174 replies to this topic

#1 Admin

Admin

The FPN Admin Team

• Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 23:22

Dearest Ladies and Gentlemen Members of our Fountain Pen Nut House on the digital prairie :D,

Posted Image

We would like to inform you all that we are processing our first round of FPN inks for this year, 2013.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The ordering procedure is very similar to what we used before, namely by sending a request by email to
FPN Ink Orders

Please put the words "FPN Ink Order" in the message header so we may easily separate ink orders from other questions.

So, how will the procedure work, you may ask?

1) Send in your request for inks, with an email, as above, to FPN Ink Orders with "FPN Ink Order" in the message header

2) In the message body please do indicate how many bottles of ink you would like to receive, of FPN Galileo Manuscript Brown (GMB), and/or of FPN Dumas Tulipe Noire (DTN), and/or of FPN Van Gogh Starry Night Blue (VGSN)

Please state your order as in the following example, so it's easy for us to read over quickly.

Example order:
(quantity - size - color)
1 - 3oz blue
2 - 3oz tulipe
1 - 3oz brown

Please add full shipping information to speed up the process as much as possible, i.e., your shipping address in full.

3) Next step will be that you will receive an order form, with order number, for the inks you want, including shipping & handling costs

4) Pay the order amount to our PayPal account, which will be forwarded to you with the order, referencing the Order Number in the message title

5) Upon receipt of your payment you will receive an Invoice, which is proof of your payment, and that your order has been entered into the shipping queue.

Note: the separation of Order and Invoice steps is new and is due to bookkeeping requirements for tax purposes.

6) We will do our utmost to ship your ink order on the first Saturday after payment, provided the order has been paid for on the Wednesday prior to the shipment date. We cannot guarantee this, however, as this is a volunteer undertaking, which happens to require a lot of time to do. However, as mentioned, we will do our utmost to get your order out on the Saturday after payment.

7) We will limit the number of shipments to one per week, because of time constraints.

Pricing of these inks is
$19.00 for a 3 oz. (+/- 90 ml) bottle of Galileo Manuscript Brown each, which is a permanent, bulletproof ink, and
$12.50 for a 3 oz. (+/- 90 ml) bottle of Dumas Tulipe Noire.
$12.50 for a 3 oz. (+/- 90 ml) bottle of Van Gogh Starry Night Blue.

4.5 oz. bottles are not available currently. If there is enough demand for larger bottles, we will try and reorder 4.5 oz. eyedropper bottles for all colours. Just let us know.
We may also consider creating new inks, provided the sales go well enough :).

Current Stocks Remaining (as per April, 9, 2013):
3 oz. bottles of FPN Galileo Manuscript Brown : ..... 22
3 oz. bottles of FPN Dumas Tulipe Noire : ................ 55
3 oz. bottles of FPN Van Gogh Starry Night Blue : ... 15

These numbers exclude the ink bottles reserved for orders or shipments, which will be processed first.

Do note that all proceeds from these inks will go to support (hosting) of your favourite fountain pen website, and all work to get these inks to you is done by volunteers!

Anyway, enjoy your inks!

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team
This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to FPN Admin email, or directly to admin Wim (wimg).

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

#2 Admin

Admin

The FPN Admin Team

• Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 475 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:14

FPN Inks part two :)

Many people requested us to supply them with shipping prices. As we have finally worked out how the new shipping costs are applied, we can now make it easier for you. You can actually calculate the shipping costs yourselves, and save some time too, by using the following steps.

Step 1)
Select International or US shipping and number of bottles from the table below, and remember the total estimated weight in oz. of the package.

Posted Image

Step 2)
Start up the USPS postage calculator:
http://postcalc.usps.com/

Step 3)
Select your destination (default is United States, but any country may be selected from the dropdown list provided)

Step 4)
In case US is selected, use 71901 for the "From ZIP Code" field, and your own ZIP code for the "To ZIP code" field.
In case a country other than US is selected, this step is not available (and not necessary).

Step 5)
Select a Shape, namely "Package" (click on the radio button in front of it).

Step 6)
The "Enter Weight" option appears now. Use the estimated oz. weight from the table above (step 1) by typing this in the "Ounces" field.

Step 7)
Now click on the "Continue" button. A new screen appears, called "International Postage Options" for destinations other than the US and "Domestic Services" for US destinations.

