Diamine Ancient Copper

Mafia Geek

Here's my review of Diamine's Ancient Copper. The shading for this ink was really great and it's a dark enough colour that I could see some people using it daily. I think I would use it only for mark-up though. I would highly recommend giving this ink a try, writes real well.

fpn_1352689627__diamine_ancient_copper_large.jpg

Here's the water resistance test. For this I wrote on a small Rhodia pad and after letting the ink dry for several minutes soaked it in water for several seconds. The writing at the bottom is Mont Blanc Midnight Blue.

fpn_1352689636__diamine_ancient_copper_water_test_medium.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vans4444

• ravantra

• mrchan

• papabear16

This is my favorite rusty orange, a good replacement for PR Orange Crush, which turns brown in the bottle within a year.

Dan

"Life is like an analogy" -Anon-

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l279/T-Caster/DSC_0334_2.jpg

I bought a bottle of this ink at the Midland Pen Show. After reading the label the trader and I both wondered what it would look like on the page.

So I did a dip test and we both said together - copper.

As always happens the scan does quite render the colour correctly, it is more "coppery"

I have used it a lot over the last few months and it remains one of my favorites.

Edited by vans4444

I really like this color. It has become one of my favorit non-blues / non-blacks.

Someone warned me that it gets kinda "gummy" in the pen from time to time, although I have yet to experience that.

TC.

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

I bought this ink but haven't really played with it yet. Need to ink something and try it out!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

I really like this color. It has become one of my favorit non-blues / non-blacks.

Someone warned me that it gets kinda "gummy" in the pen from time to time, although I have yet to experience that.

I put some in an Indian ID and left it for a month. It really took some cleaning. I had to soak the section overnight in soapy water.

Gummy is a really good description.

Another great review!

This ink is a fantastic color (one of my favorites of its category), but sometimes that goopiness gets to me…

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Gracie

Joining in late here, but I put Ancient Copper in my lovely Aurora Optima which is almost the same colour, and loved it. Then I got a nasty virus and didn't touch a pen for just over a month. As soon as I was mobile again, I picked up the Aurora and opened it up to find a red frothing beast glaring back at me. I bolted for the kitchen sink and flushed it repeatedly, and even had to clean it out of the cap. I've had that with Diamine Meadow, another favourite colour, and I seem to recall something about it being the yellow that they use. In any case, I'm hoping someone can tell me if this nasty foaming property is harmful to a pen, or if it's just an awful experience one has to go through for this wonderful coloured ink.

Joining in late here, but I put Ancient Copper in my lovely Aurora Optima which is almost the same colour, and loved it. Then I got a nasty virus and didn't touch a pen for just over a month. As soon as I was mobile again, I picked up the Aurora and opened it up to find a red frothing beast glaring back at me. I bolted for the kitchen sink and flushed it repeatedly, and even had to clean it out of the cap. I've had that with Diamine Meadow, another favourite colour, and I seem to recall something about it being the yellow that they use. In any case, I'm hoping someone can tell me if this nasty foaming property is harmful to a pen, or if it's just an awful experience one has to go through for this wonderful coloured ink.

Hi,

Fear not! You did not pass your virus to the pen nor the ink!!

Apparently the creeping crud happens with some pens, and is presently considered harmless.

For more grisly reading & gut-churning imagery, we have this Topic: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/topic/213095-oh-no-diamine-ancient-copper-problem/

Bye,

S1

Edited by Sandy1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

Love this ink! Not had any problems. I have been using it the past month and is now a favorite.

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

I've never had any problems, probably because I used it for hours most days, and even a good bit on the weekends. Man, I love this ink.

Girls say they want a guy with serious ink, but then pretend to be bored when I show off all my fancy fountain pens. ~ Jason Gelles

• 3 weeks later...

Another great review!

This ink is a fantastic color (one of my favorites of its category), but sometimes that goopiness gets to me…

I put some in an Indian ID and left it for a month. It really took some cleaning. I had to soak the section overnight in soapy water.

Gummy is a really good description.

I can't agree with this more, the gunk that builds up is kinda annoying as I have to look at it every 2 or so days that I leave the pen alone. It didn't cause me any problems cleaning it but it was just unpleasant to look at. I had this problem with the Diamine Meadow too. Anyway, this ink is my favourite copper, rusty orange look and I have one pen permanently inked with this at all times (despite the gunk).

Fountain pens are like weapons. They just make your pocket bleed so much.