Parker's Manufacturer's Web Site

richardandtracy

Does anyone know what the current Official Parker Website is?

I had http://www.parkerpens.com but that seems defunct.

The only other one that seems official is http://www.parkerpen.com but that takes you off to some tripe about the 5th of something and doesn't mention any other part of the Parker range, just has fancy photos of airbrushed models kissing fake nibs.

Regards,

Richard.

Edited to add:

Flip. That looks like it may be the official one, as it's the website linked to from the Newell Rubbermaid corporate site.

OK. Let's re-phrase the question:

Do parker have a range of Fountain Pens, and where could I see what they are?

Edited by richardandtracy

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• richardandtracy

• Ernst Bitterman

• OcalaFlGuy

• robofkent

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Stoopid or what?

OK. Thanks for the link.

So. The Duofold International is available in Mont Blanc's Black 'Precious Resin' only. With a silver or gold coloured trim. Nice increase in choice and introduction of new colours.

The Centennial is available in black with gold trim only.

No LE's mentioned.

What on earth are Parker playing at? Is it a deliberate attempt to kill the brand, or will the brand's death just be through incompetance and neglect?

Regards,

Richard.

Edited by richardandtracy

They are not trying to kill the brand. They are trying to make money hand over fist. They are doing it, at least in China. All of this information has been posted to FPN long since. As Richard is younger than I am, and better able to use the Web, I'll allow him to retrieve it for himself.

Parker is thriving like a green bay tree and a half. At least according to the paperwork. Photographs of Parker sub-boutiques in the Middle Kingdom seem to confirm that the Chinese are going relatively crazy for Parker pens, and in particular for expensive Parker pens.

When it comes to the sale of luxury goods, we are not living in a Eurocentric world and have not been for some little time now.

It does seem that China, India and the other emerging economies are where the money is these days! Parker aren't the only company going after the Chinese market of course and good luck to them if it ensures their survival.

Edited by robofkent

Stoopid or what?

OK. Thanks for the link.

So. The Duofold International is available in Mont Blanc's Black 'Precious Resin' only.

Regards,

Richard.

Not that I usually suspect things Richard says here, I don't, but I had to see this for myself.

Well I'll be damned.

"crafted from precious rich black resin"... Yep there it is in plain unbroken Canadian.

Ok, that's it.

Parker, I didn't think there was anything you could do after your latest new "pen" catastrophe to make you any more irrelevant in modern pens to me as a pen person.

I was wrngh.

Enjoy your new home in China morons.

Bruce in Ocala, FL

"There is far more money to be made in China" is not equivalent to "There is NO money to be made elsewhere." I suspect they're falling into the error that says that a flat line in the sales graph is a bad thing; if that flat line indicates sales in the region of $GOBS, it should no be despised.

{inflammatory and somewhat political statement excised by author}

Edited by Ernst Bitterman

Ravensmarch Pens & Books
It's mainly pens, just now....

Oh, good heavens. He's got a blog now, too.

fpn_1465330536__hwabutton.jpg

To the OP:

The "official" Parker website is one of the slowest to load, most poorly designed ones I have ever run across. If you think that trying to get information about the various pen models (or ink colors) is bad -- just try and track down warranty/repair information! :glare:

They did have one sort of neat feature -- you could see what ink looked like coming out of different nibs, on these very attractive (but again, slow as molasses to load) pages into an on-screen travel journal or holiday greeting card. Don't know if that feature is still up, though -- I tend to avoid that website at all costs to my blood pressure....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."