Pentorium: Edison Collier Silver Marble Review

imadeadend

This is an excerpt from the review on Pentorium, click here to see the full review!

Edison Collier Review

Edison… What’s that? A relatively small pen company based in the USA, Edison is run by Brian Gray, an all around genius when it comes to super cool fountain pens. There are many different models such as the Herald, Hudson, and this, the Collier, but Edison’s main focus is custom made fountain pens.

http://www.pentorium.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/collier-reflection.jpg

Edison, a name every pen lover should know

Now when I say custom, I mean custom. We are talking hundreds of different colours and patterns, different filling systems, nib materials, sizes, and other small customisations you can get as special requests. Edison sells these custom pens under their Signature line, with standard colours coming under the Production line. You choose, Brian makes. Want a black pen with a pink cap? Just say so. Want a symbol etched into the body of your pen? Brian will oblige. From what I have heard, Edison takes even the most whacky of requests, and Brian will talk you through the entire process, from planning to postage.

But this pen isn’t part of that custom process, it’s part of the standard lineup of Edison pens.

The Edison Collier Silver Marble

One look at this pen is enough to raise eyebrows. It’s gorgeous! A three dimensional acrylic pattern, with dark swirls throughout, lined with a deep blue. It was this that prompted the purchase off a fellow Fountain Pen Network member. Lightly used and with a nib tuned by Mr Richard Binder, $150.00 was a good price.

http://www.pentorium.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Photo1-41.jpg

Visit my blog Pentorium!

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• imadeadend

• Ytland

• georges zaslavsky

• watch_art

Jono, great review of a great pen! thumbup.gif Your blog looks like it has real potential, suppose there's another site to add to the subscription list...

Keep 'em coming.

Jack

Express Nib Grinding Down Under at AUSSIE PEN REPAIR

Email: aussiepenrepair@gmail.com

logo%2520resize.jpg

Jono, great review of a great pen! thumbup.gif Your blog looks like it has real potential, suppose there's another site to add to the subscription list...

Keep 'em coming.

Jack

Thanks Jack :) will do!

Oh and by the way, those Sheaffers you sold me are consistently daily writers for me, really great pens. Thanks again!

Visit my blog Pentorium!

[T]hose Sheaffers you sold me are consistently daily writers for me, really great pens. Thanks again!

Jono,

Thanks mate. You made my day cloud9.gif

Jack.

Express Nib Grinding Down Under at AUSSIE PEN REPAIR

Email: aussiepenrepair@gmail.com

logo%2520resize.jpg

Your dimensions show the section as 12mm long. Or is that 12mm in diameter?

The nib and feed do pull out of the housing, which is easier done with the housing screwed into the pen. Just pinch and pull.

:)

Beautiful pen and nice review. Thanks.

The nib and feed do pull out of the housing, which is easier done with the housing screwed into the pen. Just pinch and pull.

Thanks Shawn I'll make those changes now! I wasn't able to pull the nib from the housing, maybe I wasn't trying hard enough.

Visit my blog Pentorium!

outstanding :thumbup:

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

Thanks Shawn I'll make those changes now! I wasn't able to pull the nib from the housing, maybe I wasn't trying hard enough.

Pulling the nib from the feed and housing isn't something that I typically recommend unless you feel you are qualified.

If you want to interchange nibs, you should unscrew the nib, leaving the nib and feed within the housing unless you have a good reason to remove them, and most of those reasons would probably be for a repair/nib technician to deal with.

Also - if you really do want to pull the nib and feed from the housing, I don't recommend doing this from within the section. If the feed and nib are stubborn, you could strip the internal section threads or the external housing threads.

Thanks for the comments and the review!

Edited by bgray

Pulling the nib from the feed and housing isn't something that I typically recommend unless you feel you are qualified.

If you want to interchange nibs, you should unscrew the nib, leaving the nib and feed within the housing unless you have a good reason to remove them, and most of those reasons would probably be for a repair/nib technician to deal with.

Also - if you really do want to pull the nib and feed from the housing, I don't recommend doing this from within the section. If the feed and nib are stubborn, you could strip the internal section threads or the external housing threads.

Thanks for the comments and the review!

Thanks for clarifying Brian :thumbup: I never considered separating them; I just had a look at the unit itself, gave them a slight yank, and decided it wasn't worth the bother.

Visit my blog Pentorium!

Wow, that is a beautiful pen and a great review. My Edison is a stellar performer and the more I look at this pen, the more I feel the itch for another one.

Thanks for the review!

"Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it." --Terry Pratchett

http://jamesthebard.net/files/signature_small.jpg

Wow, that is a beautiful pen and a great review. My Edison is a stellar performer and the more I look at this pen, the more I feel the itch for another one.

Thanks for the review!

And thank you for the comments!

I feel the entire review section of this board is an enabler for more pen purchases...

Visit my blog Pentorium!