Pilot Plumix

ModiHammarstedt

I received this pen as a little gift to myself a couple of years back and I've been using it on and off ever since, but now that college has started this is not only my daily writer, but my everything writer!

First Appearances: 5/10

I have to admit, looking at it for the first time it looked really goofy but very cool! The wing tipped cap and long swirly body kind of made me chuckle a little bit on the inside. That's not saying it looks bad in anyway at all! It just looks different.

I like the fact that it's clear, makes it a lot less flashy and noticeable to the non fountain pen user which is incredibly nice!

http://i.imgur.com/MtaXH.jpg

Construction: 8/10

It's plastic. What more can I say? It's not super cheap, or cheap at all, it's just that it's plastic. It works fantastically at what it does and that's the important part.

The barrel, section, and cap always line up how they did the time before, the threads are nice, everything does exactly what it's supposed to!

http://i.imgur.com/JeskR.jpg

Nib: 10/10

When I mean this is the best, most reliable, comfortable, best writing, easiest to start nib I've ever written with, I mean it.

It's utterly fantastic! It is a tad bit dry so I can write on basically any surface I so chose, it is smooth and it always starts up but it's never so wet that it bleeds through the entire earth. It's a very comfortable, usable, and very down to earth nib. It's stainless steel, but that doesn't really matter because it does its job perfectly! I just love it! It's labeled as a <m> but it's an italic nib probably 1.0mm, but I can't be sure since I do not have a ruler with, and or around me at all...

http://i.imgur.com/RxDTs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hfZLF.jpg

Filling: 7/10

Cartridge. Nothing more to say! It's a pilot cartridge so it does hold quite a lot of ink!

Size and Shape: 8/10

As I said before it looks really weird and goofy, but it's ridiculously comfortable, it rests in the hand like a dream, it's light weight so your hand doesn't get tired from writing with it but it doesn't float away. The section is a triangular type slant, rest, thing and it makes writing at the perfect angle extremely comfortable.

http://i.imgur.com/V5jZw.jpg

Left to right: Pilot Plumix, Jinhao 5000 Dragon, Waterman Expert, Sheaffer something...

Cost and Value: 10/10

It cost me a handful of crumpled $1 bills from my pocket... It's a ridiculously good value!

Here's a writing sample for physics. Since handwriting gets boring after a while here's some non sentences and some physics stuff!

http://i.imgur.com/WiZWl.jpg

Final: 48/60

Don't let the score get you down! This right now is the best pen I own. Hands. Down. If I need to write something down or anything that involves a pen I always pick this one up. Always.

http://i.imgur.com/DCyTr.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• brunico

• K. Cakes

• ModiHammarstedt

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, this nib is surprisingly good for the price. I hate the body, but you can put it on a Prera body if you're willing to shill out some more money. It also takes Pilot convertors, so you're not stuck with cartridges which is a definite plus. I just wish I could find the F Plumix! I've been searching forever without any luck :(

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

Sizes are:

EF 0.32mm

F 0.44mm

M 0.58mm

B 0.7mm

BB 1mm

But the Lamy 1.1 is somewhere between Pilot's M and B, so they obviously measure them differently.

I'm not keen on the Plumix body, so I got some of the cheaper, tiny-barrelled version, the Pluminix, and put the nibs into Penmanships, which are basically Plumixes without the squid-like styling.

Great nibs, though, a touch better than the Lamys, I think, but I give the nod to the Lamys because the caps are more convenient when writing intermittently at work, and the pens don't roll around as much on the desk. But I do like the Pilots a hell of a lot and will probably get more.

In Europe, Pilot distribute only the Plumix and Pluminix, pretty much only in M, too, and in this market the pens take international-style cartridges and converters. Outside Europe, they take Pilot ones. All Penmanships and Preras are Pilot-only, too, as far as I can see.