1 reply to this topic

#1 Mafia Geek

Mafia Geek

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 23:28

So I have a Waterman Starlet (at least pretty sure it is) with an Ideal 2A nib in it made in Canada. The nib has some pretty good flex but part of the tipping material has been damaged. Could someone help me with locating/finding a nib that will fit the pen? I'm not sure if an Ideal 2 will fit the pen or if it needs to be a 2A. I can find lots of Ideal 2 nibs, but not many Ideal 2A nibs. Alternatively, if someone has one that they might be willing to part with, I'd be very interested.

#2 rhosygell

rhosygell

Twpsyn llwyr !

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 December 2012 - 00:21

So I have a Waterman Starlet (at least pretty sure it is) with an Ideal 2A nib in it made in Canada. The nib has some pretty good flex but part of the tipping material has been damaged. Could someone help me with locating/finding a nib that will fit the pen? I'm not sure if an Ideal 2 will fit the pen or if it needs to be a 2A. I can find lots of Ideal 2 nibs, but not many Ideal 2A nibs. Alternatively, if someone has one that they might be willing to part with, I'd be very interested.

Look on UK e-bay for a rough 501 / 502 / Champion / 512 / L2. Those will have a 2a or 2b nib which will be a =n identical replacement for you.
Iechyd da pob Cymro