Diamine Chocolate Brown

Bhavna

post-85399-0-20721100-1346195154.jpg

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bhavna

• senzen

• ravantra

• tenney

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice review ... now another brown to look at ... just got the PR Chocolat and it looks a lot alike ...

Thank you :) Haven't seen the PR Chocolat, but my goodness this was a very, very lovely review to do. I cannot wait to use it daily!

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

Thanks for a great review. I agree that Diamine Chocolate is outstanding - it just feels good. It's only drawback is that it is not even close to being water resistant.

This is, and has been for a year, one of my favorite (and easily obtainable) inks. Ethernautrix tried it out at last weekend's pen posse and then a few seconds later put water on the paper and I recall it being fairly water resistant (after drying). But I haven't tried any water tests.

--

Glenn (love those pen posses)

Thank you all for looking and commenting. I have just found it is absolutely not water-resistant in the least as I spilt a couple of drops of water and the writing was gone! Not a trace :headsmack:! But I still love the colour!

Love this ink, thanks for the review!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Lovely review, thanks. :thumbup: I love this ink! You've characterized it perfectly, the richest dark chocolate, sinfully rich. I'm currently not in a brown-ink phase, but now I may have to go back to it...

where can i get this ink in India.

The only Known name in India for Vintage/New/Limited Edition pen/Pen-Parts/Pen Repair....Pradeep Pen India

Love this ink, thanks for the review!

+1 and you're most welcome!

Lovely review, thanks. :thumbup: I love this ink! You've characterized it perfectly, the richest dark chocolate, sinfully rich. I'm currently not in a brown-ink phase, but now I may have to go back to it...

Yayy, its lovely when something comes out of retirement for even more enjoyment! I feel I have gained a calorie or two!! :roflmho:

I do love brown inks and this one is really sumptuous! Thanks for your good review of this great ink!

You are most welcome, thank you for looking. I was delighted when I first used it. It felt like writing with chocolate, and how can one go wrong with that??! :puddle:

Thanks for the great review. Its such a great dark brown, and the comparisons at the end were very helpful.

I was quite amazed with how close this is to Saddle Brown, although the latter is less saturated.

where can i get this ink in India.

I am sorry I don't know. Perhaps the pen boutiques in Bangalore, Mumbai or Delhi? You can order directly from diamine.co.uk too.

Thanks for the review, this is my all time favourite brown ink and I rarely don't have a pen loaded with it,

Thankfully I don't worry too much about water proof (if I want water proof then I would use Noodlers Walnut which is similar but no longer easily available in the UK).

This is fast replacing Diamine Saddle Brown as my favourite brown ink. Absolutely love it and the shading it gives in some pens.

Thanks for the reviews.

Tony.

Thanks for the review, this is my all time favourite brown ink and I rarely don't have a pen loaded with it,

Thankfully I don't worry too much about water proof (if I want water proof then I would use Noodlers Walnut which is similar but no longer easily available in the UK).

I am very pleased you enjoyed it! I haven't yet had the pleasure of trying any Noodler products, but I have my eye on one (0r 3) of the flex pens sometime in the near future! I do love this colour and am finding myself going to this ink far more than the other 30 inked up...!

This is fast replacing Diamine Saddle Brown as my favourite brown ink. Absolutely love it and the shading it gives in some pens.

Thanks for the reviews.

Hi Tony! I adore Saddle Brown, it is a gorgeous rustic ink, but yes, I have to say Chocolate Brown is so much richer and more vibrant. Almost like an evening ink, if an ink was a ball gown...! Ok... :blink:, back to the day job! :roflmho:

This looks like PR Chocolat but on my screen a bit lighter. Does it tinge red or is it darker on paper?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

This looks like PR Chocolat but on my screen a bit lighter. Does it tinge red or is it darker on paper?

You are the second person to offer a comparison to PR Chocolat. I wouldn't say there is a red tinge/ I haven't seen one. The colour is rich and luxuriously saturated on paper. Hope that helps.

Oooh, great brown. Currently my go to brown is Iroshizuku Yama guri. Will have to try this one. Water resistance does not matter to me.

Really like your review, thanks.

Change is not mandatory, Survival is not required.

Oooh, great brown. Currently my go to brown is Iroshizuku Yama guri. Will have to try this one. Water resistance does not matter to me.

Really like your review, thanks.

Thank you for your kind words, I am glad you liked the review. I haven't tried any Iroshizuku inks yet, althought the Kusumosu is very much on my radar!