The First Time I Matched An Ink Color To A Pen Color

maryannemoll

And it turned out to be a perfect match!

The Lamy has a medium nib.

Now I can't wait for the other Lamy I purchased, because the Diamine ink for it as already here.

post-2512-0-35899000-1357258627.jpg

Edited by maryannemoll

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• maryannemoll

• Harlequin

• Sailor Kenshin

• zuerincolour

Cool thumbup.gif It never occurred to me to match the pen & ink colour until I found this web site. Now, I find it really annoying if the pen and ink colour don't match or aren't complimentary colours. headsmack.gif

I'd been using J. Herbin's Vert Pré in my green Safari, but this looks to be a better match. Lovely!

-not really now not any more-

Oh, Diamine is just heavenly. J. Herbin can be a little persnickety, but Diamine is the most well-behaved ink I have ever had the blessing to use. Even nib creeps don't happen with Diamine.

They do have a new color called Apple Meadow as well, but it's a little lighter, so I chose Kelly Green, and I'm happy to see I made the right choice.

I have been thinking of this, what color ink might go well with a matte/pearlized gold? It's not shiny by any means , but has more of a smoothness about it. Lemme see if I can find an example...

http://static1.jetpens.com/images/a/000/018/18549.jpg

any ideas?

Great match Maryanne - don't you just love Safaris.

I have another on the way, but it's white. Kinda hard to match. But very complimentary :)

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice; damn

There goes that fox again.

I have been thinking of this, what color ink might go well with a matte/pearlized gold? It's not shiny by any means , but has more of a smoothness about it. Lemme see if I can find an example...

http://static1.jetpens.com/images/a/000/018/18549.jpg

any ideas?

Have you considered trying Noodler's Rome Burning?

Great match Maryanne - don't you just love Safaris.

I have another on the way, but it's white. Kinda hard to match. But very complimentary :)

Ah, then you can use any color ink with it!

But what about Diamine Graphite or another gray ink, to match the gray, X-mark at the top of the gap and the gray strip that's between the feed and the barrel?

But then again, white goes with everything, so have fun using it as your "anything goes" pen! :)

Just be careful with the more saturated inks, especially the red ones. Sometimes they stain, although you can prevent staining by immediately wiping the pen with that cleaner used for cleaning multi-coated eyeglass lenses. They usually come in a spray bottle, and I use it sometimes to clean my white Safari after I load it with something red. So, far, no staining yet.

Edited by maryannemoll

And it turned out to be a perfect match!

The Lamy has a medium nib.

Now I can't wait for the other Lamy I purchased, because the Diamine ink for it as already here.

That is cool and rather inspirational! I will have to rummage through pens and ink later.

I have actually. I thought it would be a god match- the whole purple/gold thing. I don't think I'd want anything too bright coming out of this though. Right now, it has Noodler's Habanero in it, which I think may be a touch too "bright".

I have actually. I thought it would be a god match- the whole purple/gold thing. I don't think I'd want anything too bright coming out of this though. Right now, it has Noodler's Habanero in it, which I think may be a touch too "bright".

How about a tame, proper brown? Like Diamine Ochre, or Omas Sepia?

Here's another new perfect match.

post-2512-0-18748700-1357527340.jpg

This is not yet the Lamy I have been waiting for, though. Now I'm even more excited for it to arrive!

Edited by maryannemoll

This is not yet the Lamy I have been waiting for, though. Now I'm even more excited for it to arrive!

Now this is the Lamy I have been waiting for, and I've got another perfect match!

post-2512-0-22896100-1357619833.jpg

So wait, you want to be subtle when using that very pink pen? ^_~

Edited by Harlequin