Step 8)
For "International Postage Options", click on "First-Class International Options". Select the "First-Class Package International Option" and the shipping cost of your selected ink order will appear undernath the table of options, under "Product Selected".

For "Domestic Services" click on "Priority Mail Options". Select "Priority Mail" (at the top of this list) and the shipping cost of your selected ink order will appear underneath the table of options, under "Product Selected", the "Post Office Price" option (once more automated, we may change this).

In case of Domestic Services, this is Priority Mail due to the boxes we get from USPS for domestic shipping, and First Class Mail for International Shipping, again due to the boxes we receive from USPS. These are the only shipping methods we offer, in order to save time and costs, and these have a good cost/service ratio. The shipping cost you obtain this way is the same shipping cost we calculate and add to our order, invoice and shipping forms.

HTH, warm regards,
the FPN Ink Team :)

Note: Updated weights table, March 26, 2013.
This account is unmanaged.
Please direct questions and comments to FPN Admin email, or directly to admin Wim (wimg).

Thank you very much in advance.

Warm regards,
The FPN Admin Team

#3 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:57

Do note that all proceeds from these inks will go to support (hosting) of your favourite fountain pen website, and all work to get these inks to you is done by volunteers!

:clap1: :clap1: YAY to the fabulous VOLUNTEERS!!!!!! :clap1: :clap1:

And.. I have to do nothing.. since I am in the back order crowd!!! :thumbup:

C.
**** KWZI Group Buy 2 - The Sequel... ****

**** Scriptus Toronto - A view from the Ink Sample Table...****

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#4 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• 1,441 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:18

Step 6)
The "Enter Weight" option appears now. Use the estimated oz. weight from the table above (step 1) by typing this in the "Ounces" field.

Do not make my mistake... make sure is in the "ounces" field and not in "pounds"... I almost had a heart attack... :doh:

C.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge." -Stephen Hawking,

#5 WOBentley

WOBentley

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:58

I am also a "backorder" person!
This post contains 100% recycled electrons
Posted Image

#6 loqutus

loqutus

What me worry?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:25

Should we? Shouldn't we? Should we? Shouldn't we?

we have so many inks already .....

gollum

But then we're not taking our own advice to others ...... not practicing what we're preaching .......

But we are new to FPN ..... we must be nice ......... must help donate .......

gollum gollum

TO BE CONTINUED ...........
Live Long and Prosper.

#7 swanjun

swanjun

(Not really a lamb.)

• Member - Gold

• 1,173 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:08

I should be in the back-/pre-order queue, too. Wim said he was adding me to the "system" on December 12th.

#8 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• 1,441 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:12

I AM IN.. I AM IN.... I GOT MY INVOICE!!!! HI HI HI HI !!!!! :lol:

Now I just need to wait for them to arrive.. :mellow:

C.

#9 wimg

wimg

Stip Etruria nut :)

• Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,876 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:32

Well, all backorders were processed - 97 order/payment forms were created, and 20 of those were sent out already.
We hope to send out the remainder tomorrow, although that may actually take a little longer.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#10 English John

English John

English John

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:22

Order received thanks. Funds sent
Many Thanks
John

#11 Mikeambergris

Mikeambergris

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 February 2013 - 20:42

Please, please, please send me an invoice!

#12 alc3261

alc3261

50 Something Callinebephile!!

• Member - Gold & Supporter

• 1,359 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:23

My invoice arrived!!

My Pen Wraps are for sale in my Etsy shop

#13 WOBentley

WOBentley

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,304 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:45

None for Me...but I know it's coming! :bunny01:

Edited by WOBentley, 10 February 2013 - 03:35.

Posted Image

#14 marie9999

marie9999

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 20:19

Invoice received and paid -

Thanks for all of your hard work supporting the website!

#15 redhairedwriter

redhairedwriter

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 February 2013 - 22:32

Ooh, I can't wait! I sent my email about two weeks ago so I'll wait patiently for everyone before me to have their orders filled.
'I dip my pen into the blackest ink, because I am not afraid of falling into my inkpot.' ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

#16 murfie

murfie

Left the building ...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:49

Wow ... top shelf service. Ordered yesterday, invoice received today and payment made. Looking forward to the ink's arrival.

