New Name for the Writing Instruments Forum

Admin

Dearest Members & Visitors to the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

As you may have noticed, lately the Writing Instruments forum was getting rather slow and bloated. We had a few discussions on how to move forward with it, amongst the admin and moderator team, but also in the Community Feedback forum, and we do think we have found a solution that will be beneficial to all.

So first of all, the new reincarnation of the old WI forum (link):

First Stop - Frequently Discussed Topics

Here we discuss any questions, experiences etc. about writing instruments which are not specifically brand related. Of course if it is a general question or discussion, but focuses on a specific brand or model, please do post in the relevant brand or regional focus forum.

Next there now is a new Regional Focus forum:

China & ROC: Writing Instruments from the Land of the Dragon Beyond The Great Wall

We guess it will be clear what pens are discussed in this brand new forum. Yes, TWSBI is one of them, but so is Hero, Jinhao, and the many other brands from this region.

Finally, we now have a forum for discussion of and questions regarding any brands which are not covered by the Brand or Regional interest forums:

Miscellaneous (Other) Brands forum

The brands discussed here are, amongst others, yes, Lamy! But other brands as wel of course :D.

As to moderators: we will make an announcement soon, but the moderators of the old WI forum will take on all three

forums for now.

Anyway, have fun!

Warm regards,

The FPN Admin Team

This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to [email="fpnadmin@gmail.com"]FPN Admin email[/email], or directly to [url="http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/user/17-wimg/"]admin Wim (wimg)[/url].

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wimg

• bluebunny

• Admin

• Brian C

Brand focus is great for very specific discussions but the general forum was more useful. The is a step in the wrong direction. Inky Thoughts is the forum that needs a kick in the pants.

Brand focus is great for very specific discussions but the general forum was more useful. The is a step in the wrong direction. Inky Thoughts is the forum that needs a kick in the pants.

The general forum is still there - just has a different name to describe the contents better.

Regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Chinese and taiwanese brands, particularly TWSBI, deserve that :thumbup:

Edited by fabrimedeiros

Finally, we now have a forum for [snip...] amongst others, yes, Lamy! But other brands as wel of course :D.

I don't believe what I've just read. I think I'm going to need to sit down.

:bunny01: :bunny01: :bunny01:

[

Finally, we now have a forum for discussion of and questions regarding any brands which are not covered by the Brand or Regional interest forums:

The brands discussed here are, amongst others, yes, Lamy! But other brands as wel of course :D.

The FPN Admin Team

This link isn't working for me & I'm not seeing this forum?

Edited by bluebunny

[

The FPN Admin Team

This link isn't working for me & I'm not seeing this forum?

Could you give it another try, please? I reset the Bronze member group to see if it makes a difference - your personal account seemed fine.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

Not everyone seems to like the changes, but I'm just happy to see that the moderators and admins are keeping a fatherly/motherly eye on the scribblings of us children and keeping it all working.

Thanks to all - it is appreciated by the community.

Edited by PDW

Could you give it another try, please? I reset the Bronze member group to see if it makes a difference - your personal account seemed fine.

HTH, warm regards, Wim

Thanks so much, that is working for me now!

:clap1: :clap1: :clap1:

:happycloud9:

Cathy L. Carter

Live. Love. Write.

I agree the rxpansion of regional brands is a good idea -- but I don't see the point in the change to WI

If my interest of the the day was in pens - I clicked on WI, If it was ink related i clicked on that forum -- now we wehave a mish mash

• 5 months later...