Diamine Music Collection - Handel

Bhavna

I like this colour, it again prefers finer /wetter nibs and non-glossy paper (so I avoided my Quad paper), but it is lovely with enchanting shading and tone variation.

fpn_1354801236__handel_review_sml.jpg

Shading:

fpn_1354801301__handel_shading_sml.jpg

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bhavna

• indigirl

• Mauricio

• J.R.

What a beautiful colour! And the shading on it is lovely. Thanks for a great review, Bhavna!

'I dip my pen into the blackest ink, because I am not afraid of falling into my inkpot.' ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Another keeper! Why can't we get these individually? 30ml is not enough! And to be saddled with all the kinfolk....an injustice, I tell you! angry.gif

God is seldom early, never late, and always on time.

~~Larry Brown

That's a nice one.

It certainly is. It is lighter in real life.

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

What a beautiful colour! And the shading on it is lovely. Thanks for a great review, Bhavna!

Hello, thank you for the kind words. It really is quite enchanting and lustrous a colour.

Bhavna, thanks for this nice review. It is a nice colour.

With love,

goldenkrishna

You are most welcome, glad you liked it!

Another keeper! Why can't we get these individually? 30ml is not enough! And to be saddled with all the kinfolk....an injustice, I tell you! angry.gif

Indeedy. :eureka: I tell you what, I will adopt ALL your unwanted kinfolk, ever' one of them. :D :bunny01:

Mmm...I agree with your assessment of the "berry tones". A nice, dark, rich raspberry with the soul of a plum...juicy and delicious...okay, I want a smoothie now.

Do you have a closeup of that "blue halo" effect?

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

Mmm...I agree with your assessment of the "berry tones". A nice, dark, rich raspberry with the soul of a plum...juicy and delicious...okay, I want a smoothie now.

Do you have a closeup of that "blue halo" effect?

Ooh Jadie, make that two please! What a lovely description. I will try and get the halo effect, I gave up after the Tchaikovsky and Strauss sheen shoot which took the best part of over an hour.

Adding this in response to requests. I hope it helps.

fpn_1354982440__music_set_water_drop_test_sml.jpg

Adding a couple more pictures, can't edit OP. I am sorry to requote the whole post!

I like this colour, it again prefers finer /wetter nibs and non-glossy paper (so I avoided my Quad paper), but it is lovely with enchanting shading and tone variation.

fpn_1354801236__handel_review_sml.jpg

Shading:

fpn_1354801301__handel_shading_sml.jpg

A secondary review on glossy paper.

fpn_1354983646__handel_review_2_quad_sml.jpg

And now for some sheen! :puddle:

fpn_1354983704__handel_sheen_sml.jpg

fpn_1354983755__handel_sheen_3_sml.jpg

Thanks for the review. This is one of the ones of the series that I really like. I really hope someone prevails upon Diamine to make them available individually at some point; I really can't afford to buy the entire set and then hope to trade away the ones I don't like in the hopes of getting extras of the ones that I *do*.... :headsmack:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I guess I just fell off the turnip truck...

I haven't even heard of this line of Diamine ink, but thanks to these reviews I found some new favorites (as if any of us needed more ink).

If Santa's listening, I'd like to meet Strauss, Handel and Chopin in about 16 days !

Great review,

J.R.

Bhavna,

Thanks for another great ink review. Your work allow us to enjoy these new inks before they are released to the market. I can just imagine the wonders these ink colors will do with those very flexible vintage nibs. I envision beautiful shading effects. Look forward to trying them out. Thanks again Bhavna for your hard work reviewing these new inks.

Tu Amigo!

Mauricio Aguilar

www.VintagePen.net

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3525/4051556482_36f28f0902_m.jpg

E-Mail: VintagePen@att.net

Thanks for the review. This is one of the ones of the series that I really like. I really hope someone prevails upon Diamine to make them available individually at some point; I really can't afford to buy the entire set and then hope to trade away the ones I don't like in the hopes of getting extras of the ones that I *do*.... :headsmack:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

You are very welcome Ruth. I know, from correspondence with Phil @ Diamine, that the set will not be available as individual units. Is there a way to do a group buy and then everyone has a sample of so many mls? I appreciate this may not be the most ideal solution but I don't know what to suggest, but I understand your frustration.

I guess I just fell off the turnip truck...

I haven't even heard of this line of Diamine ink, but thanks to these reviews I found some new favorites (as if any of us needed more ink).

If Santa's listening, I'd like to meet Strauss, Handel and Chopin in about 16 days !

Great review,

J.R.

Hi J.R.! I am delighted you found the reviews. I'm afraid they are not available as individual colours, but as one complete set of ten!

Bhavna,

Thanks for another great ink review. Your work allow us to enjoy these new inks before they are released to the market. I can just imagine the wonders these ink colors will do with those very flexible vintage nibs. I envision beautiful shading effects. Look forward to trying them out. Thanks again Bhavna for your hard work reviewing these new inks.

Dear Mauricio, thank you for such kind words, they really make the work very worthwhile. It is such a joy to share these exquisite colours with my fellow FP worshippers. You are right, flex nibs are creating breath-taking shading and also sheen effects. I have yet to put in more practice with my dip pens, and to also find an old-fashioned flex-nibbed FP :wub:! Warm wishes, Bhavna