#1 Lorna Reed

Lorna Reed

Voluntary Verger

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:15

I was bidding on some Esties on ebay last night. I missed out on two of them by being outbid with seconds to go :crybaby: but was lucky on my third attempt. :clap1:
This is the one I managed to grab and it's now on its way to me. Hope it's a good'un and I hope members here got the other two!
[attachment=182009:$(KGrHqR,!q4FDm3rluK3BRDucoplSg~~60_57.jpg]
Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.
Philippians 4.8

#2 pandabirdy1

pandabirdy1

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:44

I was bidding on some Esties on ebay last night. I missed out on two of them by being outbid with seconds to go :crybaby: but was lucky on my third attempt. :clap1:
This is the one I managed to grab and it's now on its way to me. Hope it's a good'un and I hope members here got the other two!
[attachment=182009:$(KGrHqR,!q4FDm3rluK3BRDucoplSg~~60_57.jpg]

It looks very handsome! Posted Image
I'm also waiting on a blue estie from FPN, an SJ.
Do you know which nib is coming with the pen?

#3 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:08

I was wondering the same thing, mostly because I've focused my ebay scouring now more on finding certain nibs instead of just an Estie with any old nib. I don't want, for example, six pens all with the same nib (unless it's a nib I really like). Two or three is fine, but not much more than that.

NNSbadge.png

#4 Lorna Reed

Lorna Reed

Voluntary Verger

• Member - Gold

• 1,736 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:50

I was wondering the same thing, mostly because I've focused my ebay scouring now more on finding certain nibs instead of just an Estie with any old nib. I don't want, for example, six pens all with the same nib (unless it's a nib I really like). Two or three is fine, but not much more than that.

It's a 9461 fine nib. Haven't got one so I'm happy. :happyberet:
Whatever is true,whatever is noble,whatever is right,whatever is pure,whatever is lovely,whatever is admirable - if anything is excellent or praiseworthy - think about such things.
Philippians 4.8

#5 pajaro

pajaro

Amblin along like I had good sense.

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 13:26

The pen looks beautiful. Is it a J? The 9461 manifold fine is a nice strong fine. A nice one to have.
"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

#6 Lorna Reed

Lorna Reed

Voluntary Verger

• Member - Gold

• 1,736 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 14:17

The pen looks beautiful. Is it a J? The 9461 manifold fine is a nice strong fine. A nice one to have.

Yes - it is a J and has a new sac and J-bar.
Philippians 4.8

#7 Harlequin

Harlequin

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,791 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 19:16

Good deal all around then- restored pen and a new (to you) nib!

NNSbadge.png