Iroshizuku Yu-Yake

mhphoto

Here's the first Iroshizuku ink I ever reviewed (it's been written for a while :rolleyes: ). It's a very interesting color, though I admit I was (and still am, as I've discovered this is a fairly common issue with Iro inks I've tried) disappointed that it bleeds out so bad on Rhodia. But it's still a good ink for non-flexed writing.

And I'd like to thank member Jared for providing this ink for the review! :thumbup:

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q712/FiveCatKnittery/IroshizukuYu-yaku1.jpg

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q712/FiveCatKnittery/IroshizukuYu-yaku2.jpg

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q712/FiveCatKnittery/IroshizukuYu-yaku3.jpg

On a side note, my reviews are going to look a little different for a while. The new computer is too new for my old scanner, so all new reviews (most of which are already written) will be photographed using sunlight and a custom white balance to better represent the true color of the inks. I'll also be going back and re-photographing some old reviews with inaccurate scans.

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bhavna

• 1962falcon

• amberleadavis

• terminal

This is a personal favorite ink...I love the color and have used it for journaling without trouble.

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

I adore Yu-yake (and also Fuyu-gaki, which is a slightly pinkish orange). Yu-yake doesn't shade as well as Apache Sunset, but it is a similar yellow-orange shade and it flows much better in my pens. I love it in a demonstrator, especially, as it is a vibrant translucent ink that sloshes around in a clear barrel so prettily.

Gorgeous review, and stunning colour, thank you! If only it was available in the UK!

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Mhphoto....Thanks for another stellar review..... Have not tried Yu-yaki but I am enjoying a sample of Fuyu-gaki. Interested in your remarks about bleed out on Rhodia, had not picked this up but will take a closer look.

Bhavna..... I spotted a while back that Yu-yake was being carried by The Writing Desk.... you have no excuses!

Best wishes, Falcon

This was my correspondence ink last fall. I like it pretty well though it's not my favorite by any means. What I enjoy about it is that if I load it in to even a medium sized stub pen it ends up looking like your noodler's flex example, which is fun.

As is the case with your sample here, in my sample book I find it very much like Apache Sunset. I believe Apache Sunset may even be more saturated. I guess the downside to that is I think, in the thinnest / fastest areas, Apache Sunset can get almost yellow. Maybe it's just me.

"One always looking for flaws leaves too little time for construction" ...

I like the color and how it shades. Thank you.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Bhavna..... I spotted a while back that Yu-yake was being carried by The Writing Desk.... you have no excuses!

Best wishes, Falcon

Falcon, thank you! I am loving Diamine's Pumpkin and Sunset at the moment - but it is great to know possible source locally!

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

• 1 month later...

looks like a close twin of the no more produced private reserve tangerine dream.

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

My favorite "sunset yellow." There are other high-shading oranges out there but this one is the most well-behaved in terms of flow, maintenance, and lack of sedimentation.

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives the test first, the lesson afterwards.

What a great color, looks blood orange to me; it also seems smack in the middle of the two oranges which I have and really enjoy, Edelstein Mandarin and J Herbin Orange Indien. Thank you for a great review!

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

I really do love this ink color. It's almost my favorite in this category (slightly edged out by CdA Saffron).