__fpnink_gmb_bottle_front_s.jpg

We would like to inform you all that we still have a few bottles of FPN inks. However, due to shipping accidents outside of our control, and the increase in cost of packaging materials, we had to increase the price of our inks. The last 3 shipments cost us more for "reparation" shipments than any profits we made on a complete box of 144 bottles of ink.

The new pricing of these inks is

$20.50 for a 3 oz. (+/- 90 ml) bottle of Galileo Manuscript Brown each, which is a permanent, bulletproof ink, and

$13.50 for a 3 oz. (+/- 90 ml) bottle of Dumas Tulipe Noire.

$13.50 for a 3 oz. (+/- 90 ml) bottle of Van Gogh Starry Night Blue.

These new prices will be reflected on the Order forms and pro forma invoices, and we will still fulfill any older order forms sent to you after March 1, 2013.

Note that the ink order forms sent out prior to March 1, and which haven't been paid for as of today, will be put back in stock. Those who received order forms prior to March 1, and haven't paid these yet, will have to reorder, at the new prices. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we can't wait any longer.

Furthermore, from here onwards, any order forms which haven't been paid yet in full within a month of dispatching the order forms, will be considered not required anymore, and the inks will be removed from reserved status, and put back in stock.

fpn_1353683490__fpnink_gmb_label_t.jpg

fpn_1353683503__fpnink_dtn_label_t.jpg

fpn_1353683515__fpnink_vgsnb_label_t.jpg

The ordering procedure is very similar to what we used before, namely by sending a request by email. Click the following link and an email will be created automatically :D: FPN Ink Orders

This email helps us in easily separating ink orders from other questions.

So, how will the procedure work, you may ask?

1) Send in your request for inks, with an email, with an email, created as above, by clicking on this link or the one above: FPN Ink Orders

2) In the message body please do indicate how many bottles of ink you would like to receive, of FPN Galileo Manuscript Brown (GMB), and/or of FPN Dumas Tulipe Noire (DTN), and/or of FPN Van Gogh Starry Night Blue (VGSN)

Please do add full shipping information to speed up the process as much as possible, i.e., your shipping address in full. When you are finished adding the requested information, just send this email, and that's all for your order.

3) Next step will be that you will receive an order form, with order number, for the inks you want, including shipping & handling costs. We will ask you to check and verify all the details, and please do contact us if we need to make any changes.

4) Pay the order amount to our PayPal account, which will be listed on the order, referencing the Order Number in the message title of yoru PayPal Payment. Essentially, log in to PayPal, click on Send a Payment, fill in our PayPal account email address, the amount, and the order number in the space allowed for the title, and press the Send button.

5) Upon receipt of your payment you will receive a pro forma Invoice when we do our next processing run, which is proof of your payment, and that your order has been entered into the shipping queue.

Note: the separation of Order and Invoice steps is required due to bookkeeping requirements for tax and legal purposes of this totally manual proces.

6) We will do our utmost to ship your ink order on the first Saturday after payment, provided the order has been paid for on the Wednesday prior to the shipment date. We cannot guarantee this, however, as this is a volunteer undertaking, which happens to require a lot of time to do. However, as mentioned, we will do our utmost to get your order out on the Saturday after payment.

7) We will limit the number of shipments to one per week, because of time constraints.

Pricing of these inks is

$20.50 for a 3 oz. (+/- 90 ml) bottle of Galileo Manuscript Brown each, which is a permanent, bulletproof ink, and

$13.50 for a 3 oz. (+/- 90 ml) bottle of Dumas Tulipe Noire.

$13.50 for a 3 oz. (+/- 90 ml) bottle of Van Gogh Starry Night Blue.

4.5 oz. bottles are not available anymore.

We are considering the creation of new inks currently, as sales go well enough :).

Current Stocks Remaining (as per April, 21, 2013):

3 oz. bottles of FPN Galileo Manuscript Brown : ..... 29

3 oz. bottles of FPN Dumas Tulipe Noire : ................ 64

3 oz. bottles of FPN Van Gogh Starry Night Blue : ... 10

These numbers already exclude the ink bottles reserved for existing orders or shipments, which will be processed first.

Do note that all proceeds from these inks will go to support (hosting) of your favourite fountain pen website, and all work to get these inks to you is done by volunteers!

Anyway, enjoy your inks!