Thanks to all involved for this excellent FPN service. Well done! :clap1:

#17 mhguda

mhguda

Vulpenfanaat

• 1,539 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:20

I sent my (back)order maybe five weeks ago, still no invoice... what's up? Is it so difficult to determine postage to Curaçao? I'm starting to worry...
a fountain pen is physics in action...

#18 murfie

murfie

Left the building ...

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:24

I sent my (back)order maybe five weeks ago, still no invoice... what's up? Is it so difficult to determine postage to Curaçao? I'm starting to worry...

Maybe worth checking if an email spam filter captured the invoice email? Most times that an email goes missing is down to this. Failing that I would send another email asking for confirmation of receipt as 5 weeks seems somewhat too long.

#19 DouginMS

DouginMS

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:26

I rec'd the dun a few minutes ago and the money is on it's way.
Order 1165
Thanks.
We may need to talk to the board to see about raising your salaries.
Doug________________________Dad's 1946 DuofoldMy 1964 45Parker Place VendomeParker Sonnet"Special" Hand turned Buffalo Horn FPand looking

#20 wimg

wimg

• Admin

• 18,876 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:27

You should have received your order and payment info within the last 4 hours or so. I know I did send yours out, together with another 80.

It is not difficult to determine what the postage to Curaçao is, not now we have worked out how to go about it after the changes USPS made. However, I can assure you that since it is all manually done, that it is a lot of work.

If you did not receive yours for whatever reason, and it is not in your junk mail folder, contact me backchannel please.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman
laugh a little, love a little, live a lot; laugh a lot, love a lot, live forever

#21 swanjun

swanjun

(Not really a lamb.)

• Member - Gold

• 1,173 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:52

Got and paid mine! Yay! :) Thanks, all involved.

#22 Mikeambergris

Mikeambergris

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:21

I have my invoice (yeah!) but the e-mail says PayPal account "fpninks@fpink.net" and the invoice gives "fpn@fpink.net". Which is correct or does it matter?

#23 Cyber6

Cyber6

Extremely AWESOME !!!

• Member - Gold

• 1,441 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:43

I have my invoice (yeah!) but the e-mail says PayPal account "fpninks@fpink.net" and the invoice gives "fpn@fpink.net". Which is correct or does it matter?

The one on the attached invoice is the correct one - not on the body of the email.

I made that mistake already.. :rolleyes:

C.

#24 Mikeambergris

Mikeambergris

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 13:32

The one on the attached invoice is the correct one - not on the body of the email.

I made that mistake already.. :rolleyes:

C.

Many thanks C, payment sorted and anxiety eased.

#25 WOBentley

WOBentley

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,304 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2013 - 21:57

Thanks, I had the same question!
Payment now made!

Edited by WOBentley, 11 February 2013 - 22:03.

Posted Image

#26 wimg

wimg

• Admin

• 18,876 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 00:44

Sorry for the mistake in the email regarding the paypal account. I guess that happens when one tries to do too many things for too long hours at a time which is really a little late even for me ;).

Temporarily, we have added the email address to the paypal account as well, just in case.

We are receiving lots of payments, so now we have a new backlog, which is processing the payments...

After processing all backorders last night, we wil start processing the payments tomorrow, hopefully a little earlier during the day.

Warmest regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman

#27 mhguda

mhguda

Vulpenfanaat

• 1,539 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:27

Got my invoice (1130) - finally!
Money's on its way... :cloud9: :notworthy1:
I won't ask...
a fountain pen is physics in action...

#28 Enoch_Root

Enoch_Root

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:06

Woo hoo. I'm new here and just stumbled across this FPN sale. This is too cool. Thanks!! :eureka:

#29 gbee

gbee

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:10

Woo hoo. I'm new here and just stumbled across this FPN sale. This is too cool. Thanks!! :eureka:

@Enoch_Root.... I know... I am very excited as well... These are going to be my first bottles of ink!

#30 wimg

wimg

• Admin

• 18,876 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:29

Quick update:

All payments in by about 8 PM local time (CET + 1) have been processed (70+, thanks for all that!), the first 20 invoices have been created, and the first batch of 20 has been put in the packaging and shipping queue. The invoices will be sent out tomorrow, but we thought we would get packaging going in the mean time.

Warm regards, Wim

the Mad Dutchman