Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock (Dark Red)

tenurepro

I know there are several excellent Hitchcock reviews out there, so here is a few comparative writing samples with the ink with a MB 144 double bold nib, a MB 145 oblique bold nib, a MB 149 with a fine nib, and a Nakaya long cigar with a soft medium nib with some added flex (by nibs.com). The paper is Rhodia. All nibs are very wet writers, which may explain the long dry times of this ink on this paper (i wrote seconds, but really this is just steamboat counts :).

I tried to adjust the colours to match the actual ink, which is a very dark - dried blood red (a colleague commented if I had a nose bleed on the paper?).

I am a big fan of this colour, especially with the bold / flex nib. Its still nice but lacking a bit of flare with the 149 fine nib.

enjoy.

fpn_1345931987__hitchcock-different-nibs.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tenurepro

• swanjun

• ALJERWAN

• notbob

It is very nice - I had a really hard time finding this ink; i finally managed to get 2 bottles last week; i am hoping they last a good time. It is a bit frustrating that Mont Blanc creates these special edition inks in small volumes; One would think that i would be easy to keep producing these inks once they got the formula down; I guess the limited supply helps drive demand and cost of these inks.

Great review :happyberet:

I got a bottle of this a couple of weeks ago and love it.

Sure a stunning ink.... I may have to order another bottle just to have on the side :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

Think its time I 'cracked open' my bottle as well. Good review :thumbup:

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

Such excellent shading laid down from different nibs. This seems like a good shading ink. I like this red.

F

Nervous? No, I'm just thinking...

• 4 weeks later...

hi guys

i want to ask when you say it is limited edition does this mean they will stop producing it or this means they produce it in small quantities

it is so sad if the mont blanc will stop such an ink

I really like this ink and I just ordered one more bottle. I think supply for this ink out there is limited now.

i can not blame you i have read many reviews to find the red ink which i can call ""THE RED" because we have -here in saudi araabia- in the stationary stores the pellikan 4001 red only which i dont like

but the LE make me sad

waht made me wonder about the meaning of limited edition thing is i just made a call to MB boutique here in saudi arabia and the sales man told me they will got the ink next month

i do not want to spend time in searching for another ink with the same color

• 2 months later...

stunning color and great review :thumbup: thanks for sharing

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Thanks - used it a lot for holiday cards, along with MB Irish Green - i call them the christmas duo!

I managed to get a couple of bottles off Amazon in November - was sold out in MB boutique in Toronto

I managed to get a couple of bottles off Amazon in November - was sold out in MB boutique in Toronto

I debated for too long, alas. Too bad I didn't see your scan back in August—I think it would've clinched it for me. :)