Warm regards,

The FPN Admin Team

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• RMN

• WOBentley

• rmullins

Top Posters In This Topic

FPN Inks part two :)

Many people requested us to supply them with shipping prices. As we have finally worked out how the new shipping costs are applied, we can now make it easier for you. You can actually calculate the shipping costs yourselves, and save some time too, by using the following steps.

Step 1)

Select International or US shipping and number of bottles from the table below, and remember the total estimated weight in oz. of the package.

fpn_1364273879__shipping-weightsv3.jpg

Step 2)

Start up the USPS postage calculator: http://postcalc.usps.com/

Step 3)

Select your destination (default is United States, but any country may be selected from the dropdown list provided)

Step 4)

In case US is selected, use 71901 for the "From ZIP Code" field, and your own ZIP code for the "To ZIP code" field.

In case a country other than US is selected, this step is not available (and not necessary).

Step 5)

Select a Shape, namely "Package" (click on the radio button in front of it).

Step 6)

The "Enter Weight" option appears now. Use the estimated oz. weight from the table above (step 1) by typing this in the "Ounces" field.

Step 7)

Now click on the "Continue" button. A new screen appears, called "International Postage Options" for destinations other than the US and "Domestic Services" for US destinations.

Step 8)

For "International Postage Options", click on "First-Class International Options". Select the "First-Class Package International Option" and the shipping cost of your selected ink order will appear undernath the table of options, under "Product Selected".

For "Domestic Services" click on "Priority Mail Options". Select "Priority Mail" (at the top of this list) and the shipping cost of your selected ink order will appear underneath the table of options, under "Product Selected", the "Post Office Price" option (once more automated, we may change this).

In case of Domestic Services, this is Priority Mail due to the boxes we get from USPS for domestic shipping, and First Class Mail for International Shipping, again due to the boxes we receive from USPS. These are the only shipping methods we offer, in order to save time and costs, and these have a good cost/service ratio. The shipping cost you obtain this way is the same shipping cost we calculate and add to our order, invoice and shipping forms.

HTH, warm regards,

the FPN Ink Team :)

Note: Updated weights table, March 26, 2013.

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

What invoice number are you up to (shipping, that is)?

"The Great Roe is a mythological beast with the head of a lion and the body of a lion, but not the same lion."

My Personal Blog | My Creative Writing Blog | My Heraldry Designs

http://dcroe05.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/crestdr.png?w=100

Just want to say THANKS!!!! I received my inks TODAY, less than two days after the most recent tracking codes were published.

