#1 mhphoto

mhphoto

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2012 - 07:43

Here's my review of the cheery Diamine Kelly Green.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:thumbup:

#2 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,714 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 November 2012 - 19:41

Nice review! Great green!! Likely my very most favourite green although green isn't my favourite colour of ink.

MIke :)
Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#3 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,415 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 15:46

Interesting. Your scan shows Meadow looking much lighter than Kelly Green, which is the opposite of what I have seen in the samples of them that I have (in fact I found Kelly Green to be so light as to be almost illegible, which was a shame because it shades so gorgeously in all the review scans I've seen it in.
Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#4 mhphoto

mhphoto

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,572 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 November 2012 - 16:23

Interesting. Your scan shows Meadow looking much lighter than Kelly Green, which is the opposite of what I have seen in the samples of them that I have (in fact I found Kelly Green to be so light as to be almost illegible, which was a shame because it shades so gorgeously in all the review scans I've seen it in.
Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

This is probably due to the Kelly Green sample being written with the Noodler's Flex, which is a very wet writer, and the Meadow sample being written with a dipped Serwex 77TR, which is a dry writer anyway. Checking the Meadow and Kelly Green reviews back to back in person, they're about the same in terms of lightness and darkness, but the Kelly Green is just so much brighter than Meadow. :)