Iroshizuku At Staples

mikefromsac

While I've bought a few fountain pens at office supply stores over the years (MB 144 and Pelikan M400 back in the 1990's), they mostly carry only Waterman or Montblanc ink. Nothing wrong with those inks and I like both, but I've always had to look elsewhere for more interesting choices. Well the other day when I was ordering some supplies for our business I noticed Staples now carries Iroshizuku (online only, but they'll ship to you or to your local store for pickup). Always wanting to try some I ordered Iroshizuku Kon-Peki and it's as wonderful as everybody said. Yesterday I ordered three other colors that should arrive tomorrow.

While the price is no better than my usual ink source (Goulet's), I had some Staples Rewards so I got one of the three bottles for free. Anyway, just wanted everybody to know in case you have some Staples Rewards laying around burning a hole in your pocket.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jbb

• mikefromsac

• JonSzanto

• Harlequin

Not easy to find on their website unless you use the search term "Iroshizuku." Great price

considering the savings in shipping.

Walk in shadow / Walk in dread / Loosefish walk / As Like one dead

I can't remember the last time I ordered anything from an actual store like Staples. Does their shipping go by the item or by total weight or what? For example, would 5 bottles of ink be just slightly more in regards to shipping than 1 bottle?

What good fortune! I had gone to Staples last year to recycle printer cartidges, only to find they paid in Rewards, and even then I couldn't use them right then, had to wait until the next month. I promptly forgot.

This thread caused me to seek out the online status of the rewards, which were set to expire in TWO DAYS. So I just got a bottle of Kon-peki for almost free. All I have to do is go down and pick it up at my nearby Staples.

Thanks!

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

What good fortune! I had gone to Staples last year to recycle printer cartidges, only to find they paid in Rewards, and even then I couldn't use them right then, had to wait until the next month. I promptly forgot.

This thread caused me to seek out the online status of the rewards, which were set to expire in TWO DAYS. So I just got a bottle of Kon-peki for almost free. All I have to do is go down and pick it up at my nearby Staples.

Thanks!

Since you had it shipped to your local Staples, was there even a shipping charge? If not, that really would make that a good price.

Not available in Canada :(

EDIT: For that matter, no inks are available at Staples Canada

Edited by Hoovy

Thanks!

Since you had it shipped to your local Staples, was there even a shipping charge? If not, that really would make that a good price.

Mine shipped to my local Staples with no shipping charge.

- Mike

Staples gives free... to your house... shipping for a very low miniumum order. When I just checked their site it said for orders over $20.00. I don't know if this varies from account to account though.

Staples carries one of my favorite papers too: :cloud9:

http://www.staples.com/Southworth-25-Cotton-Business-Paper-24-lb-8-1-2-inch-x/product_581500

Edited by jbb

Zero. Zip. Nada.

Just have to pop down there to pick it up. Ordered last night, supposed to be there tomorrow. Sweet..

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

I ordered a bottle of the Bordeaux yesterday along with the toner cartidge I needed for my HP printer. One of my pen pals uses a lot of Iroshizuku ink and I've been wanting to try some for ages but the price seemed prohibitive. Anything I order from Staples is a business expense... but I write with fountain & dip pen for work... so it's okay... and I'm the CEO. :headsmack:

I picked up a couple of the new Pilot Metropolitan pens from Staples in my last order. Interesting that they're carrying some Pilot fountain-pen products now.

I picked up a couple of the new Pilot Metropolitan pens from Staples in my last order. Interesting that they're carrying some Pilot fountain-pen products now.

Yes, they carry Pilot Prera, Pilot Vanishing Points, and Namiki ink also (in black only). I hope they sell well so they'll carry more items in the future.

- Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Yikes... I've not bought any Iroshizuku ink for a couple of years now. Back when I did, it was about $15 per bottle, plus $15 shipping for 3 bottles. $29 for one bottle now? Well, I did discover that there are sellers in Japan offering them for about the equivalent of $16 USD, but you have to buy multiple bottles to get any kind of discount (via the reduced shipping cost per bottle).

Edited by MYU

[MYU's Pen Review Corner] | "The Common Ground" -- Jeffrey Small

Yikes... I've not bought any Iroshizuku ink for a couple of years now. Back when I did, it was about $15 per bottle, plus $15 shipping for 3 bottles. $29 for one bottle now? Well, I did discover that there are sellers in Japan offering them for about the equivalent of $16 USD, but you have to buy multiple bottles to get any kind of discount (via the reduced shipping cost per bottle).

I have only written with sample inks of Iroshizuku ink from a blind buy of a box full of stuff off another forum. I have seen a guy on the 'bay selling up to 4 bottles shipped for $15 @ $16/bottle. UNFORTUNATELY, he would keep the uber-nice glass bottles and send off the ink in tacky looking plastic bottles. Sucks, because I would love to display the inks and introduce non FP users to FPs with flashy products :D. Hopefully if I ever get out of the never ending circle of a few bucks over minimum wage jobs, I hope to purchase a few of the glass bottles of Iroshizuki. Very nice presentation, and beautiful shading in my Lamy 2000 F nib.