Soer

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 208 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:54

Hey Guys ,

Anyone of you have any experience with Marlen fountain pens, any users?????

They make beautiful pen thats for sure. :puddle: :puddle: :puddle:

Edited by Soer, 03 December 2012 - 13:58.

#2 smk

smk

Antique

• Admin Tech.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:55

I have a Marlen XXI-C (21st Century). I believe it was to inquire about that pen that I joined FPN.

I bought the pen and it's a lovely writing instrument. Marlen nibs are quite generously sized, mine has a very healthy and wet M nib. I used the pen for my recent lessons on Arabic Writing, you can see it in action in any of the videos here: Videos with Marlen Pen :-).

Salman

Those who say it can't be done should get out of the way of those doing it.

My Blog

#3 nastyandy

nastyandy

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:45

I have a Marlen Eclisse Whirlpool with Medium nib. It's one of my favorite writers; lays down a very nice medium-fine line, very smooth, and has a pleasant feel while writing.

I'm not sure whether Marlen is still in busniess, but from what I understand (via posts on here) their pens command a lousy resale value. However, if you're not expecting to resell the pen, that shouldn't matter much, especially if yo are at the buying end of that situation.

#4 aawhite

aawhite

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 December 2012 - 12:47

I have a blue Marlen Sydney. Nice pen. It is well balanced when posted. The nib is smooth with no flex. The ink (I use Waterman Blue) flows well; my nib is a bit of a wet writer but the ink does not bleed through an average A4 printer paper.

Edited by aawhite, 03 December 2012 - 12:49.

Favorite Pens: Aurora Optima Blue Auroloide and Pelikan M805.

#5 ethernautrix

ethernautrix

Be the Pen Posse you want to see in the world.

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,312 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 18:04

I've had two Marlens, a Paris Rings and a Journal. I still have the Journal, which I hardly use, cos it's a button-filler, and I prefer c/c. The Paris Rings was a great writer, but my infatuation with its overall looks, while sustained, wasn't enough to overcome my preference for fewer pens (downsizing), so I gave it away.

There is something about the Journal, though, that makes me keep it, even though I hardly ever ink it up.
I ink; therefore, I am
Fleekair <--French accent.

#6 Ghost Plane

Ghost Plane

Indescribable

• Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,270 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:03

I stupidly sold my Journals with BB nibs and regret it. Still have a B nib Aderl that is fantastic. :thumbup: