Mb Einstein Ink

Sblakers

This is a very mini review. Just grabbed a bottle today from my local mb boutique. Inked up my Gaius Maecenas and away I wrote. Will try to post pics and a better review later

This ink is very unusual I know that it is called a dark grey (which it is) however I can detect other colors in it depending on the lighting. It seems to change colors. Almost like a lighter noodlera el Laurence. This ink is supposed have sheen and I can sort of detect it a bit. I will however leave the sheen testing up to Mphoto. It's a very difficult ink to nail down as far as color goes

The performance is pretty much the middle of the road for shading, flow and lubrication. I haven't had a ton of time with this ink yet so I can't go into great detail yet. However due to the interesting nature of this ink I think it's deserves a very thorough look

Well this is my first review. Hopefully it's a little useful.

Forgot to add the nib is a medium

post-79518-0-80874700-1356927029.jpg

Edited by Sblakers

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sblakers

• Gary1952

• Drone

• Bo Bo Olson

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the review. I was at my local MB emporium today to pick up some Jonathan Swift ink and they had this, too, so I picked up a bottle. Just curious about the color. This helped.

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

Hi, thanks for the brief review...

I just went to my local Mb Boutique in Jakarta, of-course they didn't have this ink, they rarely have any ink. I ordered a bottle of Einstien anyway - not that I'll ever see it. When it comes to ink, in Jakarta I might as well speak to a piece of wood instead of the Sales Associate at the local Montblanc Boutique, I might get further.

I've heard this ink is supposed to have some inclusions that somehow "sparkle"; as if to mimic stars in the night sky - or some such marketing mumbo-jumbo. Glad to hear that in real-life there may be something to this. Can't wait to see detailed close-ups.

I wonder how this ink cleans-up & holds up to water? Someone please try this ink with a broad/stub or flex nib - how does it shade?

Drone,

I come into Jakarta quite often.... plenty of inks in Singapore....

Except the MB Einstein....

Holiness is not in religion. It is in compassion and right action in mind and heart

Drone,

I come into Jakarta quite often.... plenty of inks in Singapore....

Except the MB Einstein....

Hmmm... No Mb Einstein in Singapore either. Maybe Mb is not distributing this ink to SE Asia? Not spotting it in Jakarta is expected, Mb is terrible with inks here. But I think no Mb Einstein in Singapore is a valid data-point.

I got my MB Einstein in Singapore Raffles City just last week

The BEST teacher don't give you the answers, they just point the way and you make your own choice - Will Schuester, GLEE

I was disappointed by this nondescript grey ink.

Some evidence of shading but no discernable sheen or metallic glitter. Found it to be rather dry in my Lamy Safari.

Edited by Gary1952

Intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

No sheen at all, in my opinion. The MB salespeople indicated there were no metallic properties or flakes I the ink, as well.

Sigh, this ink was touted to have inclusions. Now it sounds like it's pretty dull stuff.

This ink is an insult to Einstein.

Intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

This ink is an insult to Einstein.

Well of course...That's all relative...isn't it? :embarrassed_smile:

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

Touche!

Seriously though..................surely Montblanc could have done a whole lot better than this insipid effort.

What about bible black with a suspension (constellation) of silver particles?

Hey, everything you guys say really reflects my own thoughts (honestly).

But one more note -- and one that was already posted by somebody else here before me -- MB's issue of a new ink which isn't really all that hot should maybe remind them that they shouldn't continuously offer more than one or two "new", or "special", or "LE" inks every year.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Thanks for the review!

But dang, seems like MB dropped the ball on this one. Stephen Brown's Inkcyclopedia entry for this ink didn't find any sheen per se, but he did discover what could've been a "metallic" residue, but I don't remember if he was sure that it was actually metallic.

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

I must say, I'm underwhelmed and really disappointed with MB on this one. Was really looking forward to this ink (I love Hitchcock Red!) and the reviews are signaling this ink is pretty much just 'dark gray'.

- OPG4711

Are all these experiences just "relative"… sorry couldn't help myself. unsure.gif

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

Are all these experiences just "relative"… sorry couldn't help myself. unsure.gif

But relative to what? Much depends or your point of view, or if you prefere frame of reference.