Real Pen Or Ad Prop?

Snargle

Mercedes Benz is running a commercial in this weekend's Super Bowl that prominently features a fountain pen. Is this a real model or just something cobbled together by the ad agency? Inquiring minds want to know... :rolleyes:

http://youtu.be/oPNr0_6MnDo

Larry

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jbb

• jar

• Uncle Red

• Snargle

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got some similar pens but drive a Mazda :headsmack: My picture was taken for another post about using fountan pens as dip pens so ignore the writing. I believe that style of pen was very early 20th century. Search Paul Wirt and you'll see some more.

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5447/6911882188_02b5a9de81_o.jpg

Who'd have thought the Devil was one of us? Cute commercial. That pen is probably one of the cheap no name models but they were made at lot's of price points.

Might even be a Pregnant Parker MOP Pen! A fellow Pen friend 'Mantiques' often provides the movie and television industry with real vintage pens to be used as props.

Edited by pakmanpony

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Odd, I didn't have all that trouble back when I owned a Benz....

Get an Audi, and tell them you want a Pelikan 1000 for signing the dotted line.

Audi has a nice little V-8 my wife wants.The least they can do is throw in that Pelikan. :angry:

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

If I had to have a German car, it would be an Audi, MB and BMW are just too... cold and sterile.

<em class='bbc'>I started nowhere, ended up back there. I caught a fever and it burned up my blood. It was a pity, I left the city; I did me some travelin' but it's done me no good.</em> - Buffalo Clover "The Ruse"

Very nice looking pen and a very snappy commercial...... :ltcapd:

"The nice thing about being a pessimist is that your either always being proven right or your pleasantly surprised!" George F. Will

To me untrained eyes..a

Dani-Trio Brilliante MOP with after market fancified cap..

Yup that's the ticket... .Beemers..are so cool..

R69S-'68 with Earls fork..of course..R90S-'74..

2002Tii-'76..633CSI-'80..which was purchased at the show..{thumb up}..

Fred

There is no simple answer as to why I write longhand.

I write very slowly and like to watch the ink soak into the

wood pulp. I find it an organic process.

~ Tom Robbins ~

Hi all. I came to this forum looking for an answer to this exact question. I think I found it on ebay.

1900s REGAL Eyedropper MOTHER of PEARL Gold Repouse Vintage Fountain Pen

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1900s-REGAL-Eyedropper-MOTHER-PEARL-Gold-Repouse-Vintage-Fountain-Pen-/111010873649?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d8c38131

:W2FPN: Welcome to FPN tuberaider. What a gorgeous pen. Are you bidding? I hope you win if you do.

LOL it sort of looks like a jinhao China Confucius :ltcapd:

Do not let old pens lay around in a drawer, get them working and give them to a new fountain pen user.

I don't know about the rest of you but he can keep the car, I want the pen!!

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

Hi all. I came to this forum looking for an answer to this exact question. I think I found it on ebay.

1900s REGAL Eyedropper MOTHER of PEARL Gold Repouse Vintage Fountain Pen

http://www.ebay.com/...=item19d8c38131

Have to disagree with you--his has a full gold cap and gold overlay on the barrel;your

fleabay example doesn't have a gold cap and has mother-of-pearl inlay on the barrel.

I suspect it's a cheap knockoff.............

John

Irony is not lost on INFJ's--in fact,they revel in it.