They are so BEAUTIFUL!!!

~~~MadamePendemonia :P :clap1: :cloud9:

What invoice number are you up to (shipping, that is)?

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Admin. GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU for your very hard work and very long hours spent on this forum. THANK YOU VERY MUCH! :notworthy1: . Can we get an update on where you are in the sales/distribution of the FPN 2013 inks, after you get a breathe of coarse? I humbly want to find out where my request for the three inks is because I am prepared to pay but have not been sent a order form yet.

Again, thanks for your hard work and time it is MUCH APPRECIATED! :thumbup: .

Charlie

Charlie

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange_sm.png http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/PostcardExchange_sm.png

Hi Charlie,

Apologies, but that will have to wait a few days as we get back to normal again. I am sure I saw your email order, even started processing it, but can't remember at all what the status was before everything went a little pear shaped here.

We need a bit of a breather, indeed, if you don't mind too much, totally exhausted right now, but we absolutely haven't forgotten about you, or any of the other orders in the queue.

Warmest regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

That's all I needed to know :) . YES, YES, YES, you do need and muchl deserve a breather and DO NOT APOLOGIZE for it. This was a MAJOR UNDERTAKING for all of you. YOU WORKED SO HARD to get this network up and running in addition to maintaining it. THANK YOU and no worries about the ink for now IT CAN WAIT, seriously! Until then I will humbly await YOU and ALL THE AWESOME TEAMS RETURN :notworthy1: :notworthy1: :notworthy1: .

Charlie

Charlie

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange_sm.png http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/PostcardExchange_sm.png

after the fpn outage, I suffered withdrawal and work. I've pretty much made up my mind to put in an ink order.

I do wonder why you list the package size considering it's not used in the postal rate calculation, and also a bit why the USPS doesn't charge you the flat box rate. Is it because you get the generic white box instead of the Priority mail boxes?

• 3 weeks later...

I would love a bottle of the STarry Night, but I can't get the ordering link to work?

Thanks,

Heather

Sent email... No response...

MB JFK BB; 100th Anniversary M; Dumas M FP/BP/MP set; Fitzgerald M FP/BP/MP set; Jules Verne BB; Bernstein F; Shaw B; Schiller M; yellow gold/pearl Bohème Pirouette Lilas (custom MB-fitted EF); gold 744-N flexy OBB; 136 flexy OB; 236 flexy OBB; silver pinstripe Le Grand B; 149 F x2; 149 M; 147 F; 146 OB; 146 M; 146 F; 145P M; 162 RB

after the fpn outage, I suffered withdrawal and work. I've pretty much made up my mind to put in an ink order. I do wonder why you list the package size considering it's not used in the postal rate calculation, and also a bit why the USPS doesn't charge you the flat box rate. Is it because you get the generic white box instead of the Priority mail boxes?

We do get the priority mail boxes, which si why we only do priority mail shipping for the US. It makes life simpler.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Sent email... No response...

It'll come, not to worry. Just been way too busy trying to keep the server running properly and fixing broken things.

Hopefully the upcoming week, no messages are lost, that's for sure.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Do you have any Starry Night available? Also, does the Manuscript Brown stain demonstrators???

Thanks!!

Do you have any Starry Night available? Also, does the Manuscript Brown stain demonstrators???

Thanks!!

Probably no more Starry Night considering the orders we still have to process.

As to GMB staining demonstrators: IME all inks will stain demonstrators, and the higher the concentration of colourants, the stronger the effect will be. As to whether this is permanent, generally speaking: no it isn't, but often very hard to clean.

The only demonstrators which may get stained permanently by GMB is one made from celluloid, as the permanency of GMB is due to the reaction it has with cellulose.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

Probably no more Starry Night considering the orders we still have to process.

As to GMB staining demonstrators: IME all inks will stain demonstrators, and the higher the concentration of colourants, the stronger the effect will be. As to whether this is permanent, generally speaking: no it isn't, but often very hard to clean.

The only demonstrators which may get stained permanently by GMB is one made from celluloid, as the permanency of GMB is due to the reaction it has with cellulose.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Gotcha, thanks! Sorry for the follow-up, but do you think you'll get in another round of Starry Night eventually? That color really is killer. Thanks again!

We will do our utmost to get more Starry Night for sure.

It depends a bit on Nathan's availability, however, so we can't really promise exactly when we will have more.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

• 1 month later...

Hey there,

I had sent an email back at the beginning of May that never received a reply - I thought it'd be worth asking, but are there any bottles left/plans to do a 3rd run? Thanks.

I do realize quite a few people are still waiting for replies. Unfortunately, real life appears to have caught up with me, some family circumstances, and that combined with keeping FPN ticking over has curtailed time available to deal with other stuff quite drastically.

Currently doing taxes as well (quarterly), and once that is done, before the end of the month I assume, I hope to be available again to deal with the inks once more.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

I do realize quite a few people are still waiting for replies. Unfortunately, real life appears to have caught up with me, some family circumstances, and that combined with keeping FPN ticking over has curtailed time available to deal with other stuff quite drastically.

Currently doing taxes as well (quarterly), and once that is done, before the end of the month I assume, I hope to be available again to deal with the inks once more.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Good luck with that, Win. If you do offer the inks again, I, too, would be interested in placing one more order for each. They are all beautiful inks. The Galileo Manuscript Brown is nice but has some red in it. I'm hoping to see if it turns more "manuscript brown" ---as Galileo would be at home with. :-)

Currently using the GMB in a Nemosine Singularity Demonstrator as an eye-dropper. Never thought I'd like a clear/demonstrator pen, but this one is elegant rather than chintzy. It's also my first attempt at doing an eye-dropper and I like it!

If the FPN inks are too burdensome for the admins to handle, I wonder if it might be time to consider an arrangement that would provide for the inks to be transitioned to a retailer who could sell them and collect as part of the profits a portion of the money to be transmitted to FPN. If FPN makes $3 per bottle on the ink but can't really sell a lot of it at any given time, it is conceivable that a profit of $1.50 to FPN with a doubling of the sales volume would work out just as well due to the lack of stress on the admins.

<a href="Http://inkynibbles.com">Inky NIBbles, the ravings of a pen and ink addict.</a>