Chinese "noble" Fountain Pen Introduction

rochester21

After waiting for about 6 weeks to get it, it finally came. On ebay it was named "Noble Large 41g green" fountain pen, but the seller, applely2019, has since replaced this models with others, so i`m not sure that this small review would be useful to anyone. But the pen is great, so why not?

1. Appearance and finish 4.5/5. This really must be one of the prettiest pens i have ever seen in real life. It has a marbled designed which is probably just a sticker, but it`s really well put together(can`t feel the edge). It has 4 goldish metal rings with a lovely geometrical pattern, slightly embossed into the surface. The clip has some floral patterns as well, and the finish is not perfect, but almost there.

http://i45.tinypic.com/n4w8ya.jpg

2. Construction and size 4/5. The barrel is made from metal, along with the rings, and the cap is basically plastic. About 13.5 cm capped and 1.3 cm in diameter, and a fairly good weight to it. It feels solid in the hand, can`t be posted, but due to the weight and diameter of the barrel, it rests good in the hand without being capped. Another good thing is that the metal barrel does not have the tendency to unscrew by itself(not uncommon on low-end pens).

3. Nib and writing 4/5. Ok, now comes the surprise. This "Noble" fp is smooth. Smoother than my wing sung 380, 2007, my baoer 507. Also, it is a wet writer- actually, a bit too wet for my tastes, and this without any adjustment to the nib. The nib puts very little resistance on paper(always a sign of a quality nib) and has a bit of tooth, but nothing serious. It puts down a medium wet line- i would have preferred a more finer line, but the nib was described as being a medium, so it`s all good.

It has been a solid performer ever since i first filled it with ink, so far it didn`t even dry out when left uncapped like some other chinese pens do.

http://i47.tinypic.com/do461c.jpg

4. Filling system and price. The Noble takes standard cartridges and comes with a better than average twist converter. The price, including shipping, was about 8 dollars, and for the money i got a very colored and beautiful pen, which on top of that actually writes well. My intention was to buy another, but i noticed that the ebay seller changed the line of models, this is the original link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Noble-Large-41g-Green-Noble-Fountain-Pen-Iridium-Point-Medium-Nib-16008-/200849128767

http://i50.tinypic.com/29nurns.jpg

Edited by rochester21

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lovemy51

• richardandtracy

• Sailor Kenshin

• rochester21

Reminds me of a cross between a Bulow and Jinhao, from specific elements like the clip, the bands, the over all shape and what seems like the weight (since it was mentioned that it's got a good bit of heft